Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

If Your Ever Arrested... By Rick Collins

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Don't break the damn law and you won't have to worry about talking to a cop. Simple as that.

I dont think it is that simple. In fact your assumption there flies in the face of the Due Process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment, which includes your right to the presumption of innocence in an encounter with the police until proven guilty in court, and your Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable stops, searches, and seizures by the police. And the btw, the constitution is the damn law. And if cops would stop violating it then they wouldnt have to worry their punk asses so much about getting sued.

Simple as that. LOL

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Take the time to watch this guy. It's been posted on the boards before, not sure if it's been here though.

Some excellent points are made. If you don't have the time, the message.....NEVER EVER say anything. NOTHING good ever comes from talking. No matter what is promised!!!

Remember if they're asking questions, usually it means they need more.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc&desktop_uri=/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Excellent vid; I was going to post it myself.

Name and address is about all any cop will ever get out of me.

T

tren_monster

Dec 1, 2013
Ok, to start with your user name is Tren monster, I'm going to assume you are all natural and never take or posses steroids? Cops are most certainly out to get you. Ask me how I know. Thats a nice little warm and fuzzy way of looking at it. I have been pulled over more times than I can count and have had two speeding tickets. Why? Because I wasn't a dick. I also never admitted to speeding, not once. Can I get pissed at the officer for enforcing stupid laws? Not really, they are just "doing their job" Would I shoot it out to keep from going to prison? F u ck yeah. And if you wouldn't you have never been inside a prison. Doing your job or not if you try to lock me up one of us is going to die.

For the record, I used to be a correctional officer and later a cop with SWAT/drug task force

The name "tren monster" was chosen because that happens to be my favorite compound to run. As for the prison part l, yes I've been in more prisons than you. Not that it's proud to say but I grew up visiting my dad till I was 11. I also worked in Oklahoma state Penitentiary before I got hired on as a beat cop in gang enforcement. No I don't use gear anymore, I stopped when I left the prison. Even if I wasn't a ****ing cop I still wouldn't shoot back. I'm smart enough to not get in that situation.

There are most definitely bad cops out there that just want to flaunt their power and act like douche bags, I won't even deny that. But to say every one is out to get you is very wrong. The law is at officer discretion. I could find a pound if coke and still kick you out with just a ticket over CJ. do I enforce every damn law? No not at all, I'm in California and there are some stupid ass ones here. Act like a douche bag And yea I'll hit you with every petty BS fine I can think of.

T

tren_monster

Dec 1, 2013
I dont think it is that simple. In fact your assumption there flies in the face of the Due Process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment, which includes your right to the presumption of innocence in an encounter with the police until proven guilty in court, and your Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable stops, searches, and seizures by the police. And the btw, the constitution is the damn law. And if cops would stop violating it then they wouldnt have to worry their punk asses so much about getting sued.

Simple as that. LOL

And you're completely correct for the most part. You have the right to not tell me your name, not show me ID or even talk to me at all. You can just walk away. Will that help you any? No not at all but it's still your right. But that's where the grey line sits. If there is a suspected crime committed I can detain you without cause in order to obtain incriminating evidence against you. That's the purpose of an investigation. Now for the 5th amendment. You can invoke your right as soon as I ask you some info and yes I will stop all questions. BUT another grey line that people don't know or understand sits right here.
Exceptions to the 5th.
If I suspect the crime is of an emergency type or effects public safety the 5th is gone. the jurisprudential rule of Miranda must yield in "a situation where concern for public safety must be paramount to adherence to the literal language of the prophylactic rules enunciated in Miranda". Check out New York vs quarles. In short a rapist is arrested with an empty shoulder holster. That loose weapon is a threat to public safrey and the officer can illicit info.

Also the 5th doesn't apply to information given to an undercover officer or giving things such as your name date of birth stuff like that to a bookie at the jail.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
And you're completely correct for the most part. You have the right to not tell me your name, not show me ID or even talk to me at all. You can just walk away. Will that help you any? No not at all but it's still your right. But that's where the grey line sits. If there is a suspected crime committed I can detain you without cause in order to obtain incriminating evidence against you. That's the purpose of an investigation. Now for the 5th amendment. You can invoke your right as soon as I ask you some info and yes I will stop all questions. BUT another grey line that people don't know or understand sits right here.
Exceptions to the 5th.
If I suspect the crime is of an emergency type or effects public safety the 5th is gone. the jurisprudential rule of Miranda must yield in "a situation where concern for public safety must be paramount to adherence to the literal language of the prophylactic rules enunciated in Miranda". Check out New York vs quarles. In short a rapist is arrested with an empty shoulder holster. That loose weapon is a threat to public safrey and the officer can illicit info.

Also the 5th doesn't apply to information given to an undercover officer or giving things such as your name date of birth stuff like that to a bookie at the jail.

And here lies the problem, far too many wanker types in the police force who will decide when and where the law needs applying for what ever reason suits them.....not for whatever reason suits the public.

T

tren_monster

Dec 1, 2013
And here lies the problem, far too many wanker types in the police force who will decide when and where the law needs applying for what ever reason suits them.....not for whatever reason suits the public.

That's true. It shouldn't happen but it does. I leave all personal emotions at home. Remain Indifferent to all aspects of crime and stay out of trouble. It's all work. I watch a lot of training vids of officers overstepping their bounds and try to find the "he did the right thing" but I've seen a few that I'm just like wow dude you need to be fired.

Police work is a touchy concept now days especially here in California. I really don't care if I get recorded but when the stupid little college kids start on the constitution and rights challenging everything I ask it gets pretty old.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
That's true. It shouldn't happen but it does. I leave all personal emotions at home. Remain Indifferent to all aspects of crime and stay out of trouble. It's all work. I watch a lot of training vids of officers overstepping their bounds and try to find the "he did the right thing" but I've seen a few that I'm just like wow dude you need to be fired.

Police work is a touchy concept now days especially here in California. I really don't care if I get recorded but when the stupid little college kids start on the constitution and rights challenging everything I ask it gets pretty old.

Do you think they should not know their rights?

T

tren_monster

Dec 1, 2013
Not at all. I think everyone should know what they can and cannot answer but when it's a simple ass traffic stop for speeding and they don't even wanna give up their ID and ask all sorts if questions it gets old.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
The name "tren monster" was chosen because that happens to be my favorite compound to run. As for the prison part l, yes I've been in more prisons than you. Not that it's proud to say but I grew up visiting my dad till I was 11. I also worked in Oklahoma state Penitentiary before I got hired on as a beat cop in gang enforcement. No I don't use gear anymore, I stopped when I left the prison. Even if I wasn't a ****ing cop I still wouldn't shoot back. I'm smart enough to not get in that situation.

There are most definitely bad cops out there that just want to flaunt their power and act like douche bags, I won't even deny that. But to say every one is out to get you is very wrong. The law is at officer discretion. I could find a pound if coke and still kick you out with just a ticket over CJ. do I enforce every damn law? No not at all, I'm in California and there are some stupid ass ones here. Act like a douche bag And yea I'll hit you with every petty BS fine I can think of.

Don't ever start thinking you are so smart it will never happen to you. Mistake #1. As for the % of cops who are assholes I'd say the % is somewhere around 85-90% and the few good ones leave after putting up with the BS for a few years. Most cops become cops because they are on a power trip that stems from childhood shit. Having been a cop and still having several friends in LE I can state this as fact. You know what happens if you get busted with gear around here? They take your gear and use it. If you were pulled over for speeding you may get a ticket, if it was rec drugs you may get charged for those but they will keep your steroids for their own use. I have watched it happen for almost 11 years now. My buddy was on probation and they did an unscheduled visit and found weed, 3 kits of GH, and 2 bottles of test. He was given a slap on the wrist for the weed and the GH and test went missing and was never mentioned.

T

tren_monster

Dec 1, 2013
I got into it because I was fresh out of the military and working at the saw mill wasn't cutting it taking care of my family.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I got into it because I was fresh out of the military and working at the saw mill wasn't cutting it taking care of my family.

Yep, I got into it because it seemed like a natural progression from a correctional officer. Before that I worked construction.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic