Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Precision Peptides Owner Jailed & Fined

FranchizeBBer

FranchizeBBer

Sep 10, 2010
Owner Of Bodybuilding Drug Company Pleads Guilty To Selling Misbranded Drugs

Drugs Sold for Bodybuilding Enhancements Were Not Approved for Human Consumption

January 14, 2015
Greenbelt, Maryland

Gregory Tamborello, age 65, of Lutz, Florida, pleaded guilty today to selling misbranded drugs, in connection with the sale of bodybuilding drugs to consumers which were not approved by the FDA for human use.

The guilty plea was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein and Special Agent in Charge Antoinette V. Henry of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Office of Criminal Investigations.

“We will aggressively pursue those who endanger the public health by distributing unapproved and potentially unsafe drugs,” said Antoinette V. Henry, Special Agent in Charge, FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations. “We will remain vigilant in protecting the public from the purveyors of these illegal and dangerous products.”

According to his plea agreement, from March to August 2012, Tamborello owned and operated Precision Peptides, located in Lutz, Florida, through which he sold body-enhancing injectable drugs to individuals seeking to enhance their physiques. These drugs were not approved by the FDA for use in humans.

Tamborello sought buyers for his drugs by placing ads in bodybuilding magazines and websites, promoting his business at bodybuilding conferences and by offering drugs for sale on his website. His website displayed numerous disclaimers stating that all products sold were for “research/laboratory use only.”

Additionally, prior to purchasing the products from the website, each customer was asked to certify that he or she read the disclaimer that the “chemicals/materials for sale here are . . . not intended for human ingestion.” Yet Tamborello intended that the products be used by consumers for bodybuilding purposes, and knew that consumers were in fact using them for that purpose.

The drugs Tamborello sold included Mechano Growth Factor, Myostatin Propeptide, and T3 (Liothyronine), none of which the FDA has approved for use in humans.

On May 8, 2012, an undercover federal agent ordered drugs from Tamborello’s website. Tamborello shipped two vials of “mechano growth factor,” a vial each of “Myostatin Propeptide,” “Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide,” “T3 (Liothyronine),” “DHEA,” and three vials of “Sildenafil Citrate” to Columbia, Maryland. Tamborello provided no directions for use of the drugs or adequate warnings on the packages.

From March to August 2012, Precision Peptides generated at least $210,000 in revenue.

Tamborello faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. U.S. District Judge George J. Hazel has scheduled sentencing for April 17, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.

United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein commended the FDA Office of Criminal Investigations for its work in the investigation and thanked Assistant U.S. Attorney Kelly O. Hayes, who is prosecuting the case.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/md/news...panyPleadsGuiltyToSellingMisbrandedDrugs.html

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
one year?! for selling all that stuff? wonder what kind of lawyer he had. this may be the beginning of more like this. someone in the justice department has a hardon for busting these guys and there are tons of companies out there. i wonder if they are going to persu customers. ive never used that brand...

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
one year?! for selling all that stuff? wonder what kind of lawyer he had. this may be the beginning of more like this. someone in the justice department has a hardon for busting these guys and there are tons of companies out there. i wonder if they are going to persu customers. ive never used that brand...

Most of us have used similar places. If they persue customers that opens a flood gate. Would it be possible if they have no real proof of receival?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
**** this does not boad well for what is to come

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
"Random thoughts," since I have more questions than answers:

are these things Schedule III like other things we discuss, or a lesser offense?

does the fact this is FDA and not DEA indicate this is "lesser," hence his relatively light sentence?

guessing this guy and others in the lab rat business use USPS Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation? this would provide the proof 5.0 asks about above?

I have a very vague memory of the FDA emailing DS/PH end users several yrs and several bans ago. They weren't after the customers, they were after additional evidence against the businessmen, testimony the compounds had harmed the end users, that sort of thing. My memory is so vague we can discount this point, unless I have triggered some other better quality memories here?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
"Random thoughts," since I have more questions than answers:

are these things Schedule III like other things we discuss, or a lesser offense?

does the fact this is FDA and not DEA indicate this is "lesser," hence his relatively light sentence?

guessing this guy and others in the lab rat business use USPS Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation? this would provide the proof 5.0 asks about above?

I have a very vague memory of the FDA emailing DS/PH end users several yrs and several bans ago. They weren't after the customers, they were after additional evidence against the businessmen, testimony the compounds had harmed the end users, that sort of thing. My memory is so vague we can discount this point, unless I have triggered some other better quality memories here?

RE: FDA vs DEA question - big difference here. The charge is misbranding, not possession, distribution, trafficking etc... These are not schedule III and are really no big deal. This looks like FDA was bored. I guess since they like to write regs that have manufacturers self police themselves it frees up some time for this nonsense.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
you can sell them as research chems but as soon as you put them on a bodybuilding board it's obvious you're advertising for bodybuilders. As long as the pep companies stay off of websites and magazines you can't really prove they are for anything else but research.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I don't get it, what was mislabeled?? Maybe I missed something.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't get it, what was mislabeled?? Maybe I missed something.
Misbranded not mislabeled. They contend that he in fact knew these drugs were sold for human consumption not research and that they were not appropriately marketed and labeled as such.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Unless your a university or scientist it will be very hard to prove your ordering for "research purposes". And if u were a scientist u wouldnt order from some peptide company on the net....

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Unless your a university or scientist it will be very hard to prove your ordering for "research purposes". And if u were a scientist u wouldnt order from some peptide company on the net....

But it's not the end user that has to prove anything....resources would never allow for that....the cost to build cases against the end user is prohibitive and does not really serve to protect the public interest......and let's not forget there's a big difference between what is known and what can be proven... In both cases.

and like pob says....big difference between FDA and DEA and their mandates.

L

legaljuicer

MuscleHead
Mar 21, 2011
I am sorry but this one doesn't surprise me.... Greg ' s son who is deceased didn't know what he was doing and then his dad got involved and didn't know what he was doing either. What goes around comes around. :) and any peptide company advertising on the boards is not smart. Oh and do you think that maybe he is only facing 1 year because maybe he rolled over on other peptide companies??????

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic