Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Homemade Capsaicin Cream

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
I'm sure many if not all of you use or depend on Capsicain cream (hot pepper linament). Anyway the stuff is way too expensive, usually $10 to $15 for a small tube. So I dug up a Homemade Version. Give it a shot if you want, its cheap and easy to make.

HOMEMADE CAPSAICIN CREAM
This will make a lotion, but you can make a cream by adding 6 oz. of melted beeswax to the warm, strained oil. Stir thoroughly and shake the bottle until cool.

8 to 10 oz. habanero chiles, chopped with the seeds

1 qt. olive oil

Combine the ingredients and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer very gently for 4 hours. Let cool for 4 hours. Repeat this procedure 2 more times. Place the mixture in a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds. Strain the mixture through a sieve that has been lined with muslin (or pantyhose) and place in small bottles.

Makes 8 4oz. containers of lotion or cream. Variation: you can also enhance the formula by adding 40 drops of lavender oil to the strained lotion.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Have you tried this? I usually use the capsacian HP roll on which works great and lasts a decent amount of time.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
good info thanks for posting

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
While I'm sure this will produce some kind of linament....I just gotta wonder what ur house smells like afterwards.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Great info..BUT.. Im not sure what your times worth... Theres no way Im spending all day to make a cream I can by for less than $10 on amazon... Equi block is awesome

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Capsaicin crime works great, I use it on my elbows and knees. I agree with jute it's pretty cheap, I suppose by making your own you may be able to manipulate it to be a little stronger hence the benefit.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I was up at 230am this morning because I started sweating in my sleep and the equi block on my knees was dissolving my skin. Ouch!! But it works wonders. You can use red hot too...

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'm a fan of equi block, or for even hotter "HEAT" by Mueller....

I don't know if this would be worth the time unless, as posted above, you could make it even stronger this way.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I use "screaming toast" by toastproducts.com. It gets VERY hot and stays that way for hours. Screaming Toast has 3% capcaisin in it and also good delivery system to get it in your skin. It works A LOT better than "red hot". Screaming Toast is $27 from their site and $13 from amazon.

I haven't tried equiblock. Porky could you post a link to "HEAT" by Mueller???

Last edited:
Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
Holy shit you guys are crazy. The homemade recipe, not me, that has so many ways of injuring you during the prep LOL...

Eq Block was too hot for me. Crazy ass JB had me put it on my low back then turn the car seat heater on while driving to the gym. Don't ever do that LOL....
I can't even imagine going hotter you guys are badasses and you're sporting some tough ass skin to endure that!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic