Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Workout plan for me and wife

-Sternacus-

-Sternacus-

May 21, 2014
Hey guys for a question me and my wife are both wanting to lose some weight so I was going to put a plan together for the both of us I was thinking three days of cardio and two days of like circuits? I guess what I'm asking is that something that we should be doing to lose the pounds? Any ideas? Suggestions?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
May I suggest three day full body training and as many days of cardio as you can manage.

Want2lift

Want2lift

Jun 12, 2012
Conditioning, not cardio. See if u can get to the gym 3-4 days a week, not so important what your doing but keep active. Keep your heart rate up, little rest time. And see if you can get some conditioning in. Cardio sucks. 15 minutes of conditioning and your metabolism is boosted for 4 hours where as the second you get of a treadmill, your metabolism is back to normal. Sled pulls, prowler pushes, hill sprints, agility ladder, box jumps, tire flips, sledgehammer work, heavy bag work, chop some wood, weighted carries, weight vest walking, kettle bell work. Just a few ideas.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
How's your eating? Got plans for that? Need to burn more calories than you put in if wanting to lose weight. It sucks because I'm always hungry after working out but it is what it is. That's why I love when it's time to bulk because I love me some good food.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
As Texas said, eating is the key.

I've seen a lot of people over the years hit the gym, reach a goal then stop going to find themselves back a few months later trying to reach the same goal. Sort of comparable to fad diets but definitely much healthier.

What you will want to do is make a few simple but permanent changes to your lives to maintain your goal. Pretty easy stuff, just takes consistency.

A mix of how you eat and activities at the gym or even at the house make all the difference.

How much weight would the both of you like to lose?

Is the main goal loss or lose and then add some muscle?

Getting in shape is easy stuff. You just need a good plan. We can discuss a good plan for your goals in this thread if you would like to.

H

-Sternacus-

-Sternacus-

May 21, 2014
Eating wise I track my calories on my fitness pal. My goal is to lose weight then gain muscle cardio is no problem for me I love to run. I track my calories burned and stuff from a Harmon watch. One thing I do need to change is I love to drink beer in guess I should probably stop that lol

-Sternacus-

-Sternacus-

May 21, 2014
I don't take any vitamins at all or supplements nothing in that order, the reason for that is because I never know what kind of vitamins to take or a regular basis.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
vits and supps are overrated. I do take a b-complex with vit c because it cleared up mild bacne.
creatine, protein, and fish oil are my usual supps.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Building muscle while leaning out is much easier IMHO than what you have proposed.

Find you are your wife's maintenance cals, eat there for 2 weeks while lifting 3-4 times a week, with 2-3 hiit cardio after lifting.

Then drop 20-300 cals and hold there diet wise while following above schedule. Let the lean muscle gains burn cals for you

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Eating wise I track my calories on my fitness pal. My goal is to lose weight then gain muscle cardio is no problem for me I love to run. I track my calories burned and stuff from a Harmon watch. One thing I do need to change is I love to drink beer in guess I should probably stop that lol

When getting started, losing first then gaining is the best thing to do IMO. It gives you a better chance to learn your body because you can see what it takes to lose and what it takes to gain before you set sights on multiple goals, best to learn to walk before you run.

It's a lifestyle change so take your time and learn all you can because you have your whole life to do it.

That's great that you are tracking your calories already. You've got a good head start.

How many calories are you running below maintenance?

I would suggest a 1 1/2 to 2lb loss a week as it helps to preserve muscle by not losing to fast. Keep your protein high as well for the same reason.

If you are still drinking beer, make sure you enter it as calories. Obviously not optimal and food would be the better choice on a set number of limited calories but it will keep you closer to your weekly goal of loss.

What ever plan you use for training, just make sure it stays the same each week so your calories burnt will remain close so it's easier to hit that goal. Circuits are fine they are pretty much the same as Monsoon suggested like a full body workout.

The most important thing is consistency. Showing up and doing it is the biggest part of the battle.

Just about any multivitamin would be good for your goal. I wouldn't do without one.

H

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Switch to light beer. Problem solved.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic