Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

nolva and HGH?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
tamoxifen has been shown to lower IGF-1 as well as HGH.

You might consider using another anti-E with your expensive GH if you can rather than tamoxifen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They showed that not only does tamoxifen suppress GH, it also directly suppresses IGF-1 gene expression independently of any lowering of GH

Cancer Res. 1993 Apr 15;53(8):1727-30. Related Articles, Links

In vivo inhibition of insulin-like growth factor I gene expression by tamoxifen.

Huynh HT, Tetenes E, Wallace L, Pollak M.

Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Tamoxifen, a partial antagonist to the estrogen receptor, is widely used in the treatment of breast cancer and is currently being evaluated as a breast cancer preventative agent in large-scale clinical trials. Recent clinical research has demonstrated that tamoxifen administration is associated with a reduction of serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) concentration. We demonstrate here that tamoxifen, when administered in an in vivo experimental system previously used to demonstrate its cytostatic effect on breast cancer cell proliferation, inhibits the expression of the IGF-I gene in common target organs for breast cancer metastasis. Furthermore, while our prior experimental studies have demonstrated an inhibitory effect of tamoxifen on growth hormone output, we show here for the first time that the suppression of IGF-I gene expression associated with tamoxifen administration is in part a consequence of a pituitary-independent action of the drug. Because IGF-I is a potent mitogen for breast cancer cells, this newly described activity of tamoxifen may contribute to its antineoplastic properties, particularly with regard to inhibition of metastasis seen both in animal models and clinically.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This is a great post SHINE. Although I'd like to point out that I doubt the effect on endogenous GH is applicable to exogenous GH. Even if you're running only 2iu ED of exo gh, that's still a lot more than most bodies produce on the regular. So, I believe this post is actually MORE useful for those who DO NOT run exogenous GH or IGF-1. Run an AI on cycle and run Nolva during PCT only. That's what I've always done and now even moreso.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
This is a great post SHINE. Although I'd like to point out that I doubt the effect on endogenous GH is applicable to exogenous GH. Even if you're running only 2iu ED of exo gh, that's still a lot more than most bodies produce on the regular. So, I believe this post is actually MORE useful for those who DO NOT run exogenous GH or IGF-1. Run an AI on cycle and run Nolva during PCT only. That's what I've always done and now even moreso.

Could be and I havn't seen any research showing this effect on exogenous GH but alot seem to think the effects of there GH ain't as potent when nolva is added into the mix. Nolva lowers IGF by alot, I'm wondering if it isn't causing this effect with exogenous and it's IGF in the liver as well as endo?
"directly suppresses IGF-1 gene expression independently of any lowering of GH'

Sure one can compensate by taking more GH if need be.

Last edited:
Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Could be and I havn't seen any research showing this effect on exogenous GH but alot seem to think the effects of there GH ain't as potent when nolva is added into the mix. Nolva lowers IGF by alot, I'm wondering if it isn't causing this effect with exogenous and it's IGF in the liver as well as endo?

Sure one can compensate by taking more GH if need be.

Ya, you're right in what you're saying but I just wanted to make the point that this thread is probably more important for people who do not use IGF or GH regularly. They do not have the benefit of artificially inflated numbers and have to be careful. If it were me, the last time I would want low IGF numbers would be during PCT! lol

D

Dr Pepper

Feb 7, 2011
great post... so its a no go for nolva as PCT after an aas cycle WHILE on hgh?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic