Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Minimum dose of Deca to run with HRT for joint pain?

ZoDaddy

ZoDaddy

Jan 29, 2011
Been on TRT for over a year. 100 mg. cyp 2x/wk, 25 units HCG 2x/wk. Been using Deca on a blast cycle and it has helped with my joints (currently using 200 mg. wk).
I would like to add Deca long term for joint pain, especially chronic knee tendonitis. 1. What do you guys think is the minimum Deca dose to add?
2. Is it ok to run deca long term with HRT?

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
Will be curious about the answers to this. I tried it at 200mg/wk for a few week and stopped before it would have kicked in for personal reasons. Have always wondered about using it with TRT. My knee, elbow, and wrist hurt off and on.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
200mg wk is a good dose for joint purposes helping with inflamatin in the knees.

prob is your libido might take a dive down the road unless you up the test to at least 400mg.

deca long term can lower t3 a bit as well although being dose dependant.

IF you stick with only 200mg of test EW try using the deca at 100mg EW, this shouldn't be enuff to kill sex drive or slow the thyroid over time but enuff to work as an anti inflamatory as well.

Ever look into having the doc give a few shots of hyalgan in those knees?

Last edited:
ZoDaddy

ZoDaddy

Jan 29, 2011
what is hyalgan?
I was thinking of starting at 100mg. wk and moving up as needed. Some say 100mg/ wk is enough for joints, some say 200+ is needed. Probably depends on the individual, like most aas. I've also heard that some guys were fine with a 1:1 ratio, and didn't need twice the test. Thought I would get more opinions.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Zo, Over the years it's been recommended that about a 2:1 ratio of test to deca be used. But in all reality there's not a specific science to it. It appears that most maintain a better libido using that ratio, but I for one (and others I know) have broken that "rule" often and had no issues.
Everyone has different sensitivities. Some get the puffy nips from very low amounts of androgenic compounds (just a "for instance". I'm not calling deca an androgen). Some get bad aggression, acne, etc.
With deca, some get "deca dick" and lose libido while others see an increase in libido and have hardons all the time. It's good to have that 2:1 ration in mind, but until you experiment to see how your body handles it, I suggest not getting stuck in the opinionated "rules of use". . . I hate that box!
All that blah blah blah aside -- 200mg a week of test and 200mg deca may be perfect for you. Try it and see.
As for minimum dose that deca will help joints -- as little as 100mg can be uselful longterm.
I'm not too up on the current studies, but sometime back I was reading some research (legit medical studies - not forum opinions) about hrt with test and deca for lifetime use. I believe that study was researching an effective male contraceptive however. But it definitely wasn't a contraceptive for myself. I was deep into a test/deca/dbol run when I concieved my daughter.

Last edited:
R

ragamuffin

Sep 10, 2010
2:1 works best for me. 1:1 and I cant get wood. About to start the same protocol and was wondering the same thing. I have T400 and Deca400. So, 1/2 cc of T per week and 1/4 cc of Deca. Sounds minimal, but thats about inline with what you're talking about.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I'd use 100 for a few weeks and increase it by 100 til you get where you want to be. Use as little as poss for the desired effects. No 'answer', you're an individual.

ZoDaddy

ZoDaddy

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks for the input. I figure starting lower saves $ too. No reason to use twice as much if not necessary. Save it up for a blast down the road instead.
Testboner-glad to hear that the longterm use was in a study. I can't see how it would be detrimental, but figured it would be good to get some other opinions. BTW, when my daughter was conceived, my wife was on the pill...guess hormones don't always work the way they are supposed to.:)

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
i'd run NPP first to test tolerance and effectiveness (quicker) and then bridge over to ND once you knew the proper dosage... starting at 100mg ew...

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
i'd run NPP first to test tolerance and effectiveness (quicker) and then bridge over to ND once you knew the proper dosage... starting at 100mg ew...

That's a VERY good idea.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
100 mg. cyp 2x/wk, 25 units HCG 2x/wk. Been using Deca on a blast cycle and it has helped with my joints (currently using 200 mg. wk).

This seems oddly low. How many iu is your vial and how many cc are you putting in it ?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic