Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Why your cycle stalls in week 8 and more

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Good post by old Ulter worth reading imo.
and for you guys that like to stay on !

Why your cycle stalls in week 8 and more
So as has been posted a million times it's widely accepted that your cycle will stall in week 8. Search those words and I bet I've posted them 1000 time myself.
What we didn't know was why. Now we know why, or at least how your body does this dastardly deed. You guys remember the study done in 2005 by Shalender Bhasina? The one where they gave men 75-600mg/wk of Test? "Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men" Well the author published a new study that was released a couple months ago.

Measurement of myostatin concentrations in human serum:
Circulating concentrations in young and older men and effects
of testosterone administration.
http://www.afboard.com/library/Meas...nd effects of testosterone administration.pdf

Contrary to what they were expecting to see, it seems that by day 56 myostatin levels were much higher. So in week 8 it was causing LBM gains to stall, you know, like we know they do. But here's the good news. By the end of the study in week 20 they were back to baseline.

The moral of the story is to do 8 week cycles or stay on.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I wonder if "Myostatin blockers" will be the future of bodybuilding someday....worth a thought

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
Also interesting was that older men had lower levels of myostatin then younger men. Maybe because they usually have less muscle mass?

E

evolving

Dec 16, 2010
Good reason to run something else onto of the test, and i had a great cycle by swapping the extra compounds around week 9( deca into eq)

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i never understood the science or logic of this post but i allways siad 6 weeks was about the time on just about every steroid...This is why i allways siad swich compound as otfen as needed...Good post shine....dw

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
8wks or stay on? I'll be staying on....I think much of the "gains" reported in 8wk and shorter cyles can be attributed to intracellular water retention, not actual muscle growth. You can volumize a muscle and make it look larger without any actual growth. I hate to be the dick, but I'm gonna be. I see so many posts about short "blasts" and "oral-only cycles" that produce great "gains." Bros claiming that they put 20 or 30 pounds of "mass" with 10 weeks of dbol or winny or even newer shit like NPP/TPP combos. I'm not buying it. I've seen guys blow up off of oral only cycles and short ester blasts, we all have, only to shrink back to where they came from shortly after cessation. IMO true "results" or "gains" are permanent. Wanna know you're real gains? Calculate lean mass at the beginning of cycle. Subtract this # from lean mass 2 months after your cycle is over. There is ur gains. I have been following some cats in these forums for almost 2 years. I never comment, just watch in silence. I have read as cycle after cycle of their's produces 20+ pounds of gain. Then 2 years later, after 4 cyles(of 20+ alleged pounds of gain each) the 185lb novice is now a 205lb "expert." Where the fuck did ur other 60lbs of gain go smart guy? To me, the "stall" is where that immediate gratification and quick volumization ends and the real work(and growth) begins. Not pointing to anyone specific. If I hurt your feelings, you don't belong here.

My 2C...........MAYO

*However, I do agree with DW's theory of constantly switching orals during a long cycle. I think the change in properties from compound to compound add a little pep to the monotony possibly preventing a "mental stall."

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
8wks or stay on? I'll be staying on....I think much of the "gains" reported in 8wk and shorter cyles can be attributed to intracellular water retention, not actual muscle growth. You can volumize a muscle and make it look larger without any actual growth. I hate to be the dick, but I'm gonna be. I see so many posts about short "blasts" and "oral-only cycles" that produce great "gains." Bros claiming that they put 20 or 30 pounds of "mass" with 10 weeks of dbol or winny or even newer shit like NPP/TPP combos. I'm not buying it. I've seen guys blow up off of oral only cycles and short ester blasts, we all have, only to shrink back to where they came from shortly after cessation. IMO true "results" or "gains" are permanent. Wanna know you're real gains? Calculate lean mass at the beginning of cycle. Subtract this # from lean mass 2 months after your cycle is over. There is ur gains. I have been following some cats in these forums for almost 2 years. I never comment, just watch in silence. I have read as cycle after cycle of their's produces 20+ pounds of gain. Then 2 years later, after 4 cyles(of 20+ alleged pounds of gain each) the 185lb novice is now a 205lb "expert." Where the fuck did ur other 60lbs of gain go smart guy? To me, the "stall" is where that immediate gratification and quick volumization ends and the real work(and growth) begins. Not pointing to anyone specific. If I hurt your feelings, you don't belong here.

My 2C...........MAYO

*However, I do agree with DW's theory of constantly switching orals during a long cycle. I think the change in properties from compound to compound add a little pep to the monotony possibly preventing a "mental stall."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I fucking LOVE it... so true bro... SO TRUE!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I wonder if "Myostatin blockers" will be the future of bodybuilding someday....worth a thought

Of course it's going to be. With myostatin inhibitors there would be less and less need of other hormones/peptides (all kinds of hormones). because one would be able to pack tremendous amounts of muscle "naturally".

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010

My 2C...........MAYO

You don't think blast/cruising works? 4-8wks on and 4-8wk cruise?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
You don't think blast/cruising works? 4-8wks on and 4-8wk cruise?

I think blast/cruz is an excellent protocol....That's why I use it! I am specifically referencing oral-only cycles and 8 week inj cycle. My thoughts are entirely different when the subject in question will not be attempting PCT and HPTA restart at the end of the 8 week cycle.

irish_2003

irish_2003

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
i never understood the science or logic of this post but i allways siad 6 weeks was about the time on just about every steroid...This is why i allways siad swich compound as otfen as needed...Good post shine....dw

deadweight and i have a similar approach....i change up compounds and doses as frequently as i do my training and diet......keep the body guessing....really for me it's more a matter of what's on hand and available that determines if i taper down a few weeks and/or what i switch too......always searching for good combos that work for me

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic