Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Intermittent fasting...your thoughts?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I just have one more thing to add. Everyone here knows how that feel after eating Thanksgiving dinner. This is a direct response to unstable blood sugar and insulin release. And, everyone knows they gain weight from that meal.

I realize that this is not the protocol for IF but think about it.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
IF is not a Thanksgiving meal. It is generally an 8 hour window in which you eat. You eat the same cals and macros that you would in a typical eating pattern. You gain the same muscle or lose the same fat (depending on goals) that would would if you were spreading them across multiple meals every 2-3 hours.

Believing that you have to eat every 2-3 hours to build muscle is bro science right up there with the mythical anabolic window. What matters are your daily totals. There's nothing wrong with eating every 2-3 hours or drinking a shake 40 minutes after your workout. There's just nothing magical in them.

But anyone can believe whatever they want. There are plenty of supp co. funded studies to back you up.

I'm out.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Its an interesting article.

"For more on blood sugar, read my review of Eat Stop Eat Expanded Edition, which includes a relevant excerpt. Also, keep in mind that the above cited studies are all performed under conditions that are much more extreme than the fasting protocol I, or Brad Pilon, recommends."

Those studies would be an interesting read. Honestly, I still don't buy it. (I know your not trying to sell it to me) It just flies in the face of most known dietary science. I mean, should we just throw out the Glycemic Index?

You know, science or no science, time will tell and enough people will try this to make anecdotal evidence. My money's against IF.

The glycemic index doesn't mean anything to us because we generally don't eat just that one ingredient. Its mixed with other ingredients... Often fats which slow digestion. Too much emphasis was placed on Glycemic Index IMO.

This IF thing looks interesting. I wish I could try it... But the idea of not being able to eat anything would likely result in my suicide. II what kind of results did you see; specifically, did you suffer strength loss? Lose any explosive type energy?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
PoB. I have seen you defend steel cut oats over instant oats in another thread. What is your reasoning?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
PoB. I have seen you defend steel cut oats over instant oats in another thread. What is your reasoning?

They taste better to me... I actually eat instant oats these days though lol... I'm just a big ball of confusion :p

I'd add though that these thoughts on the glycemic index are relatively new to me. I tried living by them because thats what the smart people told me to do. Doesn't seem to make a difference to me.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I cant believe what so called "bodybuuilders" are saying. The only thing i guess some people are good at is what drugs get you big what drugs get you small. How to shoot yourself in the ass. And i guess that's why so many of them get sick the day of their show trying to control there electrolytes. Taking lasix/ aldactone, not drinking having no medical knowledge of what those drugs do to you at a cellular level, and what you have to supplement in place of the electrolytes you are taking out. All this equals cramping, heart palpitations, death.
Same concept with food. You take something out you need to replace it. Why are we eating brown rice be4 your work out guys??? why eat fast digesting carb during or after workouts with protein??? The GI is a great tool to use whether you are a bodybuilder or have type 1 or 2 DM.
GENERAL QUESTION for everyone??? IF WE EAT SO HEALTHY AND TAKE IN ALL THE RIGHT MICRO-NUTRIENTS AND HAVE SUCH HEALTHY DIETS WHY DOES EVERYONE RECOMMEND A MUTI-VITAMIN????

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Since i made this post i started IF, for a few days. Last meal would be about 7pm and not eat untill about 1pm the following day. The thing i noticed was i started going flat (does that make sense?) and didnt like that. Dont know what was going on, still drinking a gallon of water a day and maybe coming up a lil short on macros, ball park guess. When i eat breakfast, i seem to look fuller through out day. Maybe something else needs to be adjusted to avoid that flat look...idk.

No carbs make you flat. No food makes you loose muscle LOL

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
One of my clients

If this is his off season hope you are feeding him like a horse. I am sure you see what is lacking. He really needs to bring up his upper traps and shoulders. Can be doing more calve work to. Nice vacuum. but he is off season so that should be hard to do. LOL We all got are week points. Keep it up

S

SideArms

Feb 6, 2013
I cant believe what so called "bodybuuilders" are saying. The only thing i guess some people are good at is what drugs get you big what drugs get you small. How to shoot yourself in the ass. And i guess that's why so many of them get sick the day of their show trying to control there electrolytes. Taking lasix/ aldactone, not drinking having no medical knowledge of what those drugs do to you at a cellular level, and what you have to supplement in place of the electrolytes you are taking out. All this equals cramping, heart palpitations, death.
Same concept with food. You take something out you need to replace it. Why are we eating brown rice be4 your work out guys??? why eat fast digesting carb during or after workouts with protein??? The GI is a great tool to use whether you are a bodybuilder or have type 1 or 2 DM.
GENERAL QUESTION for everyone??? IF WE EAT SO HEALTHY AND TAKE IN ALL THE RIGHT MICRO-NUTRIENTS AND HAVE SUCH HEALTHY DIETS WHY DOES EVERYONE RECOMMEND A MUTI-VITAMIN????

WOW get it girl [[==]][[==]] and thats a good question

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
One of my clients

My off season figure calves LOL

attachment.php

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Since i made this post i started IF, for a few days. Last meal would be about 7pm and not eat untill about 1pm the following day. The thing i noticed was i started going flat (does that make sense?) and didnt like that. Dont know what was going on, still drinking a gallon of water a day and maybe coming up a lil short on macros, ball park guess. When i eat breakfast, i seem to look fuller through out day. Maybe something else needs to be adjusted to avoid that flat look...idk.

You are becoming carb depleted. The carbs you eat during the eating period do not sustain you through your fast. Some of the carbs you use within hours and the rest are stored as fat. Then later in the fast your body starts to break down muscle for aminos and converts some to glucose for brain function. Less carbs also means less water retention. Ultimatly you are shrinking.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic