Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Bicep tendinitis Related to shoulder pain?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Could my chronic bicep tendinitis be causing my constant shoulder pain? front delt sometimes side delt

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
Absolutely! The bicepital groove which is where your bicep tendon lays in is directly under the front delt. The shoulder being so complex as it is the "groove" is very small and if that tendon is inflamed from tendinitis it will cause pain else where as the tendon is inflamed and rubbing on other tendons, nerves etc..

Best thing you can do is rest it a week as ice it a lot and next week drop the lbs your using now and start off light again...

Hope this helps!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
bicep tendinitis

I have the same issue... My whole arm starts throbbing with waves of shooting pain from the back of my shoulder, up and around to the front delt, down the bicep and if its real bad all the way to my palm.

Been trying to stretch it and do some myofascial release in the upper back.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Absolutely! The bicepital groove which is where your bicep tendon lays in is directly under the front delt. The shoulder being so complex as it is the "groove" is very small and if that tendon is inflamed from tendinitis it will cause pain else where as the tendon is inflamed and rubbing on other tendons, nerves etc..

Best thing you can do is rest it a week as ice it a lot and next week drop the lbs your using now and start off light again...

Hope this helps!

been resting for 5 months :( with PT shots the works. does not hurt to do biceps but it does to do shoulders. done MRI then MRI arthogram (MRI dye injection)no tares. just so worried about my shoulder. doc keeps telling me its the bicep tendon and it hurts when he presses on the tendon, but it does not hurt when he holds my arm up and pushes down on it.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I have the same issue... My whole arm starts throbbing with waves of shooting pain from the back of my shoulder, up and around to the front delt, down the bicep and if its real bad all the way to my palm.

Been trying to stretch it and do some myofascial release in the upper back.

some people don't believe in it but try KT tape. they have one for your bicep and it help me greatly when doing biceps. i also ice shoulders after workout and bio freeze before the workout. did you try to get a ultrasound injection (cortisone) for your tendon. works for people. only lasted 3 weeks for me.

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
All I can share with you is from my own experiences.. My injury sounds exactly how yours does. Doing bicep work was not an issue but shoulders was another story. I had MRI's and arthrograms just like you that showed nothing also. I decided to go under the knife as an exploratory surgery cause I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. After trying all the cortizone shots, pt, and icing it like crazy i finally got a answer from the surgery. My labrum was torn and the biceps tendon is what connects to the labrum. Because it was torn and frayed peices of that tendon moving around and getting into spots where it shouldnt and the fact it was pulled away from where it should of been was an issue also.. now what i know is if you pulled and tore the labrum sometimes MRI's won't pick it up and also you'll be able to work the bicep and be ok but later in the day my shoulder would feel weird. Not super painful but annoying, if that makes sense.

Now even after I re-tore my shoulder after the first surgery, the MRI arthrogram showed nothing again. Me and the doc knew something happened cause it wasn't healing even months later. He went back in and that tendon almost completely was ripped and pulled through the suture he put in....

Now I don't know if this helps but long story short ive had 3 shoulder surgeries and a biceps tenoditis. I was good after the first shoulder surgery but had an accident at work 3 months post op and re-tore all the work my doc did so I had to have it fixed again. After the 2nd it wasn't healing right and one year ladter that I had a 3rd to remove scar tissue and to remove pieces of bone to we're causing impingments and also the biceps tenoditis. I am 2 full years out from that and I'm 95% perfect at this time. It was a long deal and I swore I would do everything to not go through any of that again. I do not recommend surgery unless its the only option, it was a long recovery for me but in the end I'm back at and killing it!

I hope this helps!

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
You sound like me Illtemper I've had 3 rt shoulder but I'm 13 yrs post opt and my right is fine. I'm having some impingement issues with my left but I just work around it. One thing that has helped me more than anything is I found a guy who active release techniques for muscles or art. He has loosened my neck and my shoulders and I have had a lot less problems. Rest is the only thing that with cure tendinitis.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
All I can share with you is from my own experiences.. My injury sounds exactly how yours does. Doing bicep work was not an issue but shoulders was another story. I had MRI's and arthrograms just like you that showed nothing also. I decided to go under the knife as an exploratory surgery cause I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. After trying all the cortizone shots, pt, and icing it like crazy i finally got a answer from the surgery. My labrum was torn and the biceps tendon is what connects to the labrum. Because it was torn and frayed peices of that tendon moving around and getting into spots where it shouldnt and the fact it was pulled away from where it should of been was an issue also.. now what i know is if you pulled and tore the labrum sometimes MRI's won't pick it up and also you'll be able to work the bicep and be ok but later in the day my shoulder would feel weird. Not super painful but annoying, if that makes sense.

Now even after I re-tore my shoulder after the first surgery, the MRI arthrogram showed nothing again. Me and the doc knew something happened cause it wasn't healing even months later. He went back in and that tendon almost completely was ripped and pulled through the suture he put in....

Now I don't know if this helps but long story short ive had 3 shoulder surgeries and a biceps tenoditis. I was good after the first shoulder surgery but had an accident at work 3 months post op and re-tore all the work my doc did so I had to have it fixed again. After the 2nd it wasn't healing right and one year ladter that I had a 3rd to remove scar tissue and to remove pieces of bone to we're causing impingments and also the biceps tenoditis. I am 2 full years out from that and I'm 95% perfect at this time. It was a long deal and I swore I would do everything to not go through any of that again. I do not recommend surgery unless its the only option, it was a long recovery for me but in the end I'm back at and killing it!

I hope this helps!

you had the test with the dye injection? i had that and a reg MRI only found bursitis. i will bring this up with my doc. thanks for the help. what was one thing with the torn labrum that you could not do at all to painful of unable do to ROM so i can see if that is my issue.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
ok lets say i have one or a small one. what AAS would you recommend. im on var at 20mg thinking about starting primo short acting.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Gh if you have anything torn in that shoulder you don't want to be getting stronger fast. Your shoulder may not be able to handle it. IMO

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I had both bursitis, tendonitis and was in pain for years, wouldn't do the cortisone shots, they end up eating your tendons \bones after time. wouldn't go under the knife after a good friend had his shoulder done and it was worse than the problem. I ended up at a sports therapy chiro got deep tissue masages and in around a year , the pain was totally gone, hurt like hell but it worked. I still worked out just stayed away from heavy lifts. I get that same twinge you get TG but only on bar work, I stick with dumbelles now mostly. I agree with Braw, don't mask the pain as you can be doing way more permanent damage for the long run.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic