Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Coming off a show and diet getting crazy bloated

L

LILY

Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys I just came off of a 16 week prep and dieted down to 6% body fat at 190 pounds. Now that I'm done with competition season I'm of course going to have a cheat meal here and there and enjoy food during my off season. My problem is every time I cheat for example something as little as one slice of pizza or a bowl of cereal I get crazy bloated and my face gets so puffy where it's extremely noticeable and I instantly loose my abbs. This really bothers me and makes me feel like **** because other people will point out on days where my face gets puffy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way of getting back to normal. Any tips if any?

Dnsvideo

Dnsvideo

Sep 21, 2010
Increase total clean carbs before u jump into "dirty" or cheat meals. Your body will be able to tolerate the bad stuff better after you reintroduce healthy forms of carbs and fats. You can actually shock your whole body if u jump into unhealthy foods after prolonged periods of strict eating --- u won't have the proper balance of enzymes to digest things like pizza or professed cereal...

It's also mental- contest prep is just that, it's an acute state... It's not meant to last long term. Remind yourself of what a balanced diet and nutrtion is and know that being single digit bodyfat year round isn't necessarily healthy

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Without seeing you face to face, I'd say much of it is mental. Reversing out of a contest diet is a must. I usually take about 4wks to gradually increase macros to off season #s and don't go nuts with binges until I've stabilized around 12-15% BF. Much of what we see post contest is really distorted and a product of looking so closely at our depleted faces/bodies so hard in the mirror for weeks on end.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Keep your sodium low and keep the water intake up. Like the guys are saying slowly work back to normal nutrition. Your body is going to rebound in some way. You just need to try to control it best you can.

As for what people say? Screw them. These are the same people that most likely didn't support your journey. Dont let it get in your head. Don't let this turn into a eating disorder. Regroup and slowly get your meal plan mainstreamed a bit.
Best of luck,
GC

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic