Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Whats the stupidest thing you have seen at your gym

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
I saw a guy tonight huffing and puffing getting mentaly ready for a set. I mean this guy was slapping his biceps and all that. Anyways he approaches the rack of weights and straps in to a 35lbs pair of dumb bells and then does a set of 10 curls. the funniest thing is that he grunted so loud the whole time that the whole gym was watching. I mean why are you going to use wrist straps on curls?

Any other stupid stories

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
well thats bad. i see that alot at my gym. i grab the 65lbs DB and stand right beside them and curl and smile at them. no sound just smile.
but the best of the worst.
i work out with my girl ed and she is pretty strong. mind you she cycles also. now we have a lot of punk kids that come in with these mohawks (must be the in thing now) and they all act big and bad.
they get in to the bench press and put a 25 plate a side and squeel as the push it and the breathing is load then the grunt.
even my girl pushes 45 a side and dont make no noise.
so dumbest thing i have seen is that. kids wanting to be big and bad.

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Your girl's name is Ed? ;)

Mine was also strap related. There is a dude, maybe 40+, uses wrist straps on everything, Bench, curls, rope pressdowns...well come to think of it, those are the only exercises he does.

I don't see too much stupid, but I see a lot of inexperience.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
All of that stuff is good, but come to my gym and you'll see "The Boxer"...lol Saw this guy yesterday at the gym, probably the worst fit guy in the world, walks around like he's the baddest person in there, like he's in fighting mode, Sits down on the machine does 10 reps, then jumps up, gets into a fighting stance and acts like Rocky for a min between sets punching and blocking...lol ..... After every exercise too.

Reactions: HGH

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
All of that stuff is good, but come to my gym and you'll see "The Boxer"...lol Saw this guy yesterday at the gym, probably the worst fit guy in the world, walks around like he's the baddest person in there, like he's in fighting mode, Sits down on the machine does 10 reps, then jumps up, gets into a fighting stance and acts like Rocky for a min between sets punching and blocking...lol ..... After every exercise too.

Every gym has one of those, my gym had about 3....this MMA guy has been coming in beating the shit out of one of those punching stands, and hes pretty bad ass with it,, can rock that thing, so all the wannabe tools piped there shit down.

I have been training 20+ yrs and seen some real dumb shit that has pissed me off, had plenty of dumb shit said and done to me. Plenty of medium sized fellows wanting to challenge me (and losing badly).

I guess my thing is more irritating than stupid, but when I do leg press I can load up the machine pretty nice, I usually get a 45 lb bar and lay it across the machine loaded and add 6 more 45's to each side and 150lb dumbells on top of those.

I just find it beyond not having common sense to not walk up to someone pushing that kinda weight and ask 'how much weight is that?' I have told people 'go away' literally, I also have had on 3 separate occasions people walk up as I was sitting in the machine getting ready to do a set and pull a plate off the side for themselves, I have yelled at people who do this to put the fucking plate back its not a weight tree.

I go to the gym and dont really talk to people much, but it never ceases to amaze me how I am forced into being a even bigger asshole than I allready am with people for not using a modicum of common sense or courtesy.

Last edited by a moderator:
cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010

forgot about that dude. we have one also. and he has a mohawk to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
LOL...double doosh....LMAO

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Every gym has one of those, my gym had about 3....this MMA guy has been coming in beating the shit out of one of those punching stands, and hes pretty bad ass with it,, can rock that thing, so all the wannabe tools piped there shit down.

I have been training 20+ yrs and seen some real dumb shit that has pissed me off, had plenty of dumb shit said and done to me. Plenty of medium sized fellows wanting to challenge me (and losing badly).

I guess my thing is more irritating than stupid, but when I do leg press I can load up the machine pretty nice, I usually get a 45 lb bar and lay it across the machine loaded and add 6 more 45's to each side and 150lb dumbells on top of those.

I just find it beyond not having common sense to not walk up to someone pushing that kinda weight and ask 'how much weight is that?' I have told people 'go away' literally, I also have had on 3 separate occasions people walk up as I was sitting in the machine getting ready to do a set and pull a plate off the side for themselves, I have yelled at people who do this to put the fucking plate back its not a weight tree.

I go to the gym and dont really talk to people much, but it never ceases to amaze me how I am forced into being a even bigger asshole than I allready am with people for not using a modicum of common sense or courtesy.

Why is it that "battles" seem to happen on the leg press more than anywhere? Even more than flat bench! I can load up 9 45s a side and do plenty of reps but I usually run a couple warm up sets with only 3 or 4 45s per side just to get my knees and back in the rhythm (Nothing worse than a knee or back injury IMO). I get doushes come up all the time when Im' warming up asking to work in. They'll say things like "well, we're gonna have to load more weight on here, can you handle it bro?" I always play dumb and say "we'll see man, I'll just try to keep up with you." They'll get up to like 6 plates per side and bust out 5-8 reps and hop of the machine like a badass "Jersey Shore" kid. Then I'll ask if they're done and load 3-5 more plates per side and bust out 10-12 reps. By the time I'm done I can see other people in the gym snickering from afar and the kid is usually just walking toward the treadmill at that point.

My philosophy is, if you're not a doushebag, stuff like that won't happen to you. I don't mind people working in, but don't act like the strongest guy in the gym unless you are, haha

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Why is it that "battles" seem to happen on the leg press more than anywhere? Even more than flat bench! I can load up 9 45s a side and do plenty of reps but I usually run a couple warm up sets with only 3 or 4 45s per side just to get my knees and back in the rhythm (Nothing worse than a knee or back injury IMO). I get doushes come up all the time when Im' warming up asking to work in. They'll say things like "well, we're gonna have to load more weight on here, can you handle it bro?" I always play dumb and say "we'll see man, I'll just try to keep up with you." They'll get up to like 6 plates per side and bust out 5-8 reps and hop of the machine like a badass "Jersey Shore" kid. Then I'll ask if they're done and load 3-5 more plates per side and bust out 10-12 reps. By the time I'm done I can see other people in the gym snickering from afar and the kid is usually just walking toward the treadmill at that point.

My philosophy is, if you're not a doushebag, stuff like that won't happen to you. I don't mind people working in, but don't act like the strongest guy in the gym unless you are, haha

Classic!
My bro had a similar situation- but he was allready at the max plates per side, the guy asked if he could work in...my friend thinking the guy wouldnt be asking if he couldnt do the weight obliged him...well this doosh takes off all but one plate per side, dumps them on the floor, does one weak ass set of 10 and hops up, looks at my bud, and says 'Thanks!' and walks off, leaving him there to put 18 fuckin plates back on the machine w/ no help and continue his workout.
Some fucking people are just carriers of the stoopid chromosome.

T

Triax

Sep 23, 2010
Classic!
My bro had a similar situation- but he was allready at the max plates per side, the guy asked if he could work in...my friend thinking the guy wouldnt be asking if he couldnt do the weight obliged him...well this doosh takes off all but one plate per side, dumps them on the floor, does one weak ass set of 10 and hops up, looks at my bud, and says 'Thanks!' and walks off, leaving him there to put 18 fuckin plates back on the machine w/ no help and continue his workout.
Some fucking people are just carriers of the stoopid chromosome.

Your dude has a lot longer fuse than I.I would have gone tren rage on his ass.I would had to of thrown out at least one "are u fucking kidding me? Fucking douchebags".I usually look really pissed off when I work out and always wear my Ipod.So if I can tell they are a douchebag and are standing over me staring I always glare and in a deep, loud voice say "Can I help you".lol.but my bro's are always welcome to work in no problem.All they gotta do is point and they are working in.They know the deal.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Your dude has a lot shorter fuse than I.I would have gone tren rage on his ass.I would had to of thrown out at least one "are u fucking kidding me? Fucking douchebags".I usually look really pissed off when I work out and always wear my Ipod.So if I can tell they are a douchebag and are standing over me staring I always glare and in a deep, loud voice say "Can I help you".lol.but my bro's are always welcome to work in no problem.All they gotta do is point and they are working in.They know the deal.

Had one of those episodes the other day, I was doing arms and this tool who was struggling to do 1/2 reps with 185 on squats wearing his underarmour shit so skin tight you could see the wrinkles on his gut, glares at me and has to have this 'stare down' moment with me, I looked at him and said 'your fucking joking right?' he looked away and I responded 'damn this gym has a new doosh everyday' then I kept muttering 'fucking toolbags all up in my way' couple of my hardcore buddies were laughing at me (they've seen that before).
You know, I hate getting like that, but I have this thing, if you train hard and serious then I think the noob tools who come to the gym have as much right to the gym as anyone else, but if you are one of those people and you wanna step to someone who is clearly busting his ass and minding his own business then you get whats coming to you, its a unwritten rule (or it used to be) to leave people the fuck alone when they are busting it out like that, hardcore lifters are easy to spot in comparison to the everyday gym member who flails about for a couple months only to leave when he has gotten rejected by every woman in the gym, Im using my time and someone who comes in and wastes theirs but hates on people who are committed to it are just needing to get taught a quick lesson with some rude ass words...like someone said above, its the same as these kids who come in thinking they are tough.
The iron sorts em out quick.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic