Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Lower Inner Chest Exercises

C

chrome

Sep 14, 2010
I do close grips. Im still laggin in the Lower inner chest....what other exercises do you guys do?

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
I do close grips. Im still laggin in the Lower inner chest....what other exercises do you guys do?

I personally like to do decline flys, at the top of your fly rotate your hands inward and squeeze. it burns, i superset that with cable flys at the extreme lowest position. heavy weight. bring your arms upward and flex the entire way through...youll notice results and feel it the next day. theres my 2 cents

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
When you do flys at any angle, be sure to squeeze for a 2 count at the top. You'll feel the pain move to the inside of your chest.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Since the pectoral is a slab of muscle and not broken up into inner, outer, lower inner, upper outer, etc. I would just stick to using compounds as the main focus to hit chest.

T

TheIronWarrior

Since the pectoral is a slab of muscle and not broken up into inner, outer, lower inner, upper outer, etc. I would just stick to using compounds as the main focus to hit chest.

Me thinks you are RIGHT! Not to sure you can ISOLATE the "lower inner chest" per say.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

whew, i had never heard of the inner lower chest before! agree, bench baby, bench!

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I think I know what you are referring to Chrome. Do you have a flattened triangle at the bottom center of your chest between your pecs? This is due to the insertion point of your pectoral muscles. Some peoples pecs nearly overlap b/c of insertion points very close to the center line of the sternum, while others have spread pecs due to insertions further along the sterno-costal joint. There is nothing you can do to change this aspect, just continue to develop your chest and the flattened are will become less and less pronounced.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I personally like to do decline flys, at the top of your fly rotate your hands inward and squeeze. it burns, i superset that with cable flys at the extreme lowest position. heavy weight. bring your arms upward and flex the entire way through...youll notice results and feel it the next day. theres my 2 cents

flys are more for shapeing rather then building....dw

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Well, it's all about angles and like someone said it is hard to shape a muscle, however the pecs have a major (lower) and minor (upper) which you can focus on. Any benching movement will focus on the lower chest while minimizing upper involvement, but if you want to add a little more angle you could try decline benching or CB. crossovers.

BTW I am not a fan of dips due to the terrible impingement that put on your shoulder sockets.

Hawk

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Well, it's all about angles and like someone said it is hard to shape a muscle, however the pecs have a major (lower) and minor (upper) which you can focus on. Any benching movement will focus on the lower chest while minimizing upper involvement, but if you want to add a little more angle you could try decline benching or CB. crossovers.

BTW I am not a fan of dips due to the terrible impingement that put on your shoulder sockets.

Hawk
yeah i use to love some dips in my early years...wide grip/narrow grip/middle grip.....now if i was to do dips it would fuck my shoulders up and i surely wouldnt be able to bench...dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic