pbtom
What's New?

Philly bust

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
The Big Stories

A Philadelphia police detective and two police officers are among the 15 charged in a federal indictment, accused of conspiring to distribute anabolic steroids.

Authorities from the DEA, the FBI, the Philadelphia Police Department, and the United States Postal Inspection Service say Keith Gidelson, a Philadelphia Police Detective, and fellow police officers Joseph McIntyre and George Sambuca were indicted Wednesday along with Gidelson's wife, Kirsten.

According to the indictment, Keith Gidelson was operating an anabolic steroid and human growth hormone (HGH) distribution organization in Philadelphia and throughout the United States. The indictment alleges that Gidelson would obtained monthly shipments of anabolic steroids and HGH from suppliers in Europe and China and then sell the steroids to his co-conspirators, who would then distribute the drugs on their own.

PDF: Read the indictment in its entirety on 6abc.com

The indictment alleges that one of the suppliers shipped the steroids to California where defendant Robert Walters would re-package them for shipment to Gidelson. Another supplier shipped steroids to a mailbox that Gidelson has rented at a UPS store.

Gidelson and his wife, Kirsten, are also facing allegations that they stored and packaged steroids and HGH at their home in Philadelphia. The couple allegedly met with drug customers, including defendants Michael Barclay, Keith Ebner, Jeffrey Filoon, Christian Kowalko, Joel Levin, Luke Lors, Joseph McIntyre, George Sambuca, William Schiavo, and Vaidotas Verikas, at their home and at Philadelphia-area fitness clubs, to distribute anabolic steroids and HGH in various quantities.

Gidelson is also accused of distributing steroids to customers throughout the United States - people whom he met through online weightlifting chat rooms on websites.

If convicted, each defendant faces ten years in prison on each charge and a $250,000 fine.

The full list of defendants are as follows: Keith Gidelson Philadelphia, PA 34 Kirsten Gidelson Philadelphia, PA 36 Robert James Walters Folsom, CA 50 Jay Guiliano Philadelphia, PA 41 Michael Supilowski Chicago, IL 49 Michael Barclay Philadelphia, PA 51 Keith Ebner Philadelphia, PA 44 Jeffrey Filoon Philadelphia, PA 36 Christian Kowalko Philadelphia, PA 38 Joel Levin Bensalem, PA 48 Luke Lors Huntingdon Valley, PA 31 Joseph McIntyre Philadelphia, PA 36 George Sambuca Philadelphia, PA 25 William Schiavo Philadelphia, PA 29 Vaidotas Verikas Wrightstown, PA 41 Gidelson is a 14-year veteran of the Department, formally assigned to the Safety Office. Sambuca is a 2-year veteran of the Department, assigned to the 22nd District and Mcintyre is a 14-year veteran of the Department, assigned to the 26th District.

Speaking about the indictment on Wednesday, Ramsey said he knew this was coming for months now.

"It's another dark day for our department, but one that certainly does not reflect the good work that goes on every single day by the men and women of this department," Ramsey said.

"Unfortunately, we do have some that tarnish the badge and continue to do so," Ramsey continued. "We will very aggressively continue to go after them and get them out of our ranks."

The three officers arrested were suspended from the force with intent to fire within 30 days.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Sooooo, who is he?

Defendant KEITH GIDELSON also distributed steroids to customers
throughout the United States that he met through online weightlifting chat rooms on websites
including: STEROIDS.COM; INJECT.COM; ISTEROIDS.COM; and BODYBUILDING.COM.

^That is from the pdf.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Doesnt it ever strike the Feds as a sign that OTHER LE use and sell the shit?

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Doesnt it ever strike the Feds as a sign that OTHER LE use and sell the shit?

I think LE should be allowed to use AAS. Over the last couple days I've seem some cops that look 12 years old. I swear I bet the poor guys don't have to shave but once a week. WTF?:-|

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
I think LE should be allowed to use AAS. Over the last couple days I've seem some cops that look 12 years old. I swear I bet the poor guys don't have to shave but once a week. WTF?:-|

lol.......

huntlo

huntlo

Apr 9, 2011

If they did, best believe I would be the first to

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
If they did, best believe I would be the first to

I'd switch careers too. LOL... People would get away with so much shit if I did that......

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
Just goes to show you everyone gets involved once and awhile

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic