Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Electric car drivers to be taxed WTF?

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
They are not green nor saving the planet. they need electricity, where does that come from? for the most part coal plants. the batteries? those are toxic as hell, how do you dispose of them safely? if the govt didnt step in with their rebates, nobody would buy them because they cost too much, AND they suck ass. that is why the market did not create them nor demand them.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
ok so they arent green fair enough.But I dont think it is the state nor the oil companies responsibility to tax them even more.Yes we pay tax on gas but we also pay tax when we buy our cars.When we renew those tags.When we renew our drivers license.When we pay for our electricty.So I think taxing them even more is overkill.I also pay property tax and part of that goes to road maintenance to.maybe some of the slobular politicians should take a fucking pay cut instead.I dont own a hybrid nor would I ever own one.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I agree that is some bulllllshit.

Slic.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
ok so they arent green fair enough.But I dont think it is the state nor the oil companies responsibility to tax them even more.Yes we pay tax on gas but we also pay tax when we buy our cars.When we renew those tags.When we renew our drivers license.When we pay for our electricty.So I think taxing them even more is overkill.I also pay property tax and part of that goes to road maintenance to.maybe some of the slobular politicians should take a fucking pay cut instead.I dont own a hybrid nor would I ever own one.
We are taxed to death. national flat sales tax is the answer. you are taxed based on what you spend, not earn and everyone pays the same rate. it is the fairest system i know of. ours is a shamwow of a scam.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
mmmmmmh shamwowwwwwwww

Slic.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
We are mice.

Think of taxes as a grand maze that the politicians use to steer the mice to an end result. At the end, there is a small piece of cheese for us. Just enough to keep us motivated and to keep us from rising up and taking them down. We are steered with all types of taxes into certain types of behavior.

People that are struggling have little time to think.
People that are starving are happy with a loaf of bread or whatever the King let's them keep.

The Taxes Americans Pay Each Year

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Everyone is correct. Electric cars aren't green... they're just a way of wealthy snobs to feel better about themselves, AND nobody should have to pay another tax for the right to feel superior to me with respect to the environment. Let them feel superior without having to pay the tax.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I can spot a prius owner from a mile away LOL

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's funny, Honda makes a Civic Hybrid, and it doesn't sell that well. The market research showed that the buyers of the hybrid need to have others notice that it's a hybrid, because that's the value of the vehicle. With a Prius all your wealthy friends know you have a hybrid and think well of you. With the Civic Hybrid, you're also "green", but your friends don't know it, and so the relevant purchasing public isn't buying it.

Very funny stuff. I think that with a purchase of a Prius, you also get a handjob from Al Gore....

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I'm not so sure that the production of electricity is more environmentally damaging than the production of petroleum. If you read some of the methods they are employing to pull oil out of the ground, it's really a toss up. Disposal of the batteries is a problem, but so is the ever present issue of petroleum products leaking into our water systems by way of run off and spills.

Until someone designs a flux capacitor I'm afraid were all just gonna have to flip a coin to see which side it lands as to how we satisfy our need for the open road!

I agree that taxing people for buying electric cars is B.S. I'm sure big oil has a hand it that one as well.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Until someone designs a flux capacitor I'm afraid were all just gonna have to flip a coin to see which side it lands as to how we satisfy our need for the open road!
What about the Mr. fusion? that seemed way cooler.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic