Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Cyber dust app?

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I don't use it but I went to check out their Privacy Policy for you... it told me what I needed to know, I can't speak for the program but if your using it to be secure - it is not secure. (Especially from LE).

"We collect information you provide directly to us" ... "This may include your username, password, email address, phone number, age"

First line that isn't generic says "While we are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your messages"

And the main thing that concerns me is that they store your messages on THEIR server, it isn't a simple process of your device to your friends with the server acting as something to pass on the message, it stores things and "As such, we also temporarily collect, process and store the contents of your message"

And the proof that they actively aid LE is "Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications (including without limitation chat text, voice communications, IP addresses and your personal information) may be accessed and monitored as necessary to provide the Service and may be disclosed: (i) when We have a good faith belief"
^ This means they only need to have 'good faith' that your doing something illegal and they will hand over your messages and allow monitoring (assume also encryption keys)

Source: http://cyberdust.com/privacy-policy.html

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I would recommend Wickr as an alternate

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic