Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Patriots Deflating Game Balls in AFC Championship Game

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Now im no fan of the Patriots but this latest witch hunt about them deflating game balls so Brady can grip it better is nonsense. Apparantly theres going to
be some serious cocsequences as the NFL,s investigation found 11 of 12 balls deflated. Personally i think Brady could of been throwing Bowling balls that game and still
beat the colts. But the Spygate crap from years ago and the media and NFL,S dislike for Belicheck has them in hot water again...

Last edited:
M

Mijeyzway

Jul 12, 2013
Amazing that people buy into this crap. Both teams use the SAME game balls so how would this benefit Brady and not Luck!! And how did this supposed deflating of the balls contribute to the running game of tha Pats?? It is ludicrous to think that a team, after the officials check each ball, got those same balls an deflated them, let alone at a championship game....

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Actually, no they don't. I didn't know this, but the balls are inspected two hours before the game to ensure they meet specifications. I guess dimensions and inflation level are both checked. These balls were inspected and met the requirements. Subsequently, in the two hours after the inspection and before game time, 11/12 balls of the Pats were deflated. Throughout the game when the Pats have possession, one of their 12 balls is used, and when the Colts had possession, one of their 12 balls was used.

The deflation was so much that a linebacker from the Colts, after intercepting the ball, noticed that something was "wrong" with the ball, and asked that it be checked. That's what got the ball rolling in the first place.

While I don't have a horse in this race, if deflating the ball didn't have a big impact (which apparently it does, especially when cold), then no one would have bothered. The Pats cheated, and got caught. I suspect they're going to be significant consequences, such as loss of draft picks, fines and/or suspensions.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Bullshit. Ain't nobody purposely deflating balls (except schultz with a mouf full) just another witch hunt against the Patriots. Colts got their ass handed to them, Roger Goodell is pissed bcuz it was a blow out, and now this to take the attention off the embarrassing loss Colts took on sunday. I really doubt Pats would do something like that, they could of been playing with bowling balls and still won.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I agree that with the way they spanked the Colts, they could have one with their second team playing. However, this ain't BS. If just one of the balls was underinflated that would be one thing, but with 11/12 about 2 pounds below the min limit, I don't think so. The ball was so soft that an opposing player noticed something amiss, and defensive players don't touch the ball very often.

What is weird IMO is how no refs would have noticed that all game, especially with balls coming in and out with changes of possession. I'd think you'd be able to notice that, especially when they're handing the balls all the time, and when the refs no the benefit of them being underinflated. We shall see.

M

Mijeyzway

Jul 12, 2013
Some new info today... That coming to light wouldn't one of the refs that handled those balls all game long have noticed????? I mean if Indy had fully inflated and pats had under inflated enough to make a difference wouldn't one of the refs have noticed ???? Load of crap all of it.

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
It's all stupid. .. they won't prove shit..just another reason to hate the pats...

So many qbs in the league prefer the ball a different weight and I bet a few will come forward the next few days..

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
This makes no sense
They are using the same BALLL!!!!!!

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Only balls being Deflated in new england is all the brother's roided up on juice!

Get some HCG you will be fine!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
This makes no sense
They are using the same BALLL!!!!!!

No they do not. Each team has an allotment of 12. They do not share balls like you and raiden.

Still have to throw it and they still have to catch it. Not a pats fan but really....who cares.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Just seen Sports Science on Sporstcenter, and they were showing the effects of under inflated footballs, damn near nothing. If anything g it is a disadvantage to use under inflated balls, especially in the rain as it adds weight to the ball, and decreases velocity on the ball when throwing. It's all about Belichick being defiant towards the league and a way to tarnish the franchise imo. Inflategate.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic