Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Yohimbine Hcl

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
Yohimbine HCL / Yohimbe - A bit about how it works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info courtesy of Par Deus.

One of the major contributors to body weight homeostasis in the human body is the sympathetic nervous system, the principal components of which are the catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine) and the andrenergic receptors. There are two types of adrenergic receptors, alpha and beta, as well as subtypes of each -- and depending on which are activated, lipolysis (breakdown of fat) can be either stimulated or inhibited.

The most well-known adrenoreceptors to bodybuilders are the beta receptors. These can be divided into subtypes 1, 2, and 3 -- and it is through these receptors that drugs such as the ephedrine/caffeine stack and Clenbuterol exert their effects. While Clenbuterol acts directly on beta 2 receptors, ephedrine exerts its effects indirectly by stimulating the release of norepinephrine (NE), the body's primary endogenous thermogenic hormone. Unlike Clenbuterol, NE is not selective in its binding. In addition to binding to the beta 2 receptor, it also binds to both alpha receptors, as well as the beta 1 and 3 receptors. It is in regards to its binding to the alpha 2 receptor that yohimbine comes into play.

Norepinephrine and Yohimbine

Ativation of the alpha 2 receptor inhibits the release of NE. Thus, by binding to this receptor, NE functions as its own negative feedback signal. In other words, it shuts off its own release. Obviously, this is not a good thing for fat loss. This is particularly true at rest (which, unless you are a marathon runner is 95% of your day) -- this is because alpha 2 receptors are activated at lower catecholamine levels than are the beta receptors (1). Thus, thermogenesis is basically always turned off. It is the differences in regional distribution of alpha 2 and the beta receptors that is responsible for the gender differences in bodyfat storage (2). Basically, females have a large number of alpha 2 receptors and few beta receptors in the gluteofemoral area (hips, thighs, and butt), while men have the same problem in the midsection. With exercise or the use of compounds such as the ephedrine/caffeine stack, catecholamine levels can be increased to a point where the alpha 2 induced inhibition of lipolysis is partially overcome (1). However, even then, the alpha 2 receptors ARE still acting to reduce lipolysis. Yohimbine is a selective alpha 2 antagonist (3) and can thus short circuit this feedback loop, maximizing NE levels, thus maximizing fat loss, particularly in these problem areas.

Blood Flow

A second, more indirect, mechanism by which Yohimbine can aid lipolysis via the adrenergic system is by increasing peripheral blood flow (4, 5). Adipose tissue is known to have rather poor vascularity. When triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol during lipolysis, they must also be transported away from the fat cell or they risk being reincorporated into adipose tissue. Beta receptor activation causes vasodilation, thus increasing blood flow, however, it does not increase enough to remove all of the free fatty acids released during lipolysis (6). Alpha 1 and 2 receptor activation, on the other hand, causes a decrease in blood flow (2, 7). Thus, antagonism of the alpha 2 receptor with yohimbine would be expected to increase blood flow, and thus increase the mobilization and disposal of these FFA's, further aiding fat loss.

Yohimbine vs. yohimbe

Quite a bit of confusion seems to exist about the difference between Yohimbine and yohimbe. Yohimbine is the principal alkaloid from the herb P. yohimbe. However, there are 31 other yohimbane alkaloids that can be present in herbal yohimbe preparations. Some of these have different and unknown selectivities and potencies (and thus, effects) at the adrenergic receptors (8, 9) -- in addition, these preparations vary greatly from brand to brand and even from batch to batch, as no standardization for extraction exists. In fact, a recent investigation found that most over the counter preparations have little to no actual yohimbine (10). And, even in the more potent preparations, most people find a higher degree of undesirable effects with the herb vs. pure Yohimbine (due to the afore mentioned 31 other yohimbane alkaloids that can be present).

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Nice info, thanks for sharing.

I remember trying this stuff years ago when I was in the States, think it had a few other 'male' herbs in it such as Tribulus and Horny Goat Weed. Can't say I noticed much from it TBH, and I went through a couple of bottles of the stuff lol.

W

Wolfnicks

Dec 18, 2012
Yohimbine HCL really f**ks me up. Someone recommended it for fat loss. Got some by Prima Force, 2.5mg capsules. Just one pill sent me home for the day...cold sweats, clammy, shaking, couldnt concentrate at all...and that was just 1 pill It was a truly horrible feeling! Didn't take it again for a few weeks and thought I would try it again...same thing...and the person originally told me to work up to 3 pills. I cant even imagine. Im pretty sure I woulda died. LOL.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Feb 28, 2012
I had the same experience with Y HCL, but that was on an empty stomach with intense cardio.
I'm actually going to try it again today...the difference today is I will have eaten twice. I hope it doesn't frack me up

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
i received a sample of this and gave it a whirl. its alot stronger than oral stuff! i have to take abut half the dosage than the oral. i think it works great and you can feel the effects very fast and the effects seem to come and go pretty quick compared to the wierd feeling of the oral that can last all day. i def have to bump up the potasium and taurine to avoid monster cramps esp in my abs. one thing i found it did not do as many claimed, was burn fat in troubled spots like along the waist. i had some females try it and they didnt have those results either....overall, pretty good stuff imo

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Yohimbine HCL is very powerful stuff . I can't handle much more than 2-3 mg . I gives me hot and cold flushes and I feel agitated on it .I bought it a couple of times in 10g raw powder form and capped it up and used quite a bit of it,{ I used to mix in with zinc and other stuff for libido and my work mates liked it} back in the day when I didn't care how I felt and long as I got results I give it a big miss now days.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Yohimbine HCL is very powerful stuff . I can't handle much more than 2-3 mg . I gives me hot and cold flushes and I feel agitated on it .I bought it a couple of times in 10g raw powder form and capped it up and used quite a bit of it,{ I used to mix in with zinc and other stuff for libido and my work mates liked it} back in the day when I didn't care how I felt and long as I got results I give it a big miss now days.

Are you carb depleted? Yohimbine HCL strives in insulin deprived environments.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I guess I'm not alone when I say yohimbine is some nasty stuff. I use it once and all it did was make my heart race, bp spike and even made me feel weak and faint at times. I won't touch it again.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I guess I'm not alone when I say yohimbine is some nasty stuff. I use it once and all it did was make my heart race, bp spike and even made me feel weak and faint at times. I won't touch it again.

Take it with a vasodilator.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic