Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Ibuprofen

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I didnt know what place to stick this information so i'll leave that up to staff to move it or leave it be here....A drill on IBUPROFEN

Advil -For most of what ails you.Use advil Nuprin and all other ibuprofen based drugs for muscle aches and in the lower extremities and unexplained kinds od aches and pains.In the 800mgs dose u can even tackel inflammation pain after surgery.Keep in mind that taking 800mgs isnt advisable for simple aches and pains...U can read the warning labels that ibuprofen will KILL THE LIVER ...more then any steroid can ever destroy....

Aleve-One of the best on the market.An intitial dose of 2 and follow ups with 1 every 4 hours is a good doseing plan if you need quick relief and a total masking of pain.Also,many women report it works exceptionally great for cramps.Thats probably because protalandin activity is high when cramps are persent.

Aspirin-The old standby ,aspirin is the oldest anti inflammatory on the market.It can definitely cause gastric distress and ulcers,and thins the blood,but is oftentimes the only choice for a headache.Low does of aspirin are recommended to those pre-disposed to heart attack and stroke,another example of how ongoing dosing,in small amounts to positive results.

Orudis-This is great for shoulder and knee joint pain.Ive recommended orudis for shoulder tears,long before it was an over the counter drug,and found it to be effive for pain and soreness.

Tylenol-Tylenol isnt an NSAID,but i wanted to inclue it because alot of people dont know that isnt an ASIAD and can be taken alongside and with ASIAD'S.Sometimes ,taking tylenol for fever and an ASAID for aches and pains is a great combination.Since NSAID'S and acetaminophen work differently,the two medication are safe to be taken at the same time.You'll see a good example of this in Excedrin,which includesasprin,acetomenophen and caffeine as its primary ingredients.

copy write steroid 101.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I been using Aleve for a while to help control my migraine attacks as most of the migraine prescription meds made me either dopey or irritable. One of them caused a bad reaction as well, so I now stuck to my old reliables

Nice writeup, deadweight!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I been using Aleve for a while to help control my migraine attacks as most of the migraine prescription meds made me either dopey or irritable. One of them caused a bad reaction as well, so I now stuck to my old reliables

Nice writeup, deadweight!

thanks my bortha....!dw

doug

doug

Nov 1, 2010
Excellent info dw. I was in a pretty bad car accident and I was using 500mg Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) that was prescribed to me for a few months while I recovered.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I stopped taking Aleve, wasn't doing as much as it used to so I went back to Ibuprofen and it is working wonders for my back

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
I used to run alot of nsaids because of being sore from workouts - but after reading how fast daily use can puke out your organs I quit and just use a good muscle rub when needed - if your sore all of them time the most likely problem is that your overtraining

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Never read this post. Thanks bro great info . One of my old sales people had back issues and took 800 Motrin all the time. Ended up losing his kidneys over it.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Usually 600mg of OTC ibuprofen works pretty well for me. (3 tablets)

that seems to help my back the most. And also any small aches.

I also have aleeve on hand. I have never tried 2 , then 1 every 4 hours.

I usually do 1 or two for the day. Relief has been minimal.

Tylenol works ok.

Ibuprofen works the best for me, BUT.... If I use it too many days in a row, it really makes my stomach hurt

I asked the dr for a little stronger medicine in case I get into real bad pain, and he gave me some samples of Celebrex.

I am trying to hold out on them until the shot in my back wears off.

I really don't like taking anything, but sometimes the pain can get pretty bad and i get really stiff. Depending on weather, and activity levels.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I didnt know what place to stick this information so i'll leave that up to staff to move it or leave it be here....A drill on IBUPROFEN

Advil -For most of what ails you.Use advil Nuprin and all other ibuprofen based drugs for muscle aches and in the lower extremities and unexplained kinds od aches and pains.In the 800mgs dose u can even tackel inflammation pain after surgery.Keep in mind that taking 800mgs isnt advisable for simple aches and pains...U can read the warning labels that ibuprofen will KILL THE LIVER ...more then any steroid can ever destroy....

Aleve-One of the best on the market.An intitial dose of 2 and follow ups with 1 every 4 hours is a good doseing plan if you need quick relief and a total masking of pain.Also,many women report it works exceptionally great for cramps.Thats probably because protalandin activity is high when cramps are persent.

Aspirin-The old standby ,aspirin is the oldest anti inflammatory on the market.It can definitely cause gastric distress and ulcers,and thins the blood,but is oftentimes the only choice for a headache.Low does of aspirin are recommended to those pre-disposed to heart attack and stroke,another example of how ongoing dosing,in small amounts to positive results.

Orudis-This is great for shoulder and knee joint pain.Ive recommended orudis for shoulder tears,long before it was an over the counter drug,and found it to be effive for pain and soreness.

Tylenol-Tylenol isnt an NSAID,but i wanted to inclue it because alot of people dont know that isnt an ASIAD and can be taken alongside and with ASIAD'S.Sometimes ,taking tylenol for fever and an ASAID for aches and pains is a great combination.Since NSAID'S and acetaminophen work differently,the two medication are safe to be taken at the same time.You'll see a good example of this in Excedrin,which includesasprin,acetomenophen and caffeine as its primary ingredients.

copy write steroid 101.

Wait!
I always thought all NSAIDS, including ibuprophen, are metabolized in the stomach, NOT the liver. Tylenol is metabolized in the liver, not the stomach, which is why you can stack nsaids with Acetominophen without issue. Most of the warning labels i see with NSAIDS, including ibuprophen, indicate a risk of stomach bleeeding and ulcers, with very little mention about liver problems.

Correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks
---Roman

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wait!
I always thought all NSAIDS, including ibuprophen, are metabolized in the stomach, NOT the liver. Tylenol is metabolized in the liver, not the stomach, which is why you can stack nsaids with Acetominophen without issue. Most of the warning labels i see with NSAIDS, including ibuprophen, indicate a risk of stomach bleeeding and ulcers, with very little mention about liver problems.

Correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks
---Roman

This is correct sir. NSAIDS can cause stomach pain and stomach ulsers. Tylenol is processed through the liver.

This is why its recommended to cycle between ibuprofen and tylenol.

ibufprofen.....2-4 hours later, tylenol....2-4 hours later ibuprofen....2-4 hours later tylenol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic