Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

HTPA Shutdown

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
Ok, so we know that certain steroids shut you down and do it very fast. Every compound you take will at the very least suppress you.

So if were are talking about cycles, short in duration or long....with compounds that shut you down, not just suppress...i.e 19-Nor's (Deca/Tren)

Most user's in here that I see (or at least myself) use a 19-Nor is just about every cycle. For me it's mainly Tren, but I know alot of people love Deca when bulking. So length of the cycle aside, when using any of the aforementioned drugs we are going to suffer from complete HTPA shutdown.

So the question then becomes....if we suffer complete HTPA shutdownwithin the first few days of using these harsh drugs, does it then matter how long we cycle for? This question was inspired by the yesterdays thread year long cycle. I began to think to myself, once one's HTPA is shutdown completely, does it matter how long it remains shutdown? Does the body somehow know the amount of time one is shutdown?

My thoughts would be that once you are shutdown you are shutdown and it will be equally as hard to restore HTPA function after a 8 week cycle or after a 8 month cycle. Anecdotally some users report that longer cycles take longer to recover from. That would lead to one conclusion, that the body does indeed sense the duration of shutdown and the longer one is shutdown the harder it is to restore HTPA function. My guess at the cause of this would be that during longer periods of shutdown perhaps eventually the body begins to forget how to produce endogenous hormones etc....?

I'd love to hear some thoughts and opinions on this matter.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
------------------

Ok, so we know that certain steroids shut you down and do it very fast. Every compound you take will at the very least suppress you.

So if were are talking about cycles, short in duration or long....with compounds that shut you down, not just suppress...i.e 19-Nor's (Deca/Tren)

Most user's in here that I see (or at least myself) use a 19-Nor is just about every cycle. For me it's mainly Tren, but I know alot of people love Deca when bulking. So length of the cycle aside, when using any of the aforementioned drugs we are going to suffer from complete HTPA shutdown.
--------Whenever an AAS "shuts you down" it's an all or none phenomenon. There is NO SUCH thing as a partial shut down! However what can change is the DURATION of HTPA suppression such that "weaker AAS" (Var for example) suppress LH secretion for a much shorter interval. --------

So the question then becomes....if we suffer complete HTPA shutdownwithin the first few days of using these harsh drugs, does it then matter how long we cycle for?

----------- You better believe it matters because longer higher potency cycles require a more prolonged recovery period. Fact is most folk who cycle all THREE classes of AAS for more than one year will require at least SIX MONTHS TO RECUPERATE and some, depending upon their AGE and the DOSAGES used end up on TRT at least briefly. -------------

-----------Furthermore the benefit from "cruising" between cycles limits GIANS. Thats not to say gains will not occur with a one year cycle but the rate of "increasing gains" most certainly does decline IME. In other words the rate of gains from long cycles are disproportionate compared to periodic racing with complete HTPA recovery. ---------------------------------------------------------

This question was inspired by the yesterdays thread year long cycle. I began to think to myself, once one's HTPA is shutdown completely, does it matter how long it remains shutdown? Does the body somehow know the amount of time one is shutdown?

My thoughts would be that once you are shutdown you are shutdown and it will be equally as hard to restore HTPA function after a 8 week cycle or after a 8 month cycle. Anecdotally some users report that longer cycles take longer to recover from. That would lead to one conclusion, that the body does indeed sense the duration of shutdown and the longer one is shutdown the harder it is to restore HTPA function. My guess at the cause of this would be that during longer periods of shutdown perhaps eventually the body begins to forget how to produce endogenous hormones etc....?

I'd love to hear some thoughts and opinions on this matter.

-------------------------- Finally the primary reason Deca suppresses HTPA is the ACTIVE METABOLITES are quite lipid soluble and over time these metabolites seep into the cellular matrix awaiting a decrease in serum concentration. That's when they begin to slow exit and return to the serum where some finds it's way back to the HTPA! ----------------------------------------------

jim

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm eager to see some responses here

GetXXL

GetXXL

Oct 3, 2012
You're overlooking the fact that after 8 months your testes have a more impaired response to LH than they do after 8 weeks of sole AAS usage.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic