Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Basic steroid cycle for women

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I said "curious to hear YOUR thoughts on var vs winny." I don't need a "do your research' spiel, as I have done some research regarding women and AAS and am clearly asking a personal-to-you question as opinions differ and I haven't read yours. Secondly, she will be taking responsibility for herself but I am the one administering and/or "putting her on" the drug as I will be the one obtaining, measuring, and controlling the supply of said drug(s). We will examine progress together and make adjustments accordingly. Seems extraneous to have to explain semantics. Thanks anyways.

Shut up and do your research lOLOLOLOL!

Seriously though from my take have the woman try Var for a cycle and if she gets crazy sides at low doses you will not even want to think about the W
then, how ever she tolerates the Var well then try the W later at 2-5 mg ED and see how that goes.

I've had some girls do both , all seemed to love the Var and a few got a bit of water. Couple like the W but cranked the moods up like crazy on one! lol

Will say though you guys think about the W than get on the joint sups way ahead of time,

Last edited:
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I said "curious to hear YOUR thoughts on var vs winny." I don't need a "do your research' spiel, as I have done some research regarding women and AAS and am clearly asking a personal-to-you question as opinions differ and I haven't read yours. Secondly, she will be taking responsibility for herself but I am the one administering and/or "putting her on" the drug as I will be the one obtaining, measuring, and controlling the supply of said drug(s). We will examine progress together and make adjustments accordingly. Seems extraneous to have to explain semantics. Thanks anyways.

Which is why I said "no attack on you"... my point is that I'd rather see HER posting on here than you. And I'm speaking from a decade of watching guys do the work for said gf/wifey/whatever and then they break up and leave said gf/wifey/whatever halfway thru a cycle w/ no clue about how to stop or anything else because they let the Mr take care of things. So just saying, as I said, nothing pointed at you - but this is a public forum and people read and I'm trying to remind people (women) to do their own research.

As far as my thoughts - I don't have a lot because its pretty basic and you'll find that response pretty much everywhere you search. Start at 5 mg ED. better if you can split the dose in half AM & PM (as var has about a 9 hr half-life) for the first 2 weeks - 2 weeks is where you're going to see any sides if your stuff is shit / faked/ overdosed or if she has any off responses. Occasionally you hear about bloody noses and more frequently water retention. Most common sides are interruption of period, acne, oily skin, enlarged clitoris. I'd include acidophilus as any hormone manipulator can promote yeast infections.

Planning to use birth control while running this cycle?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Here's something I wrote a while ago:

Anavar (Oxandrolone)

Anavar is probably the most commonly used AAS by women, for physique competition or by women who "want to go to the next level". It might be used by figure competitors for off-season building with an appropriate diet, or during contest prep for cutting, preservation of muscle during a cutting diet, and improved recovery.

Anavar promotes lean muscle mass with minimal sides and occasional water retention. It is a oral steroid, though used in small enough doses that its impact on the liver is minimal for women. It is also attractive to women and beginners who are not interested in dealing with needles. The predictable and minimal sides are also attractive points to those not wanting to deal with the more individual and androgenic sides of most other AAS.

Anavar Profile: Anavar - Steroid.com

Typical Cycle

· Dose: 10 mg / day - split the dose 1/2 in the AM, 1/2 in the PM
· Duration: 10-14 weeks

· No need to taper down the dose or follow with post cycle therapy (PCT).
· It is generally suggested to start the cycle at 5 mg / day (splitting doses as above) for the first 10-14 days to identify any adverse reaction. After that time, you can increase to 10 mg / day.

· Suggested maximum dose is 20 mg / day (though more is not better - often 10 mg is sufficient). As the dose increases, sides may increase and results don't necessarily increase. Anecdotally, if the cycler is interested in going to doses above 20 mg, the sides can begin to accumulate and the impact on your liver becomes more of a consideration. Based on this and the cost (anavar is typically one of the more expensive compounds), if you are looking for more aggressive results, this is the point where people will move to a more aggressive, cheaper, injectable compound.

Typical Sides

· interrupted period / flow - may take a few months for the flow to come back as normal. Note this does NOT mean you won’t get pregnant.
· you may still experience usual menstrual sides (cramps, bloating, etc.) on your regular menstrual schedule
· mild acne
· Clitoral enlargement and increased sensitivity
· oily hair
· some experience water retention (though not due to aromatization)
· may cause vaginosis / yeast infection (most any AAS has this potential)
· occasionally people experience nose bleeds

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
Same here......and I think I will just say "My girl had my nuts cut" so that I don't offend ATW or any other woman.......they seem to be very particular in how we speak. :D

If a man speaks and there are no women around to hear it, is he still wrong? lol

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
[QUOTE.=sassy69;61969]Hmmmm.... deep thought....[/QUOTE]I was going to comment on it...but then realized it would prove his point...

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
[QUOTE.=sassy69;61969]Hmmmm.... deep thought....
I was going to comment on it...but then realized it would prove his point...[/QUOTE]

The forum is configured to not accept posts that are too short, so "LOLZ" wasn't accepted and I had to put something longer.... LOLZ

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Shut up and do your research lOLOLOLOL!

Seriously though from my take have the woman try Var for a cycle and if she gets crazy sides at low doses you will not even want to think about the W
then, how ever she tolerates the Var well then try the W later at 2-5 mg ED and see how that goes.

I've had some girls do both , all seemed to love the Var and a few got a bit of water. Couple like the W but cranked the moods up like crazy on one! lol

Will say though you guys think about the W than get on the joint sups way ahead of time,

LOL, someone wants to hop aboard the PAIN TRAIN!! (Thanks for the info :) )

Which is why I said "no attack on you"... my point is that I'd rather see HER posting on here than you. And I'm speaking from a decade of watching guys do the work for said gf/wifey/whatever and then they break up and leave said gf/wifey/whatever halfway thru a cycle w/ no clue about how to stop or anything else because they let the Mr take care of things. So just saying, as I said, nothing pointed at you - but this is a public forum and people read and I'm trying to remind people (women) to do their own research.

As far as my thoughts - I don't have a lot because its pretty basic and you'll find that response pretty much everywhere you search. Start at 5 mg ED. better if you can split the dose in half AM & PM (as var has about a 9 hr half-life) for the first 2 weeks - 2 weeks is where you're going to see any sides if your stuff is shit / faked/ overdosed or if she has any off responses. Occasionally you hear about bloody noses and more frequently water retention. Most common sides are interruption of period, acne, oily skin, enlarged clitoris. I'd include acidophilus as any hormone manipulator can promote yeast infections.

Planning to use birth control while running this cycle?

Understood, however she'll never be subjected to this board haha. I think you missed a key aspect of my original post. See below.

Curious to hear your thoughts on var vs winny. My lady is interested in doing something after the delivery. I always assumed I'd put her on 5mg var/day.

Thank you for the info and your insight. The acidophilus is an excellent idea. I'll run this by her and tell her to go search around and do her research. I just wanted to give her a starting point, you know?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Google: anavar, women.

If she has questions, please feel free to PM.

C

Cocktails

Mar 21, 2013
She may not need birth control at all. Usually diet and gear will fully stop womens natural cycles. haven't had a period in over 5 years.

B

bull.dogz

Jul 25, 2013
How long would Var stay in your system if you were to cycle off (using 10mg a day)?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
How long would Var stay in your system if you were to cycle off (using 10mg a day)?

Some good details to know about any steroid are the half-life and detection time. You can google these or find them on whatever steroid profile you are interested in. Half -life is how long it takes a dose of whatever steroid to reduce in half. E.g Anavar is ~9 hrs. Ideally you'd split a dose like 10 mg / day into 2 x 5mg / day, about every 12 hours. Its not 9 hours, but its a near approximation. The point being to keep the dosing relatively even over the duration of your cycle. Dosing once / day leaves most of that single dose attenuated by the time of the next day's dose - so your body sees it as a constant spike / deplete / spike / deplete cycle, which promotes more sides. "More" is always a relative term, but the point is 2x/ day for var is more optimal than 1x/day. For the amounts women normally use, this is "less" (again "less" is relative) of an issue, but still is not ideal.

The detection time is the time from the last dose to the time the compound is no longer detectable in the body. Of course "detection" is going to be dependent upon how accurate the testing method is - so these are still probably debatable terms or guesses. For var the detection time is ~3 weeks. That means in 3 weeks, the compound should no longer be detectable in your system. For sides that people normally experience on a cycle, the attenuation time will probably feel like some period of time shorter than that.

If someone is trying to work around a steroid test for something (which I don't recommend - its cheating if you're going to be tested for it - to me, that's more of a personal integrity and sportsmanship thing), then they might be banking on that published detection time. How accurate these are, who knows.

For women especially, this becomes a bigger issue not so much in how long a compound is technically out of your system but rather the fact that sides are cumulative over time w/ repeated cycles, frequency of cycles and time between cycles. It doesn't become immediately obvious, but over time, some sides will take much, much longer to clear. And it could even be debatable if it ever "goes away" 100% at some point in time later. I've never seen any studies on it so it is probably fair to say that you need to be aware of that effect months or years later.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic