Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

How do you rip your pulls?!?!

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
I was wonder how many of your come up on your deads. Are you slow and methodical or do you pull with the same force when your holding 225 as 700??

Gotta say i use to be a slow go through the motions kinda guy but in the past couple years i rip 135 off hte mat with so much force my feet come off... I do it the same way all the way to a max.. Call it crazy but i tell you what i challenge anyone to do it for a couple months and tell me they dont become more explosive!!!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I throw in some powerlifting training for a couple months out of the year (Clean & Jerk, etc.) just to keep that explosiveness, so I know exactly what you're talkin about there

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
My warm up weight I tend to pull a little more deliberately to groove good technique, but as it gets heavier I pull faster. I'll pull 315 faster than 185, for example.

I don't do "speed work." Just so you know I'm not commenting on that.

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
My warm up weight I tend to pull a little more deliberately to groove good technique, but as it gets heavier I pull faster. I'll pull 315 faster than 185, for example.

I don't do "speed work." Just so you know I'm not commenting on that.

Have you found that pulling with greater "force" not necessarily speed has allowed you to in the end have a greater max?? Im not a body builder although i am a fan i am a power athlete and i have found this to make me much more exsplosive like i said.. Ironically i found a video on flex and stan efferding is doing the same thing.. For those of you that have seen him in action live its a site.. Ill see if i cant find the video..

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
My computer at work here does some wierd stuff but im pretty sure this is the video... If not let me know and ill find it tonight..
Videos -Flex Online

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Have you found that pulling with greater "force" not necessarily speed has allowed you to in the end have a greater max?? Im not a body builder although i am a fan i am a power athlete and i have found this to make me much more exsplosive like i said.. Ironically i found a video on flex and stan efferding is doing the same thing.. For those of you that have seen him in action live its a site.. Ill see if i cant find the video..

When I try to pull "fast" i always use all lower back and no hamstrings, and I jerk it up, instead of pulling "strong" and "tight." I get too sloppy.

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
When I try to pull "fast" i always use all lower back and no hamstrings, and I jerk it up, instead of pulling "strong" and "tight." I get too sloppy.

Your not supposed to pull with your arms! They are just hooks.. Its funny at my height im a great deadlifter, and part is because im incredibly flexible... Ill have to find my 605 dead video and post it on here.. Can we post videos directly to the board yet??

R

rbtrout

Oct 21, 2010
I found that I concentrated on explosiveness out of the hole, instead of worrying about speed. Several years back a friend working with me on benching told me to think "BOOM" and explode off of my chest. I think the same thing doing deads (except off the floor).

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
These are olymipc lifts (cleans etc) oly lifter would cringe at the thought of being called power lifters lol. I have preached to my power lifterfriends for years to start training more explosively. Just adding some cleans w/o the jerk, jump shrugs ans box jumps would help them out greatly. Remember speed kills. One of the things your doing with the explosive movements is also getting the central nervous system to fire more rapidly = great things in training and sports.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
If speed kills, then why do us powerlifters do speed work? We do it to become more explosive

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
If speed kills, then why do us powerlifters do speed work? We do it to become more explosive

Thats what I'm saying. Your taking it out of context. The old debate in sports is would you rather have speed or size on your team. Take speed all day long. So making a power lifter lift more expolsively in lieu of grinding out slow methodical reps is going to bring greater gains. Most power lifters that I know wont entertain doing any sort of speed/explosion work. The ones who do definately reap the rewards

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
gotcha.. My team always does speed work.. We have one of the strongest 181's and 198's in the world :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic