Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

The Jungle

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Whats up Iron Den? lol figured i would go ahead and start my journal now so maybe i get a little more motivated to come up with my new split.

About me:
Currently deployed to Djibouti, Africa. Been here for about 4 months and the heat, humidity, crappy work schedule, and bad nutrition have all pretty much contributed to me losing about 20-25 pounds in the last 4 months. no excuses though, right now i am on a deload to let a few nagging problems heal themselves up so it will be 3 or 4 days before a workout is posted(sorry)

My current lifts as far as personal bests are:

Benchpress: 315x1
Deadlift: 495x1
Squat 355x2
OH Press: 225x1

i am more into bodybuilding than powerlifting but i do enjoy taking those 4 lifts heavy. right now i am focusing on trying to come up with a solution to that nasty low squat number! as for the rest of my lifts i tend to enjoy high volume. i am going to be looking through this forum and another one i am a member to and seeing if i cant come up with a spit that works out for me.

BTW, random question, but how do i embed videos? i probably missed it in the FAQ section but if someone could help me out i would appreciate it lol. i use youtube for all my vids(if that makes a difference)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
great to have you start your journal here gorilla!

to embed videos [video]entire link here[/ video] (without the extra space of course :D)

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
thanks!!!

here are a few vids that i have taken within the last few weeks:

this is probably around my true max for front squat right now. i MIGHT be able to get 260-265 but nothing more than that

Weight dips are a favorite exercise of mine lol.

this one i took for a weighted pullup contest.... then found out it starts in September!

and a seated press video to finish them off:

BTW i am always looking for advice and tips on form, technique, etc. even if i forget to ask about it in my later posts if you guys(and gals) see me screwing something up or just see a better way for me to get more weight/reps out of an exercise please feel free to let me know! i dont currently have any back squat vids but will get one of those and one of my deadlift soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hi and welcome to TID

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
nice to see you decided to stick around and start a log even though you got spammed into coming over here. lol.
i know how you feel with the low squat numbers bro. i blew out my knee a year ago and havent gotten my squat above 300 since. and i dont feel comfortable doing that much still! my working sets stay around 280, anything more than that and i find myself over compensating with my right leg. sucks

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Hi and welcome to TID

thanks

nice to see you decided to stick around and start a log even though you got spammed into coming over here. lol.
i know how you feel with the low squat numbers bro. i blew out my knee a year ago and havent gotten my squat above 300 since. and i dont feel comfortable doing that much still! my working sets stay around 280, anything more than that and i find myself over compensating with my right leg. sucks

lol wasnt hard to know that what the spam was telling me wasnt true. but no reason not to give the site a fair chance anyway lol

yeah my squat has always lagged behind everything else. my deadlift, bench(when i bother benchpressing), pullups, and rows all tend to maintain steady progress but squat has been an uphill battle since i started them. i actually benched 315 before i was able to squat 315 lol

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
here's hoping you can do 400lb deads soon bro...keep plugging away and try to eat as much as you can. When do you anticipate returning to the states?

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
here's hoping you can do 400lb deads soon bro...keep plugging away and try to eat as much as you can. When do you anticipate returning to the states?

lol 400 pound deadlift is easy.... a 400 pound squat is beyond me right now :(

i will be stateside again by October. cant wait to get out off of thiss hot ass continent!

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
lol 400 pound deadlift is easy.... a 400 pound squat is beyond me right now :(

i will be stateside again by October. cant wait to get out off of thiss hot ass continent!

You'll get back up there once you get all healed up...keep plugging away. Once you are stateside I'm sure things will really be looking up for you!

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
thanks MW. no real injuries just a few little nags that i always tell me when it is time to lay off the heavy weight for a minute.

My split i have decided will look something like this:

Day 1: Deadlift.Legs/Core
Day 2: Back/Biceps
Day 3: Chest/Triceps
Day 4: Legs/Calves
Day 5: Delts/Traps
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off

the first leg day being my heavy squat day. i think i will go back to using a 5x5 set/rep plan on that. it did me well in the past. the second leg day has deadlift start it out and then i will probably follow it up with front squats using 5x5 as well. as for the rest of the days it will be business as usual. will hit the gym Sunday more than likely. that will have given me 4 days of no lifting to help recover.

BTW, even when i am on deload(which is rare these days) i am never completely inactive. i get in my cardio and calisthenics(Sp?) through command PT

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i dont like deload weeks and only do them when i am out of town for a meeting.

B

beck26

Jul 28, 2011
glad to see u start your journal bro. hope it helps u out . lots of good people w/good info here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic