Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

carb backloading

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Anyone ever try carb backloading where as you eat protien and fats all day up to your training session and then load up with carbs afterwards. Seems like carb backloading has some benefits.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Never tried carb backloading, seems like training would be hard under a ketosis like state, but the pwo re-carb would be super efficient I would imagine.

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
there is a website called dangerouslyhardcore checkit out it explains it but i still have questions

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I tried it and it sucked... The workouts were lousy. So depleted and then to try and put energy into lifting??? It was awful. Couldn't even get a damn pump.

However; After the workout I'd have a shake with dextrose and you could damn near feel like a "carb surge" or something. In a few minutes you'd kind of snap back to life a little. Then go pig out on pasta and you'd be back to normal again. I did it for about a week and a half and got bored with being so tired.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The first few weeks suck until you get used to running on fat.

It's high protein/fat/greens with the only carbs coming as simple, fast carbs right after a workout.

It's not a bodybuilder diet, but it works great for a strength athlete. In 3 months I dropped 4" from my waist, my squat has gone up, and I don't gas out of workouts as bad.

Huge fan of backloading. I'm losing fat and eating pies ( plural, as in more than one)

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
i agree, i am on it now and i dont know why someone said they were out of gas and tired, i've got a ton of energy. now i do it a little different and most likely getting to many carbs.

i lift in the morning so i eat a banana, some carrots and 3 servings of a shake after i lift in the morning, then go 12 hours without carbs, eat dinner then have some simple adn complex carbs-about 150-200g total.

The first few weeks suck until you get used to running on fat.

It's high protein/fat/greens with the only carbs coming as simple, fast carbs right after a workout.

It's not a bodybuilder diet, but it works great for a strength athlete. In 3 months I dropped 4" from my waist, my squat has gone up, and I don't gas out of workouts as bad.

Huge fan of backloading. I'm losing fat and eating pies ( plural, as in more than one)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
i agree, i am on it now and i dont know why someone said they were out of gas and tired, i've got a ton of energy. now i do it a little different and most likely getting to many carbs.

i lift in the morning so i eat a banana, some carrots and 3 servings of a shake after i lift in the morning, then go 12 hours without carbs, eat dinner then have some simple adn complex carbs-about 150-200g total.

That was me saying I was tired.

I lift in the late afternoon-evening so I go all day without carbs. Maybe I was doing it wrong who knows. I think most likely I wasn't on it long enough. I've done cyclical keto diets with a carb up on the weekend and after a week feel good. Still don't have as much power as I did before but who knows maybe its in my head. Been thinking about trying this again lately. Only piece I'm not sure of is the ratios or fat and protein and how much carbs I should have post workout...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic