What's New?

Intermittent fasting...your thoughts?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Intermittent fasting...thoughts?

u do close stance deads/squats ??

I pull sumo and squat very very wide. My Quads still grow quite a lot. If you're squatting properly quad activation doesn't change based on width of stance. Louis Simmons says he was involved in University research that would back that statement up. I haven't seen it though.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I pull sumo and squat very very wide. My Quads still grow quite a lot. If you're squatting properly quad activation doesn't change based on width of stance. Louis Simmons says he was involved in University research that would back that statement up. I haven't seen it though.

I just ask because your VL is so much more domainit then your VMO. Maybe its the way your standing

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Lol, most pro's eat fast food and shit; dont let their vids trick ya.

Once people realize enough drugs (especially pro amounts)can let you eat whatever, there'll be less headache

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
They taste better to me... I actually eat instant oats these days though lol... I'm just a big ball of confusion :p

I'd add though that these thoughts on the glycemic index are relatively new to me. I tried living by them because thats what the smart people told me to do. Doesn't seem to make a difference to me.

It doesn't make a difference lol

Only calories and drugs matter..

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Lol, most pro's eat fast food and shit; dont let their vids trick ya.

Once people realize enough drugs (especially pro amounts)can let you eat whatever, there'll be less headache

And this statement comes from your extensive steroid usage and pro bodybuilding background?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
And this statement comes from your extensive steroid usage and pro bodybuilding background?

He's experimenting a bit right now... Running cycle two of 900 test and I think 500 tren. Hasn't figured out that "pro's" are using slin and GH to get bigger. Hope he never gets it cause he'll probably kill himself with the slin.

If and when he gets some bloodwork done he'll realize why you can't just think that pro's are pro's because of gear and running cycles like theirs is a bad idea. Cause he won't listen to me.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
He's experimenting a bit right now... Running cycle two of 900 test and I think 500 tren. Hasn't figured out that "pro's" are using slin and GH to get bigger. Hope he never gets it cause he'll probably kill himself with the slin.

If and when he gets some bloodwork done he'll realize why you can't just think that pro's are pro's because of gear and running cycles like theirs is a bad idea. Cause he won't listen to me.

Lol I already know this, what seperates pro's from everyone is their body's ability to handle all that shit-

Pro's are far from healthy; the amount of compounds, mg's, gh, slin and other shit allows them to eat whatever and train however.

Slin and gh is what turns you into a freak like current pro's

Upper tier bbing isn't for longevity with all the tren, test, eq, slin, and gh they run lol

Last edited:
S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
did not read everything on here. but fuck fasting i love to eat

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
I was ready to try IF then I listened to a podcast with Dr. Layne Norton and Dr. Jake Wilson two smart fukkers (google their names to find the website of the radio show). Layne talked about how he had a presentation on Protein at one of the Universities and the IF people were not pleased by it at all!!

I would list some of the stuff he said but there's no way I could do it justice so just listen to the podcast. I would list the time he starts talking about IF but the whole podcast it's only like 46 minutes or so, plus talks about the whole protein synthesis in laymen terms that even the dumbest of the dumb could understand so the whole show is worth listening to. They (Layne/Jake) never bad mouthed IF and even said that it's not bad, just not a good long term way to eat for bodybuilding purposes.

I'll put the link down and sorry mods if this is a no-no so you guys/gals can take it down if you don't think it should be here:
http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-...7497-muscle-college-2-12-13.html#.UR395PLfLTp

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
I have been doing quite a bit of reading on fasting as of late. It seems to be the only real way our bodies can remove old and damaged cells. I think the thought is this: From early man up until just until recent man, it was not common for humans to eat three, planned square meals a day. That sometimes they could go 1-3 days without eating much if they weren't able to procure dinner. And that not only is ketosis a natural human state but it also helped to remove cells. I believe there has been a few studies that show fasting helps increase the effectiveness of cancer treatment by helping to remove those cells weakened or killed during treatment.

Here are a few great articles from one of my favorite Paleo website:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/sear...of=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=fasting&sa.x=28&sa.y=9

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Fasting is not a word in my vocabulary. I eat when I'm hungry and that's often. In no way would I want to fast or starve myself weather I'm a bodybuilder or not. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Maybe I'm missing sonething? When you fast or starve yourself your body is going to rob your muscles if amino acids first. Not fat loss and then when you return to eating your body is going to store more fat because it goes into survival mode. I don't know. Sounds crazy to me. I'm old school and believe in eating and not taking food away from the body.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic