Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Designing A Ketogenic Diet

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
The chicken meals - is it breast or thigh? What is the fat source? I eat chicken legs and breast with the skin on the more fat the better

The hamburger - is that 85% lean? I buy the fattiest hamburger mix I can find.

Here is a sample of my days on a Keto

2 scoops whey isolate with dash of 1/2 and 1/2 and coffee with coconut oil and ephedrine

6 eggs
4 sausages

Chicken thigh with avocado
Caesar salad
MOAR ephedrine

85% lean hamburger no bun
Asparagus or broccori
Moar ephedrine

Hot dogs wrapped in bacon fried in coconut oil

If hungry before bed - bacon.

Thanks for sharing, bud. My answers are in bold above.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Does this go hand in hand the the anabolic diets ? Is it along the same lines or different and if so how is it different? Ive got some awesome food lists if ud be interested in me posting them?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Does this go hand in hand the the anabolic diets ? Is it along the same lines or different and if so how is it different? Ive got some awesome food lists if ud be interested in me posting them?

Please post. I'll look at them and tell you if I think they are basically the same or not.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I took a look at the anabolic diet on the strong lifts web page. That is a cyclic ketogenic diet where, after the first 12 days of keto diet, you add in some carbs and cut the fats on the weekends and eat protein and fat the rest of the week.

There are a lot of guys who swear by a cyclic ketogenic diet.

I have only mixed in carb days on weekend when I was cheating, and always found when I did that I came out of ketogenesis and it took several days to get back in. So the school of thought I have been following is cyclic ketogenic is not as effective as plain ketogenic, for fat loss.

I think cyclic ketogenic diet is more of a permanent lifestyle change, and the ketogenic diet is really for short term fat loss (i.e. over a period of months).

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I took a look at the anabolic diet on the strong lifts web page. That is a cyclic ketogenic diet where, after the first 12 days of keto diet, you eat carbs on the weekends and eat protein and fat the rest of the week.

There are a lot of guys who swear by a cyclic ketogenic diet.

I have never tried it, and found when I ate too many carbs on the weekend I came out of ketogenesis and it took several days to get back in. So the other school of thought is cyclic ketogenic is not as effective as plain ketogenic, for fat loss.

I think cyclic ketogenic diet is more of a permanent lifestyle change, where the ketogenic diet is really for short term fat loss (i.e. over a period of months).

If you're a drug user, look into metformin. Knocks you right back into ketosis. No more 3 days of feeling sluggish after a carb binge

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
When I was doing Carbohydrate Back Loading we were allowed to have full fat cheese. And Cottage Cheese, but that was the only dair.

Wood, what about oils ? Like Oilive, Coconut, Macadamia Nut ? What are your thoughts on those ? And Butter ?

You can eat plenty of oils and butter, anything fatty, on the ketogenic diet. Just be sure to measure if you're using a lot.

Sorry I didn't think to add those on the grocery list. That is because I always use olive oil to cook no matter what my diet is, so I wasn't thinking of it as a special ingredient. LOL.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
I love these but the one thing you have to watch out is amount of CALs. Its the best way to burn, people make mistakes thinking its an all you can eat buffet because there are no carbs.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Dude, I tried those links and they scared me because of all the downloading that went on before anything opened up. So I didn't go forward with them. Sorry. Maybe you can post some lists of the foods they recommend you eat?

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Dude, I tried those links and they scared me because of all the downloading that went on before anything opened up. So I didn't go forward with them. Sorry. Maybe you can post some lists of the foods they recommend you eat?

Hmmmm thats odd... They are hosted at mega so the only thing that should have downloaded were the files... But yeah ill post a huge list here off those lists.... Not sure how it will turn out so i may just add those pdf files as attachments here if it will allow me

Spongy

Spongy

Mar 18, 2012
just a bit of input. If going strictly keto, avoid almonds and some other nuts because they will actually keep you from going into ketosis.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic