Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New Jersey Cops on Steroids

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
We’ve seen cops taking steroids in the past, but this is nothing compared to what the New Jersey police officers were recently caught doing. New Jersey cops are such raging steroid freaks that the government has decided to step in and do something about the problem. And the worst part is that these steroid using police officers is that they are juicing with taxpayers’ money!
Hearing about cops juicing is nothing new because every state suffers from the hypocrisy of men in blue using steroids to get bigger. Pro bodybuilders Lou Ferrigno, Sergio Olivia, and of course Ronnie Coleman are presently or have been police officers in the past.
However, hearing about how hundreds of New Jersey police offers are taking steroids with taxpayers’ money is shocking!
This story first blew open towards the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 when the Star Ledger newspaper did an investigation into New Jersey police steroid usage. They discovered that a physician by the name of Joseph Colao was issuing fake medical diagnoses so that various New Jersey policemen could get steroids.
Now this part doesn’t bug me so much because I think that everybody should be free to juice for cosmetic purposes as they please. However, I do have a small problem with the fact that the same guys who are arresting bodybuilders for steroid possession on a daily basis are juicing themselves. And I have a much bigger problem knowing that these cops were getting their steroid prescriptions filled through a government health plan.
According to the Star Ledger investigation, the now-deceased Colao was filling steroid and human growth hormone prescriptions for as many as 248 police officers at one time; there were also two firefighters involved in the mix too. And the worst part of all is that the officers were abusing new stipulations in a prescription benefits plan that enabled them to get their steroids for next to nothing.
If the investigation had merely uncovered that New Jersey cops were juicing with their own money, this story might be taking a different turn. Maybe one where internal affairs and police captains would be handling the disciplinary actions. But once the Star Ledger introduced the element that cops were using taxpayer dollars to secure their gear, the seriousness of this situation got even bigger.
New Jersey Attorney General Paula Dow was one of the first government officials to get involved with this matter, and she launched a full investigation into the alleged steroid scheme. Dow said, “Everything will be on the table. We will be looking at several angles involving the improper use of steroids in law enforcement.”
After issuing her statement, Dow formed a taskforce that included lawyers, deputy attorney generals, and various committee leaders to find out all they could about the case. Following two months of research and meetings, Dow and her team found that there was plenty of abuse that took place with the prescription benefits plan, which was originally designed to provide discounts to government workers.
In the wake of her findings, Dow has worked to restrict the ease of obtaining steroids and human growth hormone through the benefits program. New Jersey doctors and physicians must go through more labors to prescribe steroids and HGH to their patients. Plus there are safeguards on drugs that are typically used by bodybuilders - most specifically Anavar.
In regards to those who actually need these drugs, Dow addressed this specific issue by saying, “Our objective is not to make it harder for people who have a legitimate need for steroids or growth hormone to receive those medications, but rather to make it far more difficult both for patients without a medical necessity to receive these drugs and for doctors to improperly prescribe them.”
In addition to the safeguards against people being able to get roids through fake medical conditions, New Jersey is going to step up their testing of law enforcement officers, which includes more random anabolic steroid testing. Also, police chiefs have more authority to issue tests if they think that a certain police officer is using steroids. In the past, cops were rarely tested for steroids because police chiefs didn’t have much authority to administer these tests. Even if there was a test requested, many officers got out of the test by threatening to sue, or claiming a violation of constitutional rights.
To be honest, I applaud New Jersey’s efforts to prevent any more hypocritical cops from using steroids with hardworking taxpayer money. On the other hand, I also worry about this story giving steroids yet another black eye since it has a negative connotation for roids.
And it’s scandals like this that threaten to keep steroids as a Schedule III drug for years and years to come. Will adults every be able to juice in peace?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I know a former member of Dallas SWAT that would take the gear he netted in his unit's raids and resell it in local gyms. This dude would bust guys that he had bought from, steal their shit, and sell it at a marked up rate to their own clients. Karma is a mean motherfucker.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
They'll probably somehow link these police officers to cases involving physical brutality and other bullshit which only further gives AAS use a bad rap.

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I say give it to them... Them and firefighters/first responders... If it gets to the point that I need to call the police for backup I want some huge ass cop coming to help... not Barney Fife... and If I am in an accident... YOU DAMN RIGHT I want the INCREDIBLE HULK tearing the doors off my car to save me or busting through walls to pull me from a fire!

for those dill bags raiding and stealing... it isnt just with gear... its with everything... hippocrosy knows no bounds...

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I know a former member of Dallas SWAT that would take the gear he netted in his unit's raids and resell it in local gyms. This dude would bust guys that he had bought from, steal their shit, and sell it at a marked up rate to their own clients. Karma is a mean motherfucker.

They'll probably somehow link these police officers to cases involving physical brutality and other bullshit which only further gives AAS use a bad rap.

Ouch...most likely karma will come around to really bite

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
good post.as mention above by HR....i like to see cops use but at the same time i dont like the fact of them busting people for it...I can understand maybe if they have no way to get around it but if a cop was to bust u and they juice on the side and they didnt have to report it but turned around and took u to jail for it instead of letting u go then i have a big problem with it...It all depends how they handel the situation in my oppion.....dw

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i used to sell weed to cops outta the gas station i was working at when the city's pumps were down and they were getting their gas from me. they would come back after their shift in their street clothes and buy bags. as it turns out the dude living upstairs from me in my building was selling crack so the cops that bought their weed from me gave me a heads up that the building was under surveillance. i never got busted selling weed in that city. their not ALL hypocrites.
shit, the first time i tried Dbol i got it from a sheriff that worked out at the local Y with me and he was good friends with my father in law (the Lt.). i got away with a LOTTA petty shit in that city for these reasons alone (the felonies theres was nothing they could do for me however. lol)

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
That article is obviously biased in the first place, whether it was cops or average joes juicing... My gym is in a pretty good sized city and I know quite a few of the cops that work out in there... One makes no secret of the fact he uses... Another one, a detective sergeant, told me he knew a friend of mine was selling but that he didnt care as heroin is making a comeback in the area, so they have more serious shit to deal with... As far as taking shit from people after they bust them for it, Im pretty sure they have to record what they seize as evidence to file the charges... Even if they take half of what they bust someone for and put he other half into evidence, Officer McBacon would still run the risk of being investigated himself if the arrestee pointed out that some of his product "disappeared"...

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
That article is obviously biased in the first place, whether it was cops or average joes juicing... My gym is in a pretty good sized city and I know quite a few of the cops that work out in there... One makes no secret of the fact he uses... Another one, a detective sergeant, told me he knew a friend of mine was selling but that he didnt care as heroin is making a comeback in the area, so they have more serious shit to deal with... As far as taking shit from people after they bust them for it, Im pretty sure they have to record what they seize as evidence to file the charges... Even if they take half of what they bust someone for and put he other half into evidence, Officer McBacon would still run the risk of being investigated himself if the arrestee pointed out that some of his product "disappeared"...

Hmm, show me the guy that would stand up in his own trial and say, "Excuse me you honor, I was in posession of 10k vials of controlled substance, not 1k as the report states. Just want to be sure I'm properly charged." I think the point of the article was that taxpayers were funding their use, not just the fact cops are using.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
As I have said... LET THEM TAKE IT... EVEN ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME!...

I would MUCH rather see my tax money go to getting strong, swole ass cops than feeding Jerome and his 7 illegitimate kids while he sells rocks and lifts weights on his porch when his ass should be at work like the rest of us....

Reactions: SJA
pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
As I have said... LET THEM TAKE IT... EVEN ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME!...

I would MUCH rather see my tax money go to getting strong, swole ass cops than feeding Jerome and his 7 illegitimate kids while he sells rocks and lifts weights on his porch when his ass should be at work like the rest of us....

Great point Core, Im sick and tired of seeing low life trash who never worked a day in their live abuse the system. Its a self perpetuating downward spiral, and if I were president you would have to have a job to do drugs!

el griff

el griff

VIP Member
May 11, 2013
Wow, my first ever cycle was with dball from a guy who later became a cop in nj. Then my first show I flew to in Orlando Florida for the NPC nationals to support guys from the gym that where in the show, I run across a guy from my high school at the hotel that was on it. Now he is a nj police officer lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic