Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Need some honest opinions please - trying to avoid long term damage

Little Augustyn

Little Augustyn

TID Lady Member
Apr 24, 2013
Okay so I was having some time to reflect on my goals yesterday, where I have come from and where I want to go.

I realised I have been in a calorie deficit 75-80% of the time for the last 4 years - consciously, but almost unaware. I had my cheats here and there and times where I focus less... but calories never surpass about 2000-2200 in those days.

In terms of deficit I have been eating between 1000-1600 for the last 4 years.

My TDEE is has always been between 1800-2400. At the moment I am always leaning towards 2400 TDEE

I am 5ft6, 130lbs and 18% bf... and my goal is to put on some more lean muscle this year.

I am running a var cycle and have found my appetite to have shot quite drastically and I am most comfortable at about 1900 calories a day lately.

My question is though, how damaging is it that I have been on such an extensively long deficit ( I don't want to cause metabolic damage) and how beneficial or not is it to my goals??

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
When In doubt slowly add in calories ... Alter carbs and fats weekly and slowly move your macros to where you are more conformable ... Reverse dieting concept

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
At your height and weight, you weren't eating so few calories where you should have suffered any metabolic damage. 1600 is pleanty. After a few months at 1600, your body was probably used to that level wih zero detrimental effects. It's when we get into the 500-800 kcal range where people get into trouble. Like Jhot says, add calories slowly. Be mindful of your macros.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic