Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

MuscleAddict83's Bodybuilding Journey

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
A little about myself:

I've been training for 10 years now. Did powerlifting for the first couple. Then decided that I had an easier time putting on muscle than I did adding strength so I switched to bodybuilding. I did my first comp last August (2011). It was the Warrior Classic in Loveland, CO. I competed as a Novice Middleweight at 180 lbs and took second in that class.

picture.php
picture.php

I had the bug bad before, but now that I've had a chance to compete I'm even more into it. I plan on doing another comp this year (2012). It will more than likely be the same one. Right now, living in South Dakota, the closest contests are 7-9 hours in any direction. As such, one a year is about all I can do.

I recently switched from training naturally to taking PH's and Ostarine. I've been researching peps too and am seriously considering using them as well. Right now I'm a week into a cycle.

At the moment, I'm using a combination of DoggCrapp style rest-pauses and FST-7 on a 3 day split. Here's a my current routine:

attachment.php

I just started this new routine this week. Here's how tonight's workout went (copied from another forum):

It felt so good to be training like a bodybuilder again tonight! My back is fried too. I also was able to stick closer to my routine and get some DC rest pauses plus FST-7. I weighed in this morning at 212 and by the evening's workout I weighed 216. I feel like I'm still looking like I did at around 208. I need to start keeping closer track of my food intake each day. I'm going to start keeping a running log of my food as well.

1. Neutral Grip Pulldowns - BWx12,5,3
2. Barbell Rows - 275x10,8,3 (Not a true rest pause. I had to work in with a guy.)
3. Smith Machine Shrugs - 335x10,5,4
4. Rope Pullovers - FST7 - 140x7x10
5. Barbell Curls - 95x10,6,4
6. Reverse Grip Curls - 75x10,5,3
7. Reverse Hypers - Straight Sets - BWx12,10,8

As for supps, this is what I'm currently taking:

Morning:
2000mg Vitamin C
One-A-Day Multi
2 Triple Strength Fish Oil
1200mg Calcium with 1000iu D3
20mg Ostarine
4 LG Sciences M1D
4 Forerunner Labs Ursol-XT

Mid-Afternoon
2000mg Vitamin C
One-A-Day Multi
2 Triple Strength Fish Oil
1200mg Calcium with 1000iu D3
10mg Vital Labs Powerdrol

30 minutes Pre-Workout:
2 scoops iForce Hemavol

Between the enhanced pumps due to the PH's and Osta and the Hemavol, I'm getting super swole in the gym. Not only that, it's now 4 hours since the end of my workout and my lats, shoulders, and arms are still pumped! Now, it's time for bed!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Welcome MA83. Good luck with upcoming comps and congrats for hitting the stage!

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Thanks man! I really appreciate the post. BTW I love your signature! God bless you and Jesus Christ all the way!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
im so excited to see another log starting up! looking forward to following along and cheering for you from afar during your competition!

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Nice to see such a detailed log. Nice job

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Good to see ya over here MA. I see there's another log I'll be following along.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Good to see you too big guy! Thanks everyone for the responses!

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Well, I sat down and recorded what I ate yesterday and what I've eaten today. I've been a bit naughty!!! I need to decrease my fat intake considerably and also increase my protein. My carb intake is right around where it's supposed to be. So, here's my report and my chance to be honest with this part of my routine: yesterday I was 30g protein short, 6g carb over, and a whopping 46g of fat over. No wonder I'm looking a bit soft again. Time to get it right! I also need to start doing that cardio I've got labeled in my routine. Keep me to it everyone!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Cardio sucks but it's def a necessary evil.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Supplement final reviews

Every once in a while, I'm fortunate enough to try out a supplement, and I want it to be easier for anyone who's interested to see what I've tried and what I think of it without having to read through page upon page of my log. Likewise, I like to just keep a single log on each site rather than multiples. So, here we go!

iForce Maximize Intense - Mango Peach Tea
*Final Review to be written at a later date.

iForce Hemavol - Watermelon Cooler
*Final Review to be written at a later date.

Last edited:
MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Weighed in at 213 on Saturday morning / empty stomach. Weighed in at 217 tonight on a full stomach. I had my cheeseburger cheat meal about an hour and a half before hitting the weights. Nothing like a Double Angus Burger from McD's! Did a double shot of iForce Hemavol tonight and it seemed to kick in on the way to the gym. Pumps were solid even with the low volume of DC rest-pauses. I read up on DC training over the weekend, and have yet again made a change to my routine. I'm still going to be training just 3 days a week, but I'm going to do Dante's recommended Upper Body / Lower Body split. That way, whether I'm training 3 or 4 days a week I'm hitting each body part at least 3 times every 2 weeks. Sometimes more like this week when I'm going to be able to kit the gym at least 4 times. With that said, here's what I did tonight (only mentioning the working sets):

Incline Bench Press
205x7,2,1
- 10 reps stay at that weight
Upright Rows
135x9,4,2
- 15 reps move up to 145
Reverse Grip Smith Machine Presses
225x10,3,1
- 14 reps move up to 245
Neutral Grip Pullups
245x7,2,1
- 10 reps stay at 245