Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Day Trading or Long term?

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I did stocks for 6 or 7 months and I switched to Oil and the ES and will never go back to stocks. Futures is so much easier for me. I am much more consistent

NWO

NWO

Mar 20, 2014
I say we have a little contest...1 week investment of...25k. I know alot of you guys are more long term investors but lets see what you could do in a limited timeframe. anyone in?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
This is my profession. I go head to head with other traders in the markets. That's my contest, haha ;)

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Here is one for you.

VPLM ..........we bought 3MM shares 15 months ago at .008 and will ride this to the buyout at $2.50-$3.50 All patents are approved and negotiations to sell the company have begun.

This stock is down 8% today so I'm going to go ahead and grab 20k shares. Looks like they have two promising patents pending.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
This stock is down 8% today so I'm going to go ahead and grab 20k shares. Looks like they have two promising patents pending.

They have 5 patents that are locked in and approved. One of them Microsoft tried for and was denied about two years ago, VPLM was approved.

It is going to sell for $2-$4B inside of 6-9 months TOPS imo. Your 20K shares should be worth $40-$80K and you'll own me dinner ;)

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I say we have a little contest...1 week investment of...25k. I know alot of you guys are more long term investors but lets see what you could do in a limited timeframe. anyone in?

You looking for stocks or can we trade futures?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012

Not my game these days, but I love that competitive spirit. Occasionally the short term profits are there for the taking and I pounce on them. But 95% of my time, money, and focus is on fundamental investing - mostly bottom-up. And I learned a long time ago not to try to force the realized short-term gains - I take them if they present themselves along the normal course of a day or week, otherwise I don't try to find them.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
VPLM baby..........watch it GOOOOOOOOO.

We bought a cpl million at .008 and it will get bought out here shortly for $4.00-$6.00 !!!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
We trade patterns so I thought this was interesting. Is the sell off over? Seems the market has rebounded pretty hard. Friday of last week and Monday and Tuesday have had great movement and volume. Today was a PITA http://tos.mx/ydMjyg

GermaniaK

GermaniaK

Apr 19, 2014
What weighting to you guys place on the importance of fundamentals versus technical analytics? Being an accountant it is very hard for me to make a move on technicals if the fundamentals are raising alarm bells, i.e. short term liquidity issues, high gearing, etc. except where I find a stock that is under-valued in which case I wait for a support line before jumping in and selling on the upward motion.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic