Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Gone keto. Can't catch a pump.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm using a keto diet to cut up a bit. I can't seem to get a pump in the gym. I'm not overtrained. I just took a week off and had a six week layoff a month before that.

So do you guys use any sups to get a pump? I was looking into citruline. There was another one POB turned me onto. Something with an "h" that stopped nitric breakdown?

Slin in is out of the question right now.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Good luck, man.. getting a pump with no carbs is like.... trying to get a pump with no carbs. Hahah, maybe someone knows a supp that will help a bit, but pumps are basically nonexistent in keto. Same reason you can't get a pump on dnp, glycogen stores are gone.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
No carbs is great for shedding fat, but blows for lifting. My whole workout seems unproductive with no carbs. I gauge when I've had enough by my pump. It sucks to go the whole workout chasing it.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Bodybuilders who are keto before stage use fats to fill out as they've become your main source for energy. Try uppingthe fats a bit. But if weightloss is the main goal just wait it out

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
high doses of augmatine, citrulline malate and beta alanine......that's what I use pre-workout when killing carbs. I also find that eating some good tuna (Papa George or Tuna Guys) gives a natural oil to use easily. Works better than fish oil caps and I am nice and full when I eat that in a meal prior to working out.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
I dont get the need to go all the way to the extreme of the keto no carb diet. I feel you can still get a pump and burn plenty of fat while eating 100 to 125 grams of carbs a day. You will deplete your carbs each day. Do, some fasted am cardio and burn some am fat. Add in carbs through out the day. Everyday you get depleted. Every morning you burn fat. Each workout you have some glycogen in the muscle so you get a pump.
I get damn peeled and have never done the keto diet.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I dont get the need to go all the way to the extreme of the keto no carb diet. I feel you can still get a pump and burn plenty of fat while eating 100 to 125 grams of carbs a day. You will deplete your carbs each day. Do, some fasted am cardio and burn some am fat. Add in carbs through out the day. Everyday you get depleted. Every morning you burn fat. Each workout you have some glycogen in the muscle so you get a pump.
I get damn peeled and have never done the keto diet.

Low carb is my typical route and I agree. Just happen to have an important function to attend in about 90 days and I'm over my typical starting point on bf for a cut. This is very temporary.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
This doesn't look promising. The 2 products I'm using right now are Scivation Xtend and VPx Friction. Xtend has 1000mg citruline per serv. I usually have 2 servings in a day. Friction has 3250 mg beta-alanine. I'm only using 1/2 serv of friction pre wo.

Amazing when you don't even know what you are taking... And I do read the labels but I remember whats in the blends for about 30 seconds..

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Try cycling your carbs around your lifts. I had the same problem a few years back and just switched up my training times, added more good fats to regular meals, and saved the carbs for preworkout. I was basically eating zero simple carbs other than preworkout.

What AAS are you currently on? I would recommend adding var, winny, tbol, etc purely as a preworkout supplement for a few weeks. I did that with a low dose combo of var and tbol and it worked very well for achieving pumps.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Try cycling your carbs around your lifts. I had the same problem a few years back and just switched up my training times, added more good fats to regular meals, and saved the carbs for preworkout. I was basically eating zero simple carbs other than preworkout.

What AAS are you currently on? I would recommend adding var, winny, tbol, etc purely as a preworkout supplement for a few weeks. I did that with a low dose combo of var and tbol and it worked very well for achieving pumps.

Im on 600 test e and 600 eq. I would love to add an oral but I'm running accutane right now and that's about as much of a load as I want to put on my liver. My old lady has some liquid var. I might get a dose from her just to try it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic