pbtom
What's New?

First Cycle - All You Need to Know

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Just noticed this but wanted to give a quick explanation on Nolva:

Nolvadex is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) and NOT and AI (Aromatase Inhibitor). SERMs are more effective in PCT because they help to raise your natural test levels. However, they do not remove any excess estrogen that you may have built up. An AI like letro is a suicide inhibitor that should be used when one already has developed gyno. Arimidex and Aromasin are more for preventative use throughout cycle but can also be used to get rid of gyno. Here is really all you need to know:

Nolva is more of a "blocker"... it does not contend with aromatization other than to occupy cell sites and ligands that would otherwise be occupied by estrogen that is converted via DHT or 5-Alpha Reduced. In other words, once a site is occupied by a newly formed aromatized agent, Nolva will pass up that site to occupy an empty one. Letrozole, on the other hand, will find that agent and remove it from the docking site, freeing the location. In other words it "inhibits suicide" of the estrogen, as previously discussed.

I hope that makes sense and I know most people already know this and that is why I put it in the first cycle thread :) I would recommend an AI over Nolva throughout cycle but if you insist on Nolva you must start just prior to the beginning of your cycle to be safe and I would also recommend having an AI on hand in case of estro related side effects that become unmanageable.

i would like to touch on something that i feel got overlooked in these replies if i may...
it was stated in one reply that nolva can or should be used throughout any cycle, but i was taught different.
by no means am i a chemist or an expert on chemical reactions between compounds, and most of my knowledge comes from "bro-science" and first-hand experience, but i was always told to NEVER take nolva at the same time as deca.
correct me if i'm wrong here because i cant even tell you WHY they shouldnt be used together, i just know that that's supposed to be a big "no-no"
since this thread is meant to inform noobs on proper AAS use, then perhaps somebody can elaborate a little more on this or explain the reasoning behind it?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
okay im at week 10 now, GS said not to take anything at weeks 11-13. then why does he say
to take hcg, weeks 11-13. please explain, as i am approaching week 11. and am i not allowed
to take any supplements like jack3d. or just dont take anything that is steroid related?

Take HCG weeks 11-13 to kickstart the HPTA into function, Week 14 start PCT. And why would you not be able to take any OTC supplements? lol

R

Raggih

Dec 21, 2011
Hi, I've been reading up on this. How do you guys feel about frontloading?

Phatbastard

Phatbastard

Mar 17, 2012
Great thread GS

As well compliments to the rest of your for contributing your point of views! This will give any Newb some direction in wich to study!

Phatbastard

Phatbastard

Mar 17, 2012
Hi, I've been reading up on this. How do you guys feel about frontloading?

Running Dbol like this is essentialy front loading. As you are waiting for the Test to Kick in.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
Ya def a good post! Now all we need is for the new guys to read it

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Damn solid post. I agree with everything, the pct as well.

2._failure

Jul 11, 2012
Great read ........we need more detailed posts like this. The more details the better.

Allofasudden

Allofasudden

Jul 31, 2012
I'm going to run this cycle to the T and I have two questions. First, my source says he only has 50mg pills of Dbol. Told me to just take the whole thing or cut in half if I want. I know GS recommends splitting it up every 4-6 hours but I'm thinking of just splitting it into 25mg and taking one in the morning and one in the evening. Any thoughts or
suggestions? Second, the Arimidex comes in 1mg pills. GS recommends .025mg to .05mg EOD. Same question I guess, split in half or quarters? Thanks

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm going to run this cycle to the T and I have two questions. First, my source says he only has 50mg pills of Dbol. Told me to just take the whole thing or cut in half if I want. I know GS recommends splitting it up every 4-6 hours but I'm thinking of just splitting it into 25mg and taking one in the morning and one in the evening. Any thoughts or
suggestions? Second, the Arimidex comes in 1mg pills. GS recommends .025mg to .05mg EOD. Same question I guess, split in half or quarters? Thanks

For the adex I take (when using it) 1mg every three days.

For the dbol, cut it in half and take an hour pre workout and that's it for the day. On non training days just take it whenever.

Allofasudden

Allofasudden

Jul 31, 2012
For the adex I take (when using it) 1mg every three days.

For the dbol, cut it in half and take an hour pre workout and that's it for the day. On non training days just take it whenever.

Ok thank you

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I'm more along the lines of gs, split it up and keep the levels a stable as possible throughout the day, just my opinion

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic