Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Andrology: Tolerability of intramuscular injections of testosterone ester in oil vehicle

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Interesting study I came across talking about pulmonary oil microembolism and the cough after bad injections.
The oil vehicle with BA and BB all acting as irritants to the lungs, nick a vein and no doubt you'll have that nasty cough!!
So there you go for those of you who are lazy and don't aspirate!!!!

Now for you home brewers notice castor oil being used as the oil carrier! ~o)

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/10/4/862.abstract
Andrology: Tolerability of intramuscular injections of testosterone ester in oil vehicle

whom correspondence should be addressed at: Andrology Unit, Suite 312C, RPA Medical Centre, 100 Carillon Avenue, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Received August 11, 1994.
Accepted January 25, 1995.
Abstract
We undertook a prospective survey of the tolerability of deep i.m. injections of testosterone enanthate in a castor oil vehicle, the most widely used form of androgen replacement therapy. Over a period of 8 months, 26 men received 551 weekly injections into the gluteal, deltoid or thigh muscle and side-effects were recorded immediately and 1 week after each injection by the same nurse using a standardized questionnaire. Most injections caused no complaints [389/ 551, 70.6% (95% confidence interval 66.6–74.4%)] but minor local side-effects, mostly pain and bleeding, were common [162/551, 29.4% (25.6–33.4%)]; no serious side-effects were observed. Considering all side-effects, the gluteal site had fewer complaints and was less prone to bleeding but was painful more often than deltoid or thigh injection sites. The laterality of injection at any site had no significant effect on side-effects. The only systemic side-effect was episodes of sudden-onset, non-productive cough associated with faintness following eight injections [1.5% (0.6–2.9%)] which we speculate may have been due to pulmonary oil microembolism. We conclude that, when administered by an experienced nurse, deep i.m. injection of testosterone enanthate in a castor oil vehicle is generally safe and well tolerated but causes relatively frequent minor side-effects, including pain and bleeding. An improved depot form of testosterone would be highly desirable for androgen replacement therapy and hormonal male contraception.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Do the study on bicep injections bet ya see some different results lol.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Interesting, ya know Ive never aspirted in 10 plus years 20 plus cycles- seriously - maybe I should begin? Good info thanks Broskies

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Interesting, ya know Ive never aspirted in 10 plus years 20 plus cycles- seriously - maybe I should begin? Good info thanks Broskies

Hahaahaa! Im having de ja vu...here comes this can of worms subject again...Ill just say this, I always did aspirate.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Hahaahaa! Im having de ja vu...here comes this can of worms subject again...Ill just say this, I always did aspirate.

I do about 30% of the time! lol but to be politicaly correct ya know.

I think anything with EO and the thicker oils will always make you cough more. Well EO is as bad on the lungs as BA.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
On a similair note - I can think of this ongoing debate at another forum about many guys saying they inject their HGH and AAS IV and claim that many pros are now also recommending the same LMAO

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
any intravascular injection is going to make you cough, not sayin it will kill your ass but oil/solvents just reach the lungs quicker,

theres a whole Gawd-damn study to of different carriers and there affects of pulmonary oil microembolism affecting the lungs to certain degrees as well.

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Hey I belive you Bro, I consider you one of the few old time respected vetrans around, so let that be known to all the newbies reading this LOL

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Hey I belive you Bro, I consider you one of the few old time respected vetrans around, so let that be known to all the newbies reading this LOL

lmao! I was being nazi and dramatic not aimed at anyone.

cotton seed oil is prefered do to being a thinner carrier and has alot less irrtation on the lungs, but when it won't hold in the depot "so to speak" they use carriers like castor oil which give less pain at the inject site ( T-U being an example) but will cause the pulmonary oil microembolism symptoms more to.

my nazi attitude was directed at that point.

damn drama ~ sorry bout that.

Last edited:
fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Oil is not supposed to be in a vein, period. Anything you can do to help prevent that from happening should be employed, end of story.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic