Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need to work...

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Aight guys with the oil prices down I got laid off, yeah low gas prices are good for some and and for others. I just bought a new 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Mega Cab 4x4 and would like to do some Hotshots or whatever until this oilfield picks back up. If you have a hookup or something let me know I am ready to roll. I don't want to mess my bed up with a 5th wheel hitch but have a bumper pull with a 2" and 2-5/16 hide a hitch.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Go onto facebook and type in hot shot under facebook groups. I'm a member there.

There is a TON of info on hot shotting and how you get started.

Basically you need to get your CDL, Class A. A lot of companies won't run a 2500, but some do.

You need insurance, a DOT number, and some other stuff I don't remember.

You have to keep a log book too, this is very important. You get pulled over by DOT on the daily.

Here's the link to the hot shot group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/209881755873240/?fref=nf

Ask to join, and once you do, read through a lot of the old posts before posting any questions. That way you start off on a good note with the members.

EDIT: You will have to do a goose neck or 5th wheel. The loads are too heavy for a bumper hitch. If you do a bumper hitch you will limit the amount of work you can get.

Last edited:
Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I dont want to start my own business and I used to run over the road for 7 years so yeah I know about the DOT and logbooks and crap, I want to work for one till the oilfield picks back up.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
wait.. hot shots? is that code for something??? I see TurboFag got excited... he must like these "hot shots"... in his mmmmouf....

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
If you need a job real fast get a little econo car and deliver pizzas in a nice neighborhood. I made 2600$/month average.

Check the Greensheet for Hotshot jobs. There are plenty around airports. I thought about doing it myself but pizza delivery is easy and free food.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic