Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

caffeine good or bad for ketosis

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
I'm sure this has been discussed before somewhere, but lets just go through it again, since I didnt really like what I found in the search engines. Is it just me or does the search engine seem less efficient now?

Oh and yes, the diet is low carb.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm not sure on the caffeine. To me, keto and low carb are two different things so I'm a bit confused by the original post.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
They say to avoid caffeine. I say bull crap I need my coffee. I stayed in ketosis even drinking coffee so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just drink it black, you can have some heavy whip cream which is alot of fat which is ok.

Heavy whip cream liquid.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 tbsp (15.0 g)
Amount Per Serving % Daily Values
Calories 52 Calories from Fat 50
Total Fat 5.5g 9%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 17%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g
Cholesterol 21mg 7%
Sodium 6mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0.4g 0%
Sugars 0.0g
Protein 0.3g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 0%

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I had no problems drinking tons of caffeine while in ketosis, it didn't effect it at all from what I could tell. You are gonna need caffeine more than ever while in it as well for energy.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
They say to avoid caffeine. I say bull crap I need my coffee. I stayed in ketosis even drinking coffee so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just drink it black, you can have some heavy whip cream which is alot of fat which is ok.

Heavy whip cream liquid.
Nutrition Facts
Total Fat 5.5g 9%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 17%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g
Cholesterol 21mg 7%
Sodium 6mg 0%
Sugars 0.0g
Protein 0.3g
Calcium 1% Iron 0%

What does whip cream have to do with caffeine? I'm sorry if I over looked something.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
What does whip cream have to do with caffeine? I'm sorry if I over looked something.

Nothing :)
Just makes the coffee better tasting adds fats which you need.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Bulletproof coffee. Cup of black single-origin organic coffee. 1tbsp of organic grass-fed butter. 1tbsp of MCT oil.

Won't affect ketosis, WILL help you burn EXTRA fat (the MCT oil, look it up), and will give you energy while helping to control the hunger.

I'm doing this right now combined with intermittent fasting.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Heavy whip cream liquid.
Nutrition Facts
Total Fat 5.5g 9%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 17%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g
Cholesterol 21mg 7%
Sodium 6mg 0%
Sugars 0.0g
Protein 0.3g
Calcium 1% Iron 0%

I think you'll like the nutritional profile of the bulletproof coffee even more, especially since the saturated fats are in the form of MCTs which are the only fats I know of that help burn fat.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I think you'll like the nutritional profile of the bulletproof coffee even more, especially since the saturated fats are in the form of MCTs which are the only fats I know of that help burn fat.

Good point on the saturated part.

I'll have to give it a try as I start a cut next month.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I drink coffee when I'm doing low carb high fats and protein

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
Caffeine is said to help stimulate Lipolysis and Thermogenesis so for me, it's a must for Ketosis. I've also read that it's not recommended but I believe the articles that I've read centered around side effects and the belief that caffeine would help amplify any negative side effects experienced from elimination of carbs, such as headache, dizziness...etc.

Regardless, I make sure I consume it while in Ketosis more than any other time. Works for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic