Members
Latest Member
pbtom

TOP 10 Biggest squats of all time

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
respect the amount of weight but i only saw one legal squat but some i couldnt see the depth.
This is a major reason PLing will never be a hit on TV, you cant see the lifter with all the people and equipment needed to lift those kind of weights.

with technology these days, if a major audio-visual company says they would sponsor a federation and place their cameras at certain points on the mono or above all 3 judges chairs or something, it would gain popularity I would think but until then, you're right.....and I don't think that would ever happen

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Some legends on there...... I agree that sometimes a meet director can get too excited to see a record fall at his meet so judging gets looser.... but no matter how crappy it looks in a video I'll never judge depth from a video. I made a video a few months ago that I put on my facebook of me doing some reps to a box that was a good 3" below parallel and had the camera person walk around me as I lifted changing the angle of the camera. It was insane how different it made the lifts look even though they were all buried. Combine that with a SHW lifter's 31"+ quad and it gets really hard to tell where the hip is.

I was there for Henry Thomason and Yarmbash's monster squats and saw them from the side. Thomason's were legit, Yarmbash was close, but a tie should go to the runner and I'd never argue 1/4" inch.

Great video and good post.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Some legends on there...... I agree that sometimes a meet director can get too excited to see a record fall at his meet so judging gets looser.... but no matter how crappy it looks in a video I'll never judge depth from a video. I made a video a few months ago that I put on my facebook of me doing some reps to a box that was a good 3" below parallel and had the camera person walk around me as I lifted changing the angle of the camera. It was insane how different it made the lifts look even though they were all buried. Combine that with a SHW lifter's 31"+ quad and it gets really hard to tell where the hip is.

I was there for Henry Thomason and Yarmbash's monster squats and saw them from the side. Thomason's were legit, Yarmbash was close, but a tie should go to the runner and I'd never argue 1/4" inch.

Great video and good post.

I was thinking that PLK might have been in one of these vids.....ya know there's a bunch of us waiting to see you under 1k one of these days!

Valid points on camera angles and especially if a WR is in question.....tough spot for a judge to be in....you're right, tie goes to the runner....good analogy.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
respect the amount of weight but i only saw one legal squat but some i couldnt see the depth.
This is a major reason PLing will never be a hit on TV, you cant see the lifter with all the people and equipment needed to lift those kind of weights.
They did try that a while back, Sean Katterle got a series up and running called 'Bench America' but I it folded fairly quickly. He has said that the general public just didn't get the concept, they also struggled to make it exciting enough to hold peoples' attention.

Ratings weren't that good for it, and as a result they never managed to get the full power meets into production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Craziness.....

I think we need a "Biggest Squats of The Iron Den" thread. :)

I'll start squatting again for that.

Can we have a biggest bench presses of the den thread?

And then the biggest deadlifts?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Let's get the ladies involved. I think tenacious a can out squat me

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Love these ideas.

Goaway and I are both on the shelf at the moment but we have our little contest going.....could be fun to get something site-wide

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I wouldn't be in the running but definately could be a good motivator for a lot of guys on here.

If anything comes of it I'm happy to put up some prizes for the winner of each category, I'll post them out at my expense.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Start it..... I'm running Sheiko right now but I'll contribute a video to it

That would be cool ~ and you would be in there for sure Flex.

I'll start squatting again for that.

Let's get the ladies involved. I think tenacious a can out squat me

That's a great idea.

OK; what section of the forum would be best?

I can start the thread.

Going for a 525 squat on Tuesday. And Mrs. Flex is starting lifting again, so I just might get it (always try harder when she's watching. <3)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic