Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

lifting while pregnant

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I have a facebook "friend" that is pregnant and do in 2 weeks. Still going to the gym. I'm all for staying in shape while pregnant but... she is still squatting 90 ,deadlifting 135 , jogging and she is posting pics. It gets me mad. I can see you going walking incline on treadmill. Doing arms, leg extensions, but aren't you scared about causing strain on the bady. ****ing deadlifting??? Her face is very lean and brags that she only gained 10 lbs. So she is not eating enough as well. I feel like posting something on Facebook but I restrain myself. So I will vent here. What are your thoughts?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I say do it.... Maybe if she really builds up some pressure, "pop" out will come the baby. lol

It's safe to lift up to the 3rd trimester but to be squatting and pulling 2 weeks out isn't wise.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I say do it.... Maybe if she really builds up some pressure, "pop" out will come the baby. lol

It's safe to lift up to the 3rd trimester but to be squatting and pulling 2 weeks out isn't wise.
That's what I am saying. People are saying the baby is going to fall out when she posts her pics

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Hey TG I knew 2 BB chicks that trained up until the day they had their babies. Both had easy deliveries and were back in the gym in one week. Pretty crazy. You ladies are tough!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
What type of mother will she be? Lot's of judgement floating around here. How is this a reflection of her parenting skills? If she can do it what's the problem? Women did much harder work for thousands of years and we're still here. Can you prove this is hurting the baby?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
The swinging motion of the kipping pull ups would make me concerned about her back more than anything.
As far as lifting goes as long as it isn't strenuous I wouldn't see an issue

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Well kipping is stupid regardless of her being pregnant but it's not a reflection on her as a mother. That's ridiculous

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Edit .......I should read the whole thread before replying

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic