Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Knee Rehab

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
sadie are you using any sort of compression braces? it may help to get you doc to prescribe you a good one for the next few months... i say prescribe so that your insurance will pay for it...

anyway good luck!

nope.. we tried to get me in one but i cant straighten my leg enough.. been 5 weeks and i STILL cant.. he thinks that blood and fluid under my knee cap is whats destroying my ROM so im supposed to go tomorrow and get it drained.. should be just lovely..

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
IF... her ins pays for it. Some are just VERY stupid, and give some literal dumbass nurse the responsibility of judging whether its valid or not. The physician can write a letter of medical necessity, and usually push for it. But it all depends on the policy that the person and carrier have agreed upon.
my insurance pays for everything i work for a hospital hehe

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Twice fixed in right..First was patella tendon then cadaver...Torn them playing sports in HS and then in college..Recently reinjured same knee...

Wow...that is horrible. I may have to get mine done again. My graft was taking from the hammy and we're not sure if it held at this point. the knee is pretty sloppy still so it doesn;t look good.

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
Wow...that is horrible. I may have to get mine done again. My graft was taking from the hammy and we're not sure if it held at this point. the knee is pretty sloppy still so it doesn;t look good.

jesus that sucks.. is this just something that happened or did you rush rehab or does your doctor suck?

i can feel the mcl snapping around in my knee still.. been shooting pains into my calf lately actually.. im totally freaked about the doctor and this thread isnt helping lol

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
i officially am scared of my doctor... you dont even wanna know...ready to just cut my leg off

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
i officially am scared of my doctor... you dont even wanna know...ready to just cut my leg off

LOL! Sorry to hear....Sounds like you hate doc's like I hate doc's!

As far as the why. Not really sure. Perhaps the mri might tell us more. The surgery was apparently a success. The only thing I can think of is I was sick from the morphine after the surgery and barfed all over the bathroom. I was somewhat embarrassed and cleaned it up rather than make the nurses do it. I might have put some weight on my leg and maybe this caused the graft to slip or tear. I was careful (well as careful as a 240lb drugged up guy can be) to not put any weight on my leg but with ample amounts of morphine in my system maybe careful wasn;t so careful. My damn dogs also jumped on my knee 2 days after the surgery. They may have caused some damage. Other than that who knows? I don;t care if I can get it somewhat better I will have it done again. It sucks right now I can tell you. Like the surgery was never done and it hurts more

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
That's rough newf...hopefully this time it'll work out better

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic