Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How much protein can the human body absorb in one sitting?

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
My question is just that. How much protein can the body digest in one sitting? And how often can you intake more protein?

For example, say I have a protein shake with 34g of protein, can I have another and still absorb all 68g of protein or do I need to wait a certain amount of time and if so, how long? Thanks!

How much protein can the body digest?

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
it really depends on weight\size and your lifestyle. 68G would be pushing it unless you are 250 lb's or higher and were a bodybuilding monster. fatty mc fat fat that doesnt move wont absorb protein like a bodybuilder or a athlete.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Are there any scientific studies on this?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Fuck, it won't let me rep you or give you a thank you goldy, I've done too many in the last 24 hours.

Well done though, thanks

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Fuck, it won't let me rep you or give you a thank you goldy, I've done too many in the last 24 hours.

Well done though, thanks

That is a great set of resources. I opened that daily rep limit up a little more for you marx....

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I think I can get about 65g per sitting, I am 275-280lbs though and workout 6 days a week, anything over that I shit out and I can tell when it is.

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
It also varies widely on when you eat it and what exactly it is. Your body will soak up whey iso 5 minutes after hard core training, but won't as much on beef for lunch.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
it really depends on weight\size and your lifestyle. 68G would be pushing it unless you are 250 lb's or higher and were a bodybuilding monster. fatty mc fat fat that doesnt move wont absorb protein like a bodybuilder or a athlete.

wow! your stock is rising. that was the perfect answer. i didnt expect to see that. great post!

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
For me personally anything over 40 grams in a shake starts to screw with my digestion, I feel the body can better utilize real food better then any shake. I can eat a monster steak and be good to go. Also the more protein you eat, the more good flora there will be in your digestive system. People that go on low protein diets or vegans will loose these digestive enzymes over time and have a hard time processing protein. I feel the more protein you consume the better your body gets at assimilating the nutrients.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
For me personally anything over 40 grams in a shake starts to screw with my digestion, I feel the body can better utilize real food better then any shake. I can eat a monster steak and be good to go. Also the more protein you eat, the more good flora there will be in your digestive system. People that go on low protein diets or vegans will loose these digestive enzymes over time and have a hard time processing protein. I feel the more protein you consume the better your body gets at assimilating the nutrients.

Just curious what kind of protein powder it is. I am assuming there is whey concentrate in there somewhere which is causing issues. i drink 50G 100% pure whey isolate shakes with no issues.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic