Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Shogun - Jones

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm going with Shogun. He's very underrated for all that he's accomplished and all of his technical abilities. A healthy Shogun can touch and destroy any man in front of him, point blank. Randleman was supposed to use his wrestling to outclass shogun as well, and Shogun just went home with his leg.

And Brock doesn't only lay on opponents. He happens to have a very well developed game from the top half guard.

Shogun used to be underrated in even the most hardcore fan's eyes, mostly because he made his rise in MMA in Pride over in Japan. And while the layman fan may still underestimate his considerable skill, hardcore fans and especially those who train/fight, do not. He has my immense respect and I do believe that he is a better technician than Jones, and can also be more brutally aggressive and devastating than Jones. Having said that, I just have a feeling that Jones' size, speed, and athleticism are going to be hard for Shogun to overcome. By the way, Jones is a much better wrestler than Randleman in my opinion. I was a tall wrestler at every weight I wrestled, and for some reason (mostly leverage), I was almost always stronger than the heavily muscled shorter guys. Jones is stupid strong, and Shogun is stupid skilled. Can't wait. 20 hours.......

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shogun used to be underrated in even the most hardcore fan's eyes, mostly because he made his rise in MMA in Pride over in Japan. And while the layman fan may still underestimate his considerable skill, hardcore fans and especially those who train/fight, do not. He has my immense respect and I do believe that he is a better technician than Jones, and can also be more brutally aggressive and devastating than Jones. Having said that, I just have a feeling that Jones' size, speed, and athleticism are going to be hard for Shogun to overcome. By the way, Jones is a much better wrestler than Randleman in my opinion. I was a tall wrestler at every weight I wrestled, and for some reason (mostly leverage), I was almost always stronger than the heavily muscled shorter guys. Jones is stupid strong, and Shogun is stupid skilled. Can't wait. 20 hours.......
Nicely put SAD!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I'm leaning towards Shogun, not to take anything away from jones.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Wow, its about 15 minutes after Jones absolutely destroyed Shogun, and even though I was the only one who took Jones to win, I did not see it being so one-sided. True to the type of humble champion that he is, Shogun said after the fight that Jones was just better. It wasn't a great fight in the sense that it went back and forth and was a brutal battle, but it was exciting because of the talent showcased by Jones and the anticipation for his future career.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I didn't realize how much taller Jones was, and his reach advantage was ridisulous. Kid brought it and beat the hell out of a really tough guy!

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
I would like to see Bone jones vs Anderson silva...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I would like to see Bone jones vs Anderson silva...

Not sure if Jones has enough meat to cut down to that weight and we know Silva won't move up.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Actually, Silva has moved up to the 205 division twice in the ufc, destroying James "sandman" Irving and embarrassing Forest Griffin. People were calling for a superfight between him and Lyota Machida, but Silva said he would not fight Machida because they are training partners.

So now that Jones is the champ, I really hope the ufc can make it happen. It is more likely to see a superfight between Jones and Silva than it is to see one between GSP and Silva.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
^^^^^Thats what im talking about. Silva has been destroying his 205 competition. Also the GSP/silva fight isint going to happen and if it did IMO silva would hand it to GSP. That would be like putting GSP in the 205 division, he is just to small. I could for sure seeing a jones/silva fight, but there would be a lot of angry 205's that have been waiting for a title shot.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Agreed, but we both know that Dana White has been playing favorites for a couple years now (brock lesnar much?) and doing whatever it takes to bring in the big bucks, even if it means fucking over a bunch of fighters. So if Jones and Silva agree to it, I think we could see it as soon as the end of 2011, that is, assuming they are both still champs of their respective divisions then.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I am gonna have to say I told u so. Jones is a great fighter even though I don't follow him all his fights I have seen were pretty one sided.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic