Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Intermittent fasting...your thoughts?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Maybe I'm missing sonething? When you fast or starve yourself your body is going to rob your muscles if amino acids first. Not fat loss and then when you return to eating your body is going to store more fat because it goes into survival mode. I don't know. Sounds crazy to me. I'm old school and believe in eating and not taking food away from the body.

Lol... your body does not go into starvation mode with Intermittent Fasting anymore than it does during the 8 hours that you are sleeping.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Lol... your body does not go into starvation mode with Intermittent Fasting anymore than it does during the 8 hours that you are sleeping.

Maybe not. This is just not appealing to me in the slightest. Sounds like more and more people try really hard to complicate things and its all pretty easy to cut or bulk.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Maybe not. This is just not appealing to me in the slightest. Sounds like more and more people try really hard to complicate things and its all pretty easy to cut or bulk.

I think that it is an effective means of cutting. Any true cut is PAINFUL no matter what approach you use. If someone is on a perpetual bulk, then it really makes no sense.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Intermittent fasting...thoughts?

I think that it is an effective means of cutting. Any true cut is PAINFUL no matter what approach you use. If someone is on a perpetual bulk, then it really makes no sense.

Any idea how a successful transition back to normal every 2-3 hour eating would happen?

Wondering if there would be a crazy rebound, akin to Atkins dieters, once resuming the traditional bodybuilders' eating patterns of 6-7 meals daily...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Any idea how a successful transition back to normal every 2-3 hour eating would happen?

Wondering if there would be a crazy rebound, akin to Atkins dieters, once resuming the traditional bodybuilders' eating patterns of 6-7 meals daily...
I don't think that there would be any spike as long as you kept cals the same. If you want to increase cals just ramp them up slowly, which I would recommend no matter what kind of cut you were on.

O

october07891

Feb 19, 2013
im finding it works a treat. lost 3 stone in 9 months, couldnt loose anymore on that diet. now lost another half stone in a month because of IF

B

Bert

Apr 24, 2013
I bet you are keto on the eating plan plan. You could get pieces to analyze your urine. This is a challenging one. When you say "shake" what is it exactly? And the PB... are you sure only 1 tbs at a time? I always usually binge on the PB....

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I bet you are keto on the eating plan plan. You could get pieces to analyze your urine. This is a challenging one. When you say "shake" what is it exactly? And the PB... are you sure only 1 tbs at a time? I always usually binge on the PB....

Bert. These are my words verbatim from another post. For some very strange reason you keep posting this sentence in places where it doesn't even make sense. Just stop cause your pissing me off, and I'm not the right person to piss off.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Long old thread, but I'll jump in. I started just under two weeks ago. 9 to 5 are eating hours, then 5-9 fast. On weekends, I limit my eating to 4-5 hours depending on what my family is doing so that I can be 1/2 normal. The first week I was actually up a lb or two. This week I am down 3 from starting weight. I am not a bodybuilder or power lifter, I would describe myself more as someone who requires strength and general fitness to stay alive. My strength has not suffered so far, but time will tell.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have been doing IF for two years now. Best thing I ever did. Made eating so much easier and kick myself for doing the 2-3 hour meal times for so long and stressing out over something that I shouldn't have ben stressed about.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I have been doing IF for two years now. Best thing I ever did. Made eating so much easier and kick myself for doing the 2-3 hour meal times for so long and stressing out over something that I shouldn't have ben stressed about.

I was thinking about trying if again.

I was thinking about not eating until around 11 AM then eating 3-4 meals for the day.

What are your thoughts on strength being effected by if ?

Strength is my first goal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic