Get me ready - Anavar!

• Thread starter Little Augustyn
  • Start Date
Little Augustyn

Little Augustyn

TID Lady Member
Apr 24, 2013
Heya!

Okay, Im starting my first cycle of anavar tomorrow. And have a few questions.
Before I do that though, here is a brief about whats plotting with me:

My stats (this is strange because we don't work in imperial measurements):
Height: 5ft 5
Weight: 132lbs
BF: 19-20% (lets stick with 20% to be safe)
I was sitting at about 14% a year ago, then life through some shit in the fan and well, damage control has been in the process.

Training wise:
I have a 5 day training split with weights. I try to keep my heart rate up, working with 4-6 exercises per a session. 4-7 sets per an exercise. Reps range anywhere from 10-40 depending on the exercise.

In terms of cardio, I have just come out of rehab for my second ACL injury, and I am about 2months out of my ROM brace ( a nifty biconical leg). So cardio is a difficult one, I can pretty much walk on a treadmill which I find so boring. I prefer sprinting.

Diet

I must be honest I don't know the exact calories, but somewhere between 1200-1400... some days I eat 1700 if I'm hungry haha.

Meal 1: 1/3 cup oats, 1 scoop protein, 1tsp cocoa, 1tsp honey
Meal 2: 1/3 cup brown basmati rice, 120g chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach
Meal 3: 1 brown rice cake, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1tsp honey
Meal 4: 1/3 cup brown basmati rice, 100g extra lean ground beef, 2 cups broccoli
P/W: Whey Protein

I think I need to eat more after reading that.

Now
I will be taking 10mg anavar for a little over 12 weeks. Its my first course so Im obviously curios, but not too expectant on it. Im looking for some lean gains, and bit of body fat lost along the way would be grand.
My mister told me that Anavar will help create more red blood cells in my body, which sounds fantastic because I have a rather low count to start with.

So now for the questions:
Will I feel a bit more energetic?
Can I expect to lose a bit of body fat?
Will strength gains be noticeable?
Will my sex drive be increased? Please oh please.
Do I need to up my water intake to help flush my system?
Can I expect some water retention? If so, help! Please :)

Thanks guys!!!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm going to let the ladies field your questions. The only advice I have is to consider your source. Anavar is very often faked. Many times you will be getting winstrol or low dose dbol. Var is expensive so if yours was a great deal, be weary. Good luck on your cycle.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Heya!

Okay, Im starting my first cycle of anavar tomorrow. And have a few questions.
Before I do that though, here is a brief about whats plotting with me:

My stats (this is strange because we don't work in imperial measurements):
Height: 5ft 5
Weight: 132lbs
BF: 19-20% (lets stick with 20% to be safe)
I was sitting at about 14% a year ago, then life through some shit in the fan and well, damage control has been in the process.

Training wise:
I have a 5 day training split with weights. I try to keep my heart rate up, working with 4-6 exercises per a session. 4-7 sets per an exercise. Reps range anywhere from 10-40 depending on the exercise.

In terms of cardio, I have just come out of rehab for my second ACL injury, and I am about 2months out of my ROM brace ( a nifty biconical leg). So cardio is a difficult one, I can pretty much walk on a treadmill which I find so boring. I prefer sprinting.

Diet

I must be honest I don't know the exact calories, but somewhere between 1200-1400... some days I eat 1700 if I'm hungry haha.

Meal 1: 1/3 cup oats, 1 scoop protein, 1tsp cocoa, 1tsp honey
Meal 2: 1/3 cup brown basmati rice, 120g chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach
Meal 3: 1 brown rice cake, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1tsp honey
Meal 4: 1/3 cup brown basmati rice, 100g extra lean ground beef, 2 cups broccoli
P/W: Whey Protein

I think I need to eat more after reading that.

Now
I will be taking 10mg anavar for a little over 12 weeks. Its my first course so Im obviously curios, but not too expectant on it. Im looking for some lean gains, and bit of body fat lost along the way would be grand.
My mister told me that Anavar will help create more red blood cells in my body, which sounds fantastic because I have a rather low count to start with.

So now for the questions:
Will I feel a bit more energetic?
Can I expect to lose a bit of body fat?
Will strength gains be noticeable?
Will my sex drive be increased? Please oh please.
Do I need to up my water intake to help flush my system?
Can I expect some water retention? If so, help! Please :)

Thanks guys!!!

I'm thinking you want to eat 1800-2000 calories

Will I feel a bit more energetic? I wouldn't say energetic but your endurance will go up as well as recovery
Can I expect to lose a bit of body fat? This really depends on your diet and training/cardio, var alone isn't going to make you lose fat
Will strength gains be noticeable? yes, they will be noticeable but not through the roof
Will my sex drive be increased? Please oh please. This is hit and miss as everyone is different, I have heard some women say yes but for me other compounds work better
Do I need to up my water intake to help flush my system? It's not a bad idea to up your water
Can I expect some water retention? If so, help! Please :) again, everyone is different but yes, you most likely will and it's just part of it. Once you stop taking it...the water will drop pretty quick

and 12 weeks is perfect :)

Last edited:
P

Protein Puff

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks so much for the help!! :)

I think I need to brave some morning cardio during the course, will also have a look at my diet. Need to get over my calorie phobia if I want some muscle haha.

I was eating such small amounts when I was at 14% but I didn't have much muscle to show for it! So will come out better this time

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
If you have legit var. You will feel a bit endurance, some strength gains. And you will feel pumps. If you eat lean and clean you should start to get some vascularity. Make sure to take 6hrs a part. So you dont have dips in you blood sugar.
. Also most likely you will have to dose higher as most var have fillers.

Last edited:
Little Augustyn

Little Augustyn

TID Lady Member
Apr 24, 2013
Thanks so much :) I do trust the source so I hope it's good stuff. I have 50tabs for now, so will keep posted on how it's going and see if I'm getting the next 50:)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks so much for the help!! :)

I think I need to brave some morning cardio during the course, will also have a look at my diet. Need to get over my calorie phobia if I want some muscle haha.

I was eating such small amounts when I was at 14% but I didn't have much muscle to show for it! So will come out better this time

I would increase your fats in that diet.

Additional suggestions for support:
- include acidophilus or some decent quality probiotic in your daily supplement pile - var or any AAS or AI can tend to screw w/ the natural balance of good/bad vaginal flora and promote yeast infections. Throwing an anti-biotic into a steroid cycle just adds to the stress on your system, so better to just try to avoid them if you can.

- Pay attention to your blood pressure. Var tends to jack up both BP and cholesterol and in some people or w/ whatever particular pills you got, you may experience this more or less. If you do notice nose bleeds or headaches, you can include CoQ-10 (200mg/day) + Red Yeast Rice (both pretty cheap supps) or just Cholest-Off daily to help keep things more even keel.(You can google these with "OTC supplement cholesterol or blood pressure treatment" to get more info on them.) BP & cholesterol tend to settle back to normal after the cycle has ended, the var clears your system (ref: detection time of anavar) and your body's downstream processes have been able to re-establish homeostasis.

- if you notice any cramping, include potassium & magnesium supplements in the pile. I've noticed this particularly as I'm cutting into a competition date, but generally speaking if you notice cramping, both help. Currently my typical cramp is a toe cramp in yoga class... SUCKKKKKK

- If you get acne/bacne from the var, you can load Vitamin B5/Pantothenic acid or use a B5-based cream to help w/ it. There are also a bunch of suggestions for generally dealing w/ acne if you search on the forum, but B5 tends to be an easy and cheap approach to hormonal acne. Not a guarantee as everyone's body chemistry is different, even to how you actually respond to the var, but not uncommon to get oil/zits from a cycle. Nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo (or Nioxine shampoo) used as a body wash can help w/ acne as well. You generally don't have to worry about hair loss on a var cycle, so you don't really need it as a shampoo for that reason. (I'd suggest it definitely if you were running Primo or Winstrol)

- Don't freak if you experience water retention - you can fiddle w/ your dosage if you want to see if that helps, but otherwise, embrace it if you are looking to grow. Water helps support muscle hypertrophy and protects your joints. And as Jenner said, it will clear within 10 days or so after you stop the cycle.

Don't be afraid of eating. If you can lift harder because of the recovery aspect & strength increase from the cycle, support it. Don't waste the cycle - the reason it's called a cycle is because you're taking a block of time to add something that stresses your body to get an end result. If you worry about how you are during the cycle / transition before the end result, your end result will be compromised. Since this stuff does stress your body, IMO if you choose to do it, commit to it all the way and get results for the stress you put your body thru. Diet-wise, you can look at a variety of approaches - if you aren't looking for an aggressive bulker cycle, I usually recommend a "clean bulk" where you're eating a lot of good quality calories on the days you train heavier (e.g. similar to a carb cycle) and minimizing the shit food. Some cardio helps as well if you are able. Even steady state walking cardio will easily work.

By the same token, keep any alcohol intake to a minimum - this also adds stress to your body

I don't know if this was mentioned but expect yoru period to stop probably in the 2nd month of the cycle. Like the water retention, it goes back to normal when you come off. It may take another month or two (or not), but generally not a big deal - just be aware.

RE: lifting - yes you will feel amazing (var & most AAS tend to create an increased sense of well-being... assuming the particular compound doesn't work in a negative way w/ your body chemistry - e.g some people have anxiety issues on primo, others feel like a million bucks) and be able to lift more and recover more quickly. But pay attention to the way you increase your weights - don't go hog wild immediately. You always have to pay attention to the weakest link in the chain - typically your joints, tendons & ligaments. Also most AAS tends to have a "healing" effect, which we could also call "recovery" to a degree - but it can mask aches and pains that you would normally feel off cycle - so when you do come off and you've been aggravating any weaker point, it will show up more. Again, just be aware and do everything slow, steady, controlled. Both in form of lifting as well as increase. The point is to maximize your growth in spurts while allowing your body, over time (both on & off cycle) to maintain & recover at the rate that it can properly support. Even on cycle ain't nuttin for free if you aren't cognizant of your body's capabilities.

Good luck!

Little Augustyn

Little Augustyn

TID Lady Member
Apr 24, 2013
Thank you so much!!! that is a huge help!!

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I was going to say the same thing about raising you fats a bit. Everything else looks solid. Basmati (brown) rice is one of my favorites.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
As a rule I don't comment on gear posts pertaining to ladies as I no experience in that realm. But I will say. If you have legit var, you will be happy. Have fun

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
my wife started off at 5mgs and it was to strong for her so he dropped to 2.5mgs

I would suggest starting a 2.5mgs if u can find the small tabs, they are out their if u look. if u have trouble u can PM me and i can advise u on where u may be able to find some on some other boards who have aas sponsors

Good Luck

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic