Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is eating bread fattening?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I eat a breakfast bagel 3-4 times a week and a hoagie sandwich 1-2x a week and I can see my abs.
I don't even "diet", either.

I was eating bread every day a one point, probably up to 3 -4 slices of it too. Beef hot dogs and chili, with cheese, on bread. Mmmmm, bitch!!

and don't anyone say "It's your metabolism" or "well, that works for YOU..." or i will e-smack ya upside the head!

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Two guys, both the exact same age and weight should have the same metabolism, right or..?

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
I can't believe America is still in those whole fad of gluten-phobia. It's the gheyest thing ever. Unless you are diagnosed by a doctor and have celiac disease(no mistaking it.)

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
http://www.thebreadgarden.com/bg_carb.php

I'm only glutton free until I go on vacation.....then I put the "buff" in BUFFET :)

The gluten allergies are a funny thing. I know that some people bloat and have issues like with lactose. But I also notice that if it is pure gluten (not processed in some way that we have no clue what it end up as) that the same people can tolerate it.

With that said.....I am not an anti gluten fanatic......but I do have to watch my bread intake if I want to be shredded. I bake my own if I have people over for dinner, but for convenience I use the carb curber. It is soft and tasty.....has 7 grams of protein and 7 grams of carbs (4 of which are fiber).......eat em up!!

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
I don't hate your bread IronInsanity.....U sexy muther trucker

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
"Is eating bread fattening"? Compared to not eating yes, otherwise the answer depends upon a variety of factors.
jim

Last edited:
Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I think if you eat the right type and amount of bread , then its not going to be fattening. Portion size is always important.

I Like to eat Dark Rye bread as its higher in fibre and lower GI. A good portion of protein with it and some lettuce and tomato with pepper and its got to be good for you.

Pure rye bread contains only rye flour, without any wheat. German-style pumpernickel, a dark, dense, and close-textured loaf, is made from crushed or ground whole rye grains, usually without wheat flour, baked for long periods at low temperature in a covered tin. Rye and wheat flours are often used to produce a rye bread with a lighter texture, color and flavor than pumpernickel. 'Light' or 'dark' rye flour can be used to make rye bread; the flour is classified according to the amount of bran left in the flour after milling.

Below are examples of foods based on their GI.
[h=3]Low GI Foods (55 or less)[/h]
  • 100% stone-ground whole wheat or pumpernickel bread
  • Oatmeal (rolled or steel-cut), oat bran, muesli
  • Pasta, converted rice, barley, bulgar
  • Sweet potato, corn, yam, lima/butter beans, peas, legumes and lentils
  • Most fruits, non-starchy vegetables and carrots
[h=3]Medium GI (56-69)[/h]
  • Whole wheat, rye and pita bread
  • Quick oats
  • Brown, wild or basmati rice, couscous
[h=3]High GI (70 or more)[/h]
  • White bread or bagel
  • Corn flakes, puffed rice, bran flakes, instant oatmeal
  • Shortgrain white rice, rice pasta, macaroni and cheese from mix
  • Russet potato, pumpkin
  • Pretzels, rice cakes, popcorn, saltine crackers
  • melons and pineapple
- See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fi...-index-and-diabetes.html#sthash.xiT1Rd7r.dpuf

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I heard it isn’t good to eat breads. I eat a lot of whole wheat bread, but I heard that bread in general puts unwanted weight on your body.

Is this true?
Does anyone know where I can find info. on this?

Also, is it bad to eat bread before going to sleep? I heard it doesn’t digest quickly (and turns to fat) because you don’t do anything active while sleeping.

NO eating bread is not fattening- but many times its how much or nutrient timing- immediatly after workouts you can use shorter chain sugars to replenish glycogen store in muscle. Eating before bed then YES- have a protien shake before bed or some tuna

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
This thread is still going? Still spreading myths here I see. I'll just stay out of this thread from here on out. No one listens...

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
This thread is still going? Still spreading myths here I see. I'll just stay out of this thread from here on out. No one listens...

Your suggestions are fundamentally sound and more importantly, are often directly supported by the scientific literature (whether your aware of that or not). Moreover your vast experience deserves a certain degree of credibility in and of itself Shorty.

So yea people are listening (or they damn sure should) because your advice is GTG fella.

Regards
jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I can't believe America is still in those whole fad of gluten-phobia. It's the gheyest thing ever. Unless you are diagnosed by a doctor and have celiac disease(no mistaking it.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your absolutely correct and I've no doubt many "Gluten sensitive" people "need" to have a "condition" which mandates special attention.

Contrary to popular belief Celiac disease is NOT an allergic condition but rather a GENETIC metabolic defect involving the GI tract which results in malabsorption.

C. Sprue can ONLY be confirmed with a "several point" colonic biopsy.

JIM

Last edited:
D

DannyP

Apr 30, 2014
The bread you're eating has been refined and if you don't know what that is I'll tell you.

1. They are excessively starchy.
2. They are practically devoid of natural fiber.
3. There can be up to approximately 25 different chemicals that are added to refined grains and breads products.
4. Grains are fumigated..
5. They are "enriched" with synthetic vitamins.
5. Bleaching chemicals are used.
6. Artificial colorings and flavorings are used.
7. They are nutritionally imbalanced.

Read this. Stay away from bread. The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead.

Makes me want to make my own lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic