Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Sleep Aid?

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I just wondered if anyone could recommend a decent sleed aid? I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. The doctor recently threw mirtazapine at me but I would prefer to stay away from prescribed medication.

I'm currently taking Magnesium and Zinc before bed.

Any suggestions welcome.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Have you tried Benadryl? 2 caps does a good job.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Have you tried melatonin? I just went to the dr the other day and he told me to take 1mg a day. He said if that doesn't work we will try trazadone

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I would suggest kava tea if you want to go the herbal route. It might work and it might not but I'd give it a try. If it doesn't work the first time increase it to two bags of tea and try again.

Slic.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Have you tried Benadryl? 2 caps does a good job.

I have tried benadryl specifically but I have taken something called atarax which is also a anti histamine, it had a very bad hangover effect in the morning and I couldnt shake it all day.

Have u tried Propofol?

No. I am pretty sure I came across a doc using this on tv though as an anaesthetic when he was preparing to induce labour though

I would suggest kava tea if you want to go the herbal route. It might work and it might not but I'd give it a try. If it doesn't work the first time increase it to two bags of tea and try again.

Slic.

I haven't but I will check to see if it is available in my local store.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Have you tried melatonin? I just went to the dr the other day and he told me to take 1mg a day. He said if that doesn't work we will try trazadone

I have taken this in the past but I cannot remember if it was beneficial or not with regards to helping me sleep, I will also consider this. Just my 2 cents but I would dodge the trazadone like a fkin bullet.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

If i remember correct, you have to give melatonin a break after a few weeks as your body gets used to it and builds a tolerance.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Suggest checking what and when your taking and how close to sleep. If you're taking stimulants , caffeine etc too close to bed you're fighting a losing battle trying to med your way to a good sleep. Check your routine 4-6 hours before your usual sleep time. Try and cut stims out at least 3-4 hours before minimum. I've tried them all and nothing really helped except getting a better routine leading up to sleep,. Sleep is just as important as everything else in a program

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
Melatonin 10 mg and Valerian root zma at drugstore. You can also get at herb shops passion. Flower and Valerian root tea.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I use Webber Naturals Super Sleep:

51kjaijiRkL._SY300_.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic