Latest Member
bsimon7074

Acon83's road to Nationals

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
10291095_782859048404851_6286129747319606917_n.jpg

Ok! we have started videos documenting the Journey and mission Acon is on in Women's Physique. She won an overall as well as became nationally qualified in the NPC this year at Europa Orl. She took her class of 5 and placed second in the overall next to a lady in masters. I feel as well as others who critiqued the comparisons that she won almost every pose. When I found out some juicey details about some issues with judging the comp, we felt really let down. As far as reaching out to some of the judges afterwards( and I did so very professionally about her placing and what improvements they'd like to see) I got no feedback. Which before I always have heard back. But this is the sport and that happens. So we are moving on and not looking back.

She is 30 weeks out this week from Nationals. So from my view there are a few areas of improvement that we will accomplish:

-Add more mass to quads(upper body not proportional to lower)
-come in leaner
--improve abs

So currently her diet is very close to contest diet as I gradually increase her food intake week by week. The goal is to not have her weight rebound back to the end of last years bulk. She will stay leaner this time around so its easier to get a little more fat off the legs this go around. So as far as numbers look here's some specs over the past year or so: She's 5'0"

2013 stage weight: 117lbs
waist 27.25
BF% with calipers 8.9%
Bulked up to 154lbs
Cut was 22 weeks

2014 Europa stage weight: 224.5lbs
waist 27
BF% with calipers 8.3%

So with that said if you wanna follow along Ill try to keep updates, WO's and pics and videos updated. Post show blues are in full effect, but Im sure she'll add to this soon. The Over goal is a pro card but I think a top 5 finish would be great as well.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
10291095_782859048404851_6286129747319606917_n.jpg

Ok! we have started videos documenting the Journey and mission Acon is on in Women's Physique. She won an overall as well as became nationally qualified in the NPC this year at Europa Orl. She took her class of 5 and placed second in the overall next to a lady in masters. I feel as well as others who critiqued the comparisons that she won almost every pose. When I found out some juicey details about some issues with judging the comp, we felt really let down. As far as reaching out to some of the judges afterwards( and I did so very professionally about her placing and what improvements they'd like to see) I got no feedback. Which before I always have heard back. But this is the sport and that happens. So we are moving on and not looking back.

She is 30 weeks out this week from Nationals. So from my view there are a few areas of improvement that we will accomplish:

-Add more mass to quads(upper body not proportional to lower)
-come in leaner
--improve abs

So currently her diet is very close to contest diet as I gradually increase her food intake week by week. The goal is to not have her weight rebound back to the end of last years bulk. She will stay leaner this time around so its easier to get a little more fat off the legs this go around. So as far as numbers look here's some specs over the past year or so: She's 5'0"

2013 stage weight: 117lbs
waist 27.25
BF% with calipers 8.9%
Bulked up to 154lbs
Cut was 22 weeks

2014 Europa stage weight: 224.5lbs
waist 27
BF% with calipers 8.3%

So with that said if you wanna follow along Ill try to keep updates, WO's and pics and videos updated. Post show blues are in full effect, but Im sure she'll add to this soon. The Over goal is a pro card but I think a top 5 finish would be great as well.

I think and hope you meant 124.5 lbs lol!

She looks fuukin awesome! Kuddos to you and her for working so hard! Keep kicking ass!!!! :)

And keep us updated!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Lol 224... Looking forward to following the progress!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Great results - as you've said, would suggest come in w/ some more detail. Great shape in the rear pose you posted - would beef that up a bit, see if possible to bring in more calf size and cut up generally a little more. Best of luck!

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Sassy
Def some room to come is slightly leaner. That along with a bit dryer without pulling all the water out and having her look flat. Her upper is solid and thick. Another coach who has plently of pros told me if she gets bigger upper body she'll be too big. But I think once she bring up legs and glutes just a bit, itwill be more balanced

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
hey yall! Thanks for following! I know I've been quiet here, but I'm super busy!! I'm training myself, working full-time (teacher remember??) running my 2 busy kiddos all over, training some others, keeping my sposors happy, and finding time to also help all of our competitors on our training team!! So, the Internet isn't always my priority, but I definitely want to make TID be a place that I stop in and say hello more often!
So, we're doing a few things:
documenting my road to nats via a video blog. it's not up yet, but when it is, it'll be on my youtube channel which I believe is also acon83
documenting via a log on TID. I can't get into DEEP detail due to sponsorships, but we will reveal as much as we can :)
beefing up my training. I don't want to be a pipsqueek on the national stage
keeping my weight in the 135-140 range (I'm not opposed to a full bulk, but why??? it makes my lean out phase HELL) so i'm going to reverse diet, and keep things on the leaner side...

I know that people go to national shows all the time, but how often do you get to see the down and dirty??? the competitor having a breakdown because all she wants is a damn cheeseburger?!!? lol
we're leaving nothing out :)

thanks for following!!
enjoy! :)

I'll also be frequently updating my facebook page, so please pop over and hit "like" https://www.facebook.com/AmandaAconConomon
Thanks!!!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Nice work . That's def a BUSY schedule to juggle and maintain. Good Luck, look forward to following

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
hey yall! Thanks for following! I know I've been quiet here, but I'm super busy!! I'm training myself, working full-time (teacher remember??) running my 2 busy kiddos all over, training some others, keeping my sposors happy, and finding time to also help all of our competitors on our training team!! So, the Internet isn't always my priority, but I definitely want to make TID be a place that I stop in and say hello more often!
So, we're doing a few things:
documenting my road to nats via a video blog. it's not up yet, but when it is, it'll be on my youtube channel which I believe is also acon83
documenting via a log on TID. I can't get into DEEP detail due to sponsorships, but we will reveal as much as we can :)
beefing up my training. I don't want to be a pipsqueek on the national stage
keeping my weight in the 135-140 range (I'm not opposed to a full bulk, but why??? it makes my lean out phase HELL) so i'm going to reverse diet, and keep things on the leaner side...

I know that people go to national shows all the time, but how often do you get to see the down and dirty??? the competitor having a breakdown because all she wants is a damn cheeseburger?!!? lol
we're leaving nothing out :)

thanks for following!!
enjoy! :)

I'll also be frequently updating my facebook page, so please pop over and hit "like" https://www.facebook.com/AmandaAconConomon
Thanks!!!

If you tend to build upper body easily, then don't feel the need to train upper body all the time. Muscle maturity and genetic preference for mass building is quite amazing. I've been very sporadically in the gym these last 3 years due to a shoulder injury, moving across the country (and doing it again in a couple months) and just general aging complaints I"m having to learn how to deal with - and I still have nearly all the size I ever had on my upper body. Aside from gaining some flab in the usual places, the only area that has really taken a hit in terms of mass loss, is my quads. I've had to work hard to build them up and they were the first, and generally the only thing to go. We'll see how easily they build up again, but leaving bodybuilding in favor of WPD, I actually like having lost some of that size. Finally my damn pants fits where my quads were usually in the way. Now I just have to deal w/ 16" calves that wont' go away :)

I would say you should experiment w/ more focus on your lower body and just keep an eye on your upper body that you don't lose mass such that when you cut up, you start to get small. But given the chem support, less of an issue. You've got a nice glute shape and I'd love to see an amazing glute/ham tie-in. That shit makes people look twice in a lineup!

RE: diet - clean bulk implemented via carb rotation is a nice way to build w/o adding the excess flab of a full-on bulker that you'd need to cut even harder to get rid of.

Last edited:
D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Exactly our thoughts. Always good to here from someone with a ton of experience give advice. Thanks a ton. Her glutes started to take shape this yr. The focus was muscle mind connection as well as perfecting form. Putting down the glory weight and doing it right. A bit more attention as well as quad work and we ll be good to go.

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just remember your home and where you found your sponsor ;)

Looking great, put on an amazing amount of lean size. We're friends, you look like you can help me move, LOL

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
yes LK, I'll help ya move!
you buying the chicken and sweet potato?!

but ask Drag about my helpfulness in moving :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic