Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 535 Posts

Any of you eat Crawfish?

Work has been taking me to Mississippi and Alabama quite a bit over the last year. One thing I discovered last year while having lunch at a small restaurant in the middle of nowhere was Im a big fan of crawfish. they really know how to make it in the south......I always make it a point to find some seafood gumbo or fried crawfish when I visit now.

Anybody else like crawfish? Seems like it would be a decent source of protein.

Thanks
    i ate them in sweeden. they were awesome!

Thanks
    Honestly Ive never been able to make myself try them. They remind me of cockroaches. I dont care how good they are, not worth all the slime sucking lol

Thanks
    Never make it that far south.... so nope don't eat them. Actually ALL shell seafood and some fish makes me sick beyond belief so I just stay away....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackD View Post
    Never make it that far south.... so nope don't eat them. Actually ALL shell seafood and some fish makes me sick beyond belief so I just stay away....
    Is that your unique way of coming out of the closet Jackd? "fish makes me sick"?

Thanks
    Here in Louisiana we buy them live in 50# sacks and boil them up. Also make etouffe, creole, stew,.............. Damn, I am getting hungry as hell!!

Thanks
    I have trouble eating them whole but i do like them in gumbo and a crawfish Po'boy is mmmm mmmm good.

i am in the South as well so Admin is right they do them right here.

Thanks
    I am with Dragon on this, buy them the bag! My daughter loves to pick them out fresh at the grocery too. Not sure she understands that her new little friends are dinner later though.

Thanks
    I love them Admin!

I like mine steamed and seasoned well...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,710 Posts
    14 grams protein in a 3oz serving... Looks like a pretty good food to be eating.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Crustaceans, crayfish, mixed species, wild, raw

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    I go to New Orleans just to eat sometimes, I love these things! Nomm nomm nomm

Thanks
    Love'em and have eaten a ton over the years, little lobsters are all they are

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Work has been taking me to Mississippi and Alabama quite a bit over the last year. One thing I discovered last year while having lunch at a small restaurant in the middle of nowhere was Im a big fan of crawfish. they really know how to make it in the south......I always make it a point to find some seafood gumbo or fried crawfish when I visit now.

Come on over to New Orleans and I'll boil some for you.

KB

Thanks
    Don't wait on me KB - I will be there for the second pot! LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Like theres no ****in tomorrow!! Full of protein and some of the best shit in the world. Come visit one day I will hook you up!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast