Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Taking diuretics during contest prep

S

sniper33

Sep 19, 2010
First thing you should realize before taking diuretics is if you have more than 5 pounds to lose on them you have screwed up your prep and taking diuretics will help but they are not going to fix the problem. Losing any more than 5 pounds and the water will be pulled out of the muscle and not only will you not be shredded but you will look flat.

Second thing is you want to drink water on them and leave the ****ing salt in, don't over think the diuretic, it knows what to do, you pull salt and water and bingo , flat again and you have wasted your prep.

Lasix, stupid, the only diuretics I ever use is aldactone and diazide and I guarantee my athletes look dryer that the coach that is pushing other crap.

Aldactone you never use more that 4 days or you will go.....flat
Diazide if used more that 2 days awill also make you flat

Drink water, never stop. You dont need to use very much, as soon as you step off the stage you drink pedialyte,

drink water
if you have back to back shows you still drink pedialyte and be very careful on the next round
drink water

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
IMO Sniper is not too far off at all in his thoughts. His point is if you think dropping 5# and you will be dialed in you are wrong. Diuretics do not burn body fat off. So, if you are still fat week of show you are screwed. Diuretic will only hurt you.

Water: if your prep is correct and you have gotten below 5% bf you are ready to kick ass. Pound the water. I mean like all the way to say 6pm Friday night of a Saturday show. Yet, if you are peeled the water will be flowing through you. Then maybe take 1/2 to 3/4 diazide at 5 pm. Drink water another hour then shut it off, have 3 or 4 oz with meals. By 6 am you should be very dry. Do all you can to not take another diazide. Guys just seem to think if I was a pinch dryer I win the show. Then a few hours later they can't get a pump. They feel soft. We need water in the muscle. IN THE MUSCLE.

There is a lot to be said about diuretics . The phrase " less is more " should always be considered. Just start your diet early, push that water. AntiE work wonders on staying dry. Many tricks.

Lastly diuretics do not fix poor contest prep.
Gc

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Aldactone is a bad choice for anyone. It has anti-DHT properties and will negate the power of Winstrol, Masteron and or Proviron somewhat. HCTZ is better but Potassium might be over excreted. The better choice would be Diazide as it has both potassium "sparing" and "excreting" effects thus preventing less electrolyte imbalances.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Lots of great information guys. This new forum was a great idea! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, I can vouch for taking diuretics to try and get that little extra leaness the last week of prep. I ****ed up last year for the Masters nationals like that. 1.5 weeks before the show I looked exactly like my avatar. That was taken 1.5 weeks before my show and I my lesg still weren't where I needed them to be so I thought taking some Lasix would do the trick. Needless to say I went into the show flat as shit and had lost considerable thickness. I looked better 1.5 weeks before the show then I did the day of the show. The lasix pulled all the water out of my muscles and left me slighty leaner but flat as hell. BIG MISTAKE on my part. But I learned a valuable lesson and will not make that same mistake this coming year. No diuretics and more cardio.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Slin as dry as your back was in the pic here not question you were lean. From what you said you legs were not dialed in. That might be due to a number of reasons.

They just plain and simple might be holding fat in the fat cells for dear life. Estrogin might have been a a tad high and the fat held on. Seldon does our bodies get peeled head to toe in a equal fashion. If I had to guess just longer on the diet while keeping full but yet depleted at end of day. Your upper body might have gotten even creepier while those legs got in.

Sorry to hear you rolled the dice like you did last year. I say that pharse to to alot of guys who have dieted for 18 to 20 weeks. They tell me their final week prep plan. Knowing they look damn good now. ALL they need is a mini tweek. But their minds are not working as good anymore do to extended diet. Their focus is all about I can be better. So, they pull the trigger on the diuretics. Then I hear on Sunday stories like yours.

So, please this year do all you can to keep hydraded fully all the way till the night of your show. Then 12 hours from stage time maybe half a dyazide MAYBE.

All the best! Master nationals is no walk in the park. But it sure is a money making machine.
GC

Yeah, I can vouch for taking diuretics to try and get that little extra leaness the last week of prep. I ****ed up last year for the Masters nationals like that. 1.5 weeks before the show I looked exactly like my avatar. That was taken 1.5 weeks before my show and I my lesg still weren't where I needed them to be so I thought taking some Lasix would do the trick. Needless to say I went into the show flat as shit and had lost considerable thickness. I looked better 1.5 weeks before the show then I did the day of the show. The lasix pulled all the water out of my muscles and left me slighty leaner but flat as hell. BIG MISTAKE on my part. But I learned a valuable lesson and will not make that same mistake this coming year. No diuretics and more cardio.

Last edited:
B

-BRI-

Oct 8, 2010
I drink a ton of water right up until the day before a show.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic