Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Is eating bread fattening?

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
I heard it isn’t good to eat breads. I eat a lot of whole wheat bread, but I heard that bread in general puts unwanted weight on your body.

Is this true?
Does anyone know where I can find info. on this?

Also, is it bad to eat bread before going to sleep? I heard it doesn’t digest quickly (and turns to fat) because you don’t do anything active while sleeping.

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
yeah white bread has alot of unwanted cals bro

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Bread has its place in dieting. White bread post workout is good for gains, whole wheat as a carb source for meals is good since its a complex carb...

Can even do whole wheat bread, toasted and put into a food processor for healthy bread crumbs on meats...

Just look at the ingredients and avoid mad preservatives if possible.

I eat bread every day, and have done so during my current major diet, losing over 60 lbs in four months. And I do stay away from simple carbs during the day unless PWO... Especially before bed.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
I would stay away from bread. Unless it's like Ezekiel bread. Ezekiel bread is the most natural, organic, whole grain bread you will ever eat.

Food For Life | Home of the world famous organic sprouted whole grain foods!

The bread you're eating has been refined and if you don't know what that is I'll tell you.

1. They are excessively starchy.
2. They are practically devoid of natural fiber.
3. There can be up to approximately 25 different chemicals that are added to refined grains and breads products.
4. Grains are fumigated..
5. They are "enriched" with synthetic vitamins.
5. Bleaching chemicals are used.
6. Artificial colorings and flavorings are used.
7. They are nutritionally imbalanced.

Read this. Stay away from bread. The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead. Eat brown rice/oatmeal if you need your carbs.

Refined Grains

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I would stay away from bread. Unless it's like Ezekiel bread. Ezekiel bread is the most natural, organic, whole grain bread you will ever eat.

The bread you're eating has been refined and if you don't know what that is I'll tell you.

3. There can be up to approximately 25 different chemicals that are added to refined grains and breads products.

Read this. Stay away from bread. The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead. Eat brown rice/oatmeal if you need your carbs.

Refined Grains

Damn, son... Good reply!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Damn, son... Good reply!

Your answer was very sensible to bro... But give that ezekiel bread a try. Good shit. The sesame one makes the best toast you'll ever eat in your life. Just store it frozen. Gets stale faaaast

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Dry wheat for me.... Go away said it best.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I just got some of that P.28 protein bread. It's actually nice and soft! My gf got the bagels. I won't be trying it until next week as I'm not changing a thing with the cutter I'm in right now, but will have news on them soon!

It cost just a bit more than the eziekel stuff and has 28 grams per 2 slices, the slices are big, you could not fit a piece without cutting it in half to go in the toaster.

But I got lean eating bread and having a burger every day. The bread was protein bread made in the grocery store, the hamburger bun was just regular bread, I would have the burger as my second post workout meal, the meat was just a plain meat patty with ground horse or pork, ketchup included!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010

Refined Grains

this is the best thing I have seen come from your filthy fucking fingers.....

Did you copy and paste this????????

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I just got some of that P.28 protein bread. It's actually nice and soft! My gf got the bagels. I won't be trying it until next week as I'm not changing a thing with the cutter I'm in right now, but will have news on them soon!

It cost just a bit more than the eziekel stuff and has 28 grams per 2 slices, the slices are big, you could not fit a piece without cutting it in half to go in the toaster.

But I got lean eating bread and having a burger every day. The bread was protein bread made in the grocery store, the hamburger bun was just regular bread, I would have the burger as my second post workout meal, the meat was just a plain meat patty with ground horse or pork, ketchup included!

i was surprised by the P28 bread. its actually not that bad. of course peanut butter and honey makes EVERYTHING taste good. lol. but i expected to taste like peanut butter covered cardboard

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011

Ground horse burgers??? What kind of taste is that?!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic