Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How much strength do you lose after you stop taking creatine?

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
While on creatine my reps always increase but the strength loss upon cesation happens between day 10-15 for me. I dont know the exact amount but Im sure I lose. Some lose much, some lose less.

What about you??

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
None...I don't think I get much out of creatine. Never have.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I never really know because I start creatine with PCT and stop at the start of another cycle

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
You won't notice much after stopping creatine, I don't think you'll loose anything either.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
From "Fitness the complete guide" text book for ISSA Fitness training course...

Your body uses Creatine Phosphate for fuel after it depletes your ATP.

Creatine Monhydrate has been clinically used in improving plasma creatine concentrations by as much as 50%. Reshearch shows this substance to be effective in improving training intensity and recovery. It is able to pass through the gut wall and into the bloodstream intact, and upon entering the muscle cell, is converted into creatine phosphate
Creatine phosphate(CP) in an orgainic compond in muscle fibers that is fractured enymatically for production of ATP, the bodys basic fuel that generates contractions.

ATP and CP are stored in muscle cells and function as a pool of immediate energy. The bigger the amounts in the muscle, the more the muscle can lift and perform short term maximum strenght performance. CP is used to quickly replenish ATP in fast twitch glycolytic muscle fibers. This process take only a fraction of a second. Contuine high intensity levels of performance cause fatigue to set in from meatbolic waste products.(Latic Acid) Creatine loading can therefore result in improving trainging intensity and recovery in anaerobic sports by loading up the resting muscles resting reserve of creatine phosphate. In other words, the more creatine phosphate the muscles have on hand, the more ATP can be replenished during burst of all out effort.

D

dropshot001

Sep 15, 2010
i don't lose much strength, if at all

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Dont think Ive ever noticed an issue loosing strength coming off of creatine...

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Oct 12, 2010
AWARE72: Interesting information you found. I've never heard of Creatine Phosphate being used as a muscular energy source. I always thought it was the ATP the muscle uses for energy. The creatine (I always thought) only hydrated the muscle, making it larger and able to perform more work. Learn something new each day.

D

DragonRider

Sep 17, 2010
I don't lose much in strength, but I can lose 1/2" off of my arms when I come off and my energy levels aren't as high.

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I think any lose I have if any happens so slowly that I don't really notice it. On the other end however I can always feel it kicking in when I start back after a layoff.

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
I dont lose strength coming off creatine

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I don't lose any strength,I just lose reps. I fatigue quicker without the extra creating stores. I adjust quickly though and mix my diet and timing up a bit to help with this.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic