Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Old and Fat

S

sisco55

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2011
Im old too and thank for the support .. i have faith thank yougreat post reps@@@@

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
Im old too and thank for the support .. i have faith thank yougreat post reps@@@@

Thats the spirit! just keep at it and eating properly ,and most of all don't get discouraged theres a way around everything!

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
Maybe we ought to have our own area, the ole codger area, ah, the smell of Ben Gay and sour sweat with knobby knees shaking! Sorry, get carried away. Seriously though, us old guys have our own series of problems, by old I mean mid-50's and on, that's when things do get different, sad. Do me a big favor and let me know how you're doing? I need a yard-stick to measure with. In the old days I had a 'swim-buddy' to keep things going, we weren't friends by any means, but we were very similar in strength and endurance so it worked. When one guy was going down the other was kicking him in the ass to keep him going. (Otherwise he'd have to carry him! Great incentive!)
FWIW I'm feeling better already, my knees no longer sound like Rice Krispies, more like the dice cup at Vegas, this stuff works. Wealth of info here and good people.

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
Let me see what food has done for U. Post a pic.

I'll show you what food has done for me, this was taken one Week before my birthday Dec 4th i just turned 59

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so...to everyone ,i don't care how old you are or how bad out of shape you are,you are made out of the same stuff that i am.

Last edited:
SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
so...to everyone ,i don't care how old you are or how bad out of shape you are,you are made out of the same stuff that i am.

Radar,
huh, I don't think I'm made out of the same stuff you are:rolleyes: You look like I did back when I was like 30 and stuff, now I've got a goal, thanks. I am very impressed, fwiw. You're 59, right? What's your workout sked look like? Just curious what I'm going to have to do.
Thanks yet again.

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
Radar,
huh, I don't think I'm made out of the same stuff you are:rolleyes: You look like I did back when I was like 30 and stuff, now I've got a goal, thanks. I am very impressed, fwiw. You're 59, right? What's your workout sked look like? Just curious what I'm going to have to do.
Thanks yet again.

I pmed you my schedule ,anyone interested may pm me also, i will lay it straight on the line, the only difference between me is i started at around 16 and never stopped, Yep even as i reached my lte 20's i couldn't get the psyhique i wanted, Thanks "cybergenics". "orchid (bull testicles") " muscle mix (a plant steroid") and tons of others ,you name em and i have tried them.

Take care guys!

O

oldman

Nov 16, 2010
If you have KB's here is a sample workout that kicks your butt and is a great fat burner.

Warm up -10 min circuit
wall squats - start with your toes 2" from a wall and squat without lifting your heels or touching your nose to the wall ATG.... 20 reps
KB Halo's to loosen the shoulders - google it - 20 reps
downward dog to cobra (basically a pike push up position down to a position where your arching your back chest and head up hips on the floor streatching your abs.) 20
rest 1 min
repeat

Workout Target Completed Workout Instructions
swings 20 x
jumping jacks 2 min
swings 20 x
mountain climbers 2 min
swings 20 x
pushup to squat thrust 2 min
swings 20 x
jog 2 min
• complete drills in order
• no breaks
• hit target or “comfortable stop”
• swap out “active rest” drills as desired
• start over if you complete sequence
• total time = 12 Minutes

each week try to add 5 swings to the sequence until you hit 50 swings, or increase the number of sequences you do each week.

Look up any of the KB workouts by Pavel Tsatsouline

I love KB's for overall conditioning, keeping it fun and functional.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Hey Oldman......and hello to the other geezers.

I read through this thread and there is a lot of good information here. I think that the theme here is very basic.......then you can expand from there.
1) Eat clean (it's the most important part of what you are asking for)

2) Do something physical every day (do not get injured.....you're not 18 anymore and have not been training consistently so take it easy at first then ratchet it up).

I hate when people think that every human can "do what I do". That is sooooo untrue. We all have different lifestyles, training history, injuries, genetic predispositions of health etc.. If you just get consistent and be patient, you can be the best "YOU" that you can be.....not the best "i wanna be like you" that you can be. I am pushing 50 and am always asked the standard questions "how much can you bench", "what do you eat", "how often do you train", "what is your workout like"......I hate to say that some guy my age that has never worked out in his life is NOT going to be like me unless he has genetics from Hell. it takes time.....it takes dedication for years to get to where a lot of us are.
However, it's never too late to get the ball rolling and get healthy. I always tell people that it's not a competition....it's a lifestyle. If you are starting at my age, you eat and train for a reason other than to see how much you can lift. You are doing it for health. So start a new habit....kill the old habit and be the best that you can be for YOU......with YOUR genetics and YOUR ailments.

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
I've started, and doing well, I think. Signed up with a pro who's providing me with a lot of guidance, and we're working quite hard. Shocking how weak I've allowed myself to become, surprising how fast it's coming back with some effort on my part. Shedding weight, actually body fat, the weight is slowing down, while my shoulders and chest are coming back. It's great.
You're right, I can't copy anyone here, not now, when I was 20, sure thing, but there comes a time... Passed it about 10 years ago. Eating food I wouldn't look at earlier, not eating food I thought I couldn't live without.
IRT KB's use them for my cardio workouts, huff and puff with the best of them, that's coming a long quite nicely also, a good balance between heavy (okay, for me) weights and KB's, doing good. An awful lot of good advice here, I agree.
Well, off to get Bengay on the knees.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic