Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

ufc on fox

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Good card and better fights. Benson henderson dominated nate diaz. bj is punch drunk and shogun is washed up.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hendrson diaz fight was pretty good. Diaz wanted to stand and bang, everytime he did he got those stupid leg kicks. They win the fight and break your opponent down, just boring to watch.
Shogun looked TIRED!
Missed the rest of the card, my DVR hates me.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
The under card was awesome as well.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
These fights were all pretty darn good, IMO. BJ Penn had no business getting in the ring again at 170, and certainly not against a top contender in that division. That Rory McDonald is no slouch. If BJ wants to continue fighting he needs to drop down to 155, but I don't think he has the discipline to make the cut. Great natural talent with that guy, but never wanted to put in the hard work that a consistent champion needs to do.

Shogun is a tough dude, but that Swede is no slouch. With his size and aggressiveness, he may give Bones Jones a different look. Not sure he's ready for that yet, but he's an exciting fighter.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
These fights were all pretty darn good, IMO. BJ Penn had no business getting in the ring again at 170, and certainly not against a top contender in that division. That Rory McDonald is no slouch. If BJ wants to continue fighting he needs to drop down to 155, but I don't think he has the discipline to make the cut. Great natural talent with that guy, but never wanted to put in the hard work that a consistent champion needs to do.

Shogun is a tough dude, but that Swede is no slouch. With his size and aggressiveness, he may give Bones Jones a different look. Not sure he's ready for that yet, but he's an exciting fighter.
BJ penn is a waste of tallent. Never been a fan.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I agree on bj. He needed to go to a real mma gym, not his own gym for his camps. yves edwards ko of jeremy stephens was a thing of beauty and, an upset. War the under dog! I think the Ben Nate fight was amazing, Ben dismantled himin all phases of the game. The most suprising to me was Bens ground game. Dude is an animal. I wasnt impressed with Gustafsson, he is aggressive but, way to slow to and sloppy to challenge Jones. UFC needs to do more of these fox cards.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
I agree on bj. He needed to go to a real mma gym, not his own gym for his camps. yves edwards ko of jeremy stephens was a thing of beauty and, an upset. War the under dog! I think the Ben Nate fight was amazing, Ben dismantled himin all phases of the game. The most suprising to me was Bens ground game. Dude is an animal. I wasnt impressed with Gustafsson, he is aggressive but, way to slow to and sloppy to challenge Jones. UFC needs to do more of these fox cards.

I couldnt understand why people had Yves as an underdog that was awesome.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I was happy to see Diaz get his ass handed to him, dude is too cocky. BJ Penn needs to hang it up, sad to see him get beat the way he has.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Nobody has mentioned what I believe were the three most exciting prospects on the card. Kruickshank (sp?) looked phenomenal, although his opponent helped him with that. Siver at 145 is an immediate contender, potentially a near-future champ. And Abel Trujillo from the Blackzillions camp in Florida, holy shit! That guy was ferocious, athletic, and exciting as hell to watch. I'll say it here right now, he will be the champ one day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic